How would Indy survive in the 21st century?

Canyon

The adventuring archaeologist blinked and could hardly begin to believe what he was seeing. He had seemed to stumble into some strange word, filled with, well, some of the strangest artefacts that he had ever seen...

So the qustion is, if Indy came across a time machine and was somehow transported into the 21st century, how would he react?

I'm very much interested in hearing your views and thoughts on this. Personally, I think it would take quite a while for our beloved hero to take it all in.

Indy: "What the heck is that?"
Canyon: "Indy, that's a video recorder."
Indy: (points) "And that?"
Canyon: "A DVD player."
Indy: "And that?"
Canyon: (sighs) "THAT is a CD player. Oh boy, I'm not even going to tell you about MP3's and Mini disc..."

grumpus

haha, yup, it would take a long long time for him to understand all of this, my family doesnt even know about some of this stuff, and they live here. woo im just gald im not the one teaching Indy this

Finn

Staff member
What I'd like to see is the man's reaction on the current world order. The sight might be something priceless once he gets to know that The Reich and Soviet Union don't exist anymore... and you don't any kind of papers whatever comes to mind in order to move between the majority of the European countries.

"The powers of darkness are finally gone, huh?"
"Yeah, they're all western democracies now... Germany and France, for example are being the dearest friends, Dr. Jones."
"Don't take me as a simpleton, fella! What is the world afraid of now, then?"
"The Arabs. Or at least some of them. And perhaps the Chinese. But they're developing towards an open market state too."
"What next, kid? You're telling me that South America is the leader when it comes to industrialism?"
"Not actually, they're still living by raising bananas."
"And the US of A? Still going strong?"
"Oh, you're going to <i>love</i> this..."

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I think if he saw all this? he'd become even more cynical? and would very much want to go home; back to his own time. :)

Finn

Staff member
Dr. Jones and the modern television:

"It's a TV."
"I know. I think I saw these in a world fair once. So you get them in colors nowadays..." *click* "...hmm, and obviously the stuff they send through there has changed too. It was all talking heads at my time."
"Pleases the eye, huh?"
"Back then, women didn't stretch their privates for all to see."
"Privates? Care to elaborate, Dr. Jones?"
"See here. Or have you got blunt already, kid?"
"Shopping TV... and that same abs device ad again... boring."
"You have ladies stretching themselves in skanky outfits and that's boring?"
"Man, can't wait 'til you see <i>Baywatch</i>... or the stuff they show past midnight."

fatima

I'm sure Indy would be surprised to find out so many new tecnologies and changes in History from when he came back! But he would not be shocked, since as he said to Willie, 'nothing shocks me, I'm a cientist' here it goes me and him in the 21th Century...

« Come I wanto to show you a computer »
« hmm looks like a tv »
«yep, but with this you can work and get fun at the same time»

Later on I'd explain to him internet and, I'd find the artifacts he got, etc....
I'm sure he would be fascinated...

Webley

He would go to Iraq and get all those museum artifact that were stolen at the start of the war.

I

Indy's_main_man

If Indy was around I think truth spinners like Michael Moore would be in trouble.

But out of all the changes in governemtn and such I think the hardest thing to explain to Indy would be the microwave.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Webley said:
He would go to Iraq and get all those museum artifact that were stolen at the start of the war.

Heck of an answer my boy, Heck of an answer.

Question is, who would he do it for? Which black market would pay him highest? :D

LostArkFan81

If Indy was faced with Muslim extremists in Iraq, he'd take his whip and slash those swords out of their hands before they could behead him.

Indyologist

Indy would be totally clueless as to computers, so I guess I'd have to tutor him with private lessons!! Can you say "Makeout session?" ARRRRROOOOOOO! ;)

I

Indy_Jones88

Renderking Fisk said:
I don't think Jones would be happy with either political party.

I think he would be laying out all the holy books and be pointing to verses saying: "Don't you guys get it... don't you understand what's going on?"

He would say "Dont you guys ever go to Sunday School" :D

I Don Quixote

THESE are the sort of questions I love. I would think Indy would have no idea what was going on. But I would love to explain everything to him, including my favorite show, The Simpsons and TV.

Indy: Why are they yellow?
Me: Well, it is a cartoon. That's like asking why Mickey Mouse can talk.
Indy: Oh.
Me: Yep. Now let me show you King of the Hill.

And I'd tell him a little about politics.

Me: And she said she could see Russia from her house. In Alaska.
Indy: That's not right. How stupid is this woman?
Me: Very. That's why I'm a Liberal.

Then, maybe, I'll tell him about my stupid generation.

Me: Most of us spend all our time on Facebook, or texting while we're with our boyfriends. Thankfully, I'm not one of those people. I wish I lived in a time where people acted more like the people from your time.
Indy: Then why don't you come back with me?
(At this point, I'd probably start blushing.)
Me: Okay.