TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #26
Major West
IndyFan

It can't be that forgettable people are still moaning about it ten years after it came out.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #27
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major West
It can't be that forgettable people are still moaning about it ten years after it came out.

Us, who are Indy diehards. I think it's pretty forgotten by your average moviegoer unless the subject of Indy comes up and most seem to think "Ugh that last one stunk."
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #28
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major West

By posting this in a forum explicitly dedicated to Crystal Skull discussion that has only been materially contributed to by the same handful of people for the last decade, I am not sure how well your point is being made.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #29
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I enjoyed KOTCS at release and I still enjoy it now. Sure, it's flawed in many places, but it's a film I can go back to and have fun with. The prequels have their moments but overall I still find them mediocre and dull to sit through. ROTS is probably the best but it still suffers from poor writing, bad acting, and over-indulgence, particularly near the end. Phantom Menace has a few great moments with a lot of nothing in-between, while AOTC is embarrassing, though I do like some of the world building that it introduced.

For me it's no contest. KOTCS still gives me reasons to come back, while the prequels only get viewed when my wife and I are having a Star Wars marathon. I've softened on them a bit over the years but I can't see them ever becoming favorites.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #30
avidfilmbuff
IndyFan

I definitely would compare it to the prequels in the sense that they are both unfairly maligned. I didn’t care too much for episodes 1 and 2, but they have their positive qualities they’re not terrible, just mediocre. Episode 3 on the other hand is a masterpiece and my second favorite Star Wars film, but I think the fact that it came right after 1 and 2 ruined its reputation a bit and is more likely to be derided as “one of the prequels” rather than be appreciated as a stand-alone film.

Both Episode 3 and Crystal Skull assured me that Lucas hadn’t lost his touch and could still create a great film. Unfortunately it seems that most don’t agree with me on that point.
avidfilmbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:42 AM   #31
Raiders112390
IndyFan

CS is like a thousand times better than every prequel. I look it as, if Raiders and LC are on par with Empire in quality, and TOD is ANH, CS is ROTJ: It is not, by any means, a bad movie; it's just a weaker entry. Raiders and LC are A+ and A-, TOD is B+, and CS is B-
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote