Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1

CasualJeff

Thanks for the reviews, guys. I had planned on skipping this one...but for some reason got a little more excited once I read that interview with the writer. I think I will actually like this one more than the other Dark Horse Indy comics.

Stoo

Just got it today.:D Boy, is it ever tiny! I was expecting a full-size comic book but it's more like a paperback.

yodazone

Dust McAlan said:
That said, Indiana Jones Adventures, Vol. 2 will not be arriving soon enough, especially since it's nowhere in sight yet. Here's hoping that next week's Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods will be of the same quality, and whet our thirsts for more.

Score: 8/10

I just heard that comic writer, Mark Evanier (Groo, DNAgents, Blackhawk) is going to be writing some "Indy" stories for Volume 2 of the series. Trying to find out when it's going to be solicited.

I love how these books are 80 pages long. :whip:

"Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures" had the same "trade" format for 10 issues and was recently nominated for an Eisner Award!

(y)

CasualJeff

Mark Evanier will always be the Garfield guy to me. That's awesome to hear that he's working on Indy Adventures. I can't wait to see what kinds of stories he comes up with.

bennihana123

Have any of you who have it get it from Barnes and Noble? The closest comic shop to my house is 30 minutes away and Barnes and Noble says it doesn't come out until September... And I want it now!

EddyW

I just finished reading this, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! For just the 6.95 it's a pretty good read, the art is good and the story has a nice Indy feel to it. I recommend this if you are hungry for some new Indy stuff.

Btw, did you guys see the Dark Horse desktops at the DH site? I came across them by accident while looking for the preview pages for the adventures book : http://www.darkhorse.com/downloads.php?sku=15-020&dltype=desktop

bennihana123

I just got it last night. Overall it is very good, probably one of my favorite comic stories. A tad more action and it would have been perfect. 9/10

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I got it today and loved it! Story was great, best comic art for Indy out of the whole lot too! I'm so glad to see a well done drawing of Brody. Belloq looked awesome in cartoon character form. I could easily imagine an animated series with this style! :cool: (y)

YouNeverKnow

I loved this adventure! Easily my favorite of the comic series. Indy was young, eager, and egotistical and the find was far more archaeological than paranormal. It felt like the kind of adventure Indy would have in 1930. And the whole Marrakesh part felt so Indy. Nicely done. I look forward to more of these!

Avilos

How has everyone found this? My comic book shop is very small. Tends to foucs on Gaming more than comics. I all but certain they will not have it. I firguring I will need to order it from Amazon.

YouNeverKnow said:
the find was far more archaeological than paranormal.

This sounds great!!! After reading the Dark Horse Omnibuses I feel like FAR TOO
OFTEN writers feel Indy's adventures must have supernatural elements. I think the movies should be his rare encounters with the paranormal. Also I felt like the older DH comics fell into an all to predictable pattern.

JimmyPSHayes

Avilos said:
How has everyone found this? My comic book shop is very small. Tends to foucs on Gaming more than comics. I all but certain they will not have it. I firguring I will need to order it from Amazon.
As long as your comic store has an account with Diamond, they can order it. Just ask!

Pan Rado

YouNeverKnow said:
I loved this adventure!

It was quite good, wasn't it? Surprisingly so, if I say so myself. The only problem I had with it is that there was almost no third act.

Marrakesh sequence was fantastic, but hardly epic enough for a conclusion, and the ending proper was done away in, what, two pages? Three? It came too soon.

But other than that, it was very high-quality. Thumbs up!

HellofaSandwich

Yeah, this was a great little volume. I was expecting something "childish", but the tone and dialogue are very much in-line with the rest of Indy's comic book adventures, if not stronger. I'm hoping they release many more volumes of these in the months/years to come.

OhioJones

This was great!

Short (too short) but sweet.

I loved the storyline. Very Indy.

The art was great. Best of all the comics thus far.

Also, really cool to see Belloq and Marcus. Very well drawn and characterized.

All in all an awesome little volume.

Can't wait to get my hands on Tomb of the Gods. Wonder if it can compete.

DIrishB

OhioJones said:
This was great!

Short (too short) but sweet.

I loved the storyline. Very Indy.

The art was great. Best of all the comics thus far.

Also, really cool to see Belloq and Marcus. Very well drawn and characterized.

All in all an awesome little volume.

Can't wait to get my hands on Tomb of the Gods. Wonder if it can compete.

I actually preferred this story compared to Tomb of the Gods, though only the first issue of TotG is available, so maybe its unfair to compare at this point.

But the story was definitly in line with other Indy tales, very much echoing the Indy characters and adventures we came to love from the movies. Very worthy addition to the Indy mythos.

blueseattle

I loved this book. I'll buy each one, actually. I think the dialogue is great. It's just a tad rushed, it feels, but overall... very nice and I love the art.

DIrishB

Definitly hope we see more of these digest tales. Hopefully with the same author. For a quick Indy tale, he did a worthy job of capturing the Indy feel and formula. The art worked for the tale: simplistic, definite. I really enjoyed it.

Gobi-1

Indiana Jones Adventures and Tomb of the Gods were so pitch perfect they blow the previous Dark Horse comics out of the water. They perfectly capture the tone and spirit of the films. I like Adventures just a little bit more because of the artwork and the inclusion of Belloq.