Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Medium strict

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Very strict

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indyologist

As a father, do you think Indy would be a soft touch or would he be strict?

As a soft touch, he'd let the kid have more freedom to do what s/he'd want to do. If he were strict, he'd keep a closer eye on the kid and have more of a say in what they do or don't do.

How soft a soft touch do you think he'd be? How strict would he be?

NoCamels

I think he would be a medium softy. I think he really does like kids- he hangs out with Short Round, after all- but obviously he can really be a tough guy if needed.

Actually, just look at his interactions with all the kids in Temple of Doom. He's definetly got a soft spot under that tough guy exterior.

|ZiR|

Medium-strict.

We've seen he has a soft spot for kids (Temple of Doom), but I bet he would have a hard time expressing his affection openly towards his son. Small wonder, considering his own childhood.

He wouldn't be distant just... I think he'd have difficulty telling them he how much he loves them. To their faces, at least.

Though on the flipside, I can see him leaving little to no allowence for poor grades or failure in general. Having Indiana Jones as a father -- that's a lot to live up to!

otto rahn

|ZiR| said:
Medium-strict.

We've seen he has a soft spot for kids (Temple of Doom), but I bet he would have a hard time expressing his affection openly towards his son. Small wonder, considering his own childhood.

He wouldn't be distant just... I think he'd have difficulty telling them he how much he loves them. To their faces, at least.

Though on the flipside, I can see him leaving little to no allowence for poor grades or failure in general. Having Indiana Jones as a father -- that's a lot to live up to!
I think that that sounds good. Soft but with high standards. I think he'd be indulgent,especially with anything that the child showed an interest in, but would expect their best eforts in everything they do. Might well be less "distant" than his own dad was with him (when he was at home that is !)

kongisking

I think Dr. Jones would be rather confused and guilty about his new father status...if Shia really does turn out to be his son, Indy would feel really bad about not being there for his kid when younger. Also, he would try to make up for his absense (in an attempt to not follow the ignorant example of his own father) by being as nice and accepting towards his kid as possible, which would make Indy Jr. feel overly important and would be annoyed. Indy would definitely have trouble bonding with his son, under the surprise circumstances of the secret coming out in this movie. Yeah, I think Indy would try too hard to be nice to his kid in an attempt to make up for not being there for Shia, and by film's end Jr. would eventually confess his true parentage...the son of Marion and Mack!!! :rolleyes: ;) :D

No, honestly, I think that would be a great twist to end the movie. Maybe Marion had conceived kid Indy all those years ago, and in order to protect Mack from Indy (who would surely be jealous of Marion being together with his partner), she lies and says that Shia is Indy's son. This would stay secret until the very end, and this revelation would make for a cool, funny twist ending! Think about it! It would also fix the problem of fans being insulted by a possible Indy-had-a-kid scenario.

sarah navarro

ClintonHammond said:
"What kind of dad would Indy be?"
Lousy
thats what id say

medium strict if he really was a good parent,i imagine him somewhat like his own dad and not realizing it until it was too late,irony is the twist;)

I Don Quixote

Indy wouldn't be a softy, but he wouldn't be super strict. So for me, he's in the middle.

I've imagined him with children of his own before. I started a thread about it. (I can't picture Indy as a Dad.)
I think he would love his own child, and care for them. He may be a bit distant, but in the end would always be there for them. He wouldn't want to let his children go off into the world without telling them what he knows and helping them along the way.

Goodeknight

Pretty cool dad, judging by his interaction with Short Round.

I mean, Shorty got to see the world. Got to drive a getaway car. I'm guessing Indy made him the blocks so his feet could reach the pedals. That's pretty thoughtful. He took him rafting. Took him camping in the jungle, where Shorty got to see wildlife and gamble. Indy let him play with the maharaja. And Shorty didn't get into much trouble when he burned Indy with a flaming torch, or when he set off the spike trap. Indy was pretty easy going about it all.