Violet Indy's Marion Gear

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
As some may know, if anyone actually reads my posts.... I went to Supanova and beforehand, was thinking as going as Marion coz no one would really notice the costume in the first place... you know the outfit she wears in the Raven... I half did in the end, but anyhow I have finished the costume, medallion and all and will try to post some pics soon so you can have a look...

Canyon

Indy Violet, can't wait to see your pictures!

I'm going to try to work on getting some Marion outfits together. :D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
My digital camera's up the creek...grrr. I'll try to fix it asap. I was rying to take the pics only to find my camera crapping up. Sorry for the delay.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Marion 1.jpg

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I fixed the camera! I tried to post one of the pics up. It's come up as a cross.... Anyone willing to help me out here?

Gustav

I don't know what could be wrong with that, but you may be able to host the photos on tinypic.com and then post the links.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The problem is that it's not on the internet like the Raven is, it's only on your computer. Try uploading it to Photobucket.com or ImageShack.us.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Canyon. Appreciate it!
Let's just keep my real name a secret. It'll be the email address with @student dot griffith.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for that Canyon! :whip: I'm sorry that the photo's resolution's are pretty crap, but that's because my camera's probably faulty, or something. Btw, the whole costume only costed $25. The medallion is actually gold craft card and has a gem bead in it, but it isn't quite so clear.

Canyon

Violet, you're very welcome. :D

I'll be posting some of my new Marion gear pics on The Raven soon. :whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I look forward to them, Canyon. :D Which Marion gear are you going to do, though? The Cairo marketplace gear, the Tanis dig or the Raven?

Canyon

Violet Indy said:
I look forward to them, Canyon. :D Which Marion gear are you going to do, though? The Cairo marketplace gear, the Tanis dig or the Raven?

Violet, I have a very similar white dress as seen in the tent scene, a similar white dress seen in the balcony scene and have almost got a Cairo Street scene outfit together. ;)

IndyBuff

Excellent photos Violet! You obviously put a lot of work into that outfit and it certainly paid off. Well done!:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Canyon!:whip:
Thanks fatima!:whip:
Thanks Indy!:whip:

:eek: :D . Nice to know, that you think it looks pretty close to the original. And thanks, for saying that I look lovely, fatima...something I don't hear often...
Actually, Indy it didn't take much work. It's called shopping smart and cheaply!;) But that medallion was hard to put together, to be honest.

And like I said before Canyon, I look forward to seeing your Marion gear. I haven't seen anyone attempt the Cairo tent dress and the other dress she wears on Sallah's balcony, so it'll be a first. I've got a similar top to the Cairo street gear, but it's short sleeved and I don't have the red pants to go with it.

Gustav

Pretty cool stuff. I wish girls would dress like that more often. What did you make the medallion out of?

I like to dress like people from movies a lot and usually nobody recognizes who I'm supposed to be. One time I drew that face on a blank T-shirt that Jason Lee has on his shirt in Mallrats and walked around with it and one person noticed it. That's it. People need to watch more movies.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, Gustav. :whip: The medallion is made out of ssome pretty tuff gold foil craft paper. I actually put in design of the bird on it using a small screw and a pen to make it appear to pop out and I also used a gem bead from my bead collection and fit it in as the eye of the bird. I've also put in the markings of the medallion on it as well.
What's strange though is the costume is my fashion sense, and I have worn the shirt, with the belt and pants (minus the medallion and tie) to film school. And no one at Supanova realised I was dressed as Marion so I know how you feel. I love to dress similar to favourites from various movies. I've also got the same dress as Mei Ying from Emperor's Tomb but it's a red-pink colour.