Help with Emporer's Tomb!

indifan101

Okay guys I need some back up here! How the hell do beat the Kraken?:mad:
This level is driving me nuts! I must have died at least a hundred times!

IndyBuff

I'm not sure exactly what strategy you're using but this is normally how I beat it.

The Kraken is a bit tricky but with a little practice you'll be able to beat it. First, make sure that you grab one of the explosive charges from the shore and then swim underwater.

You'll have to let some of the small jellyfish (or whatever those things are) attach to you so you can swim in closer to the Kraken without getting blown away. As he begins to suck you in, swim toward one of the four pillars located in front of him and plant the explosive charge on them. Make sure to swim out of the way before it explodes and then repeat this process three more times until all four have been destroyed.

Like I said, it's pretty tricky but just keep trying and eventually you'll beat it.:)

Tennessee R

To get the pillars nearest the kraken, you must first go into aiming mode, and shoot his eye until he backs away. Make sure you are fairly close, cause he won't stay in for long. The minute he backs off, you must swim in, plant the explosives, and surface back at square one, picking up more spears, another charge, etc. Also, if you just pick up one bundle of arrows, seems to me I remember you can shoot 100 arrows, in succesion without reload??????

Anyway, it's a cinch with the right strategy. Each time you loose, change your strategy a little, and see if it helps. If so, use it next time, with all your other strategy, until you find the best way for you to beat it.

IndyBuff

Tennessee R said:
To get the pillars nearest the kraken, you must first go into aiming mode, and shoot his eye until he backs away. Make sure you are fairly close, cause he won't stay in for long. The minute he backs off, you must swim in, plant the explosives, and surface back at square one, picking up more spears, another charge, etc. Also, if you just pick up one bundle of arrows, seems to me I remember you can shoot 100 arrows, in succesion without reload??????

Anyway, it's a cinch with the right strategy. Each time you loose, change your strategy a little, and see if it helps. If so, use it next time, with all your other strategy, until you find the best way for you to beat it.

That's a much better technique than mine! I've heard people recommend shooting the eyes but that never seemed to work for me; I guess my aim is really bad.

Thanks for the tip. Now I'll have to go try that.;)

Katarn07

I had more difficulty on this level while replaying it than the first time through! I don't recall how long it took me to beat, but it did tick me off. I did it without the speargun too, though I did attempt to see if it'd help me out. I guess I didn't shoot it in the right spot or wasn't fast enough.

Now here's a question as to what was harder. This or Von Beck's Revenge? I gotta tell ya, after beating Von Beck's Revenge once (took me over an hour to master), it isn't that hard....

IndyBuff

Katarn07 said:
Now here's a question as to what was harder. This or Von Beck's Revenge? I gotta tell ya, after beating Von Beck's Revenge once (took me over an hour to master), it isn't that hard....

I'd say they're about equal for me, although I think Von Beck's Revenge is more fun but The Kraken level is a cooler concept.

Tennessee R

Definately VBR was harder for me.

I can't remember exactly, but if I recall, I had no trouble at all with the Kraken level. Probably got through the first few times.

Von Becks Revenge, I started one night, and tried for a while, but decided to sleep on it.

When I tried again fresh, still, it was difficult, but I just never thought that it was an incredibly hard level to beat.

And yes, nowadays, I sometimes use two charges at a time, but as for the first sucessful try, I think I probably did it one at a time.

indy_123

I think the hardest level is when you have too do those puzzle
on that clock:mad: Man the one with the scorpion and the sword its... mad:mad: it took me 4 hours to figure out! I wanted to kill my self...:dead: