DK Ultimate Guide

Arab Swordsman

I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on here. The DK Ultimate Guide is scheduled to come out in mid-April but contains information from KOTCS. I really love the DK books and think this one is going to be awesome but I'm worried about spoiling Indy 4 by picking this up when it first comes out. I'm sure the KOTCS stuff is going to be spread out through the entire book (like a page or two about Marion) so I don't think you'd be able to pick it up and just not read the KOTCS. But, it's an Indy book and I'm dying to get it when it comes out. I don't think it will be possible to get it before seeing the movie and not spoiling it.

DK prints LOTS of copies of their books - I've never had any trouble in finding their guide and stickers books. Even Costco carries them!

But if you can't wait -- and need that rush from buying a new IJ item -- go for it! Then just don't read it until after you've seen the film :)

Arab Swordsman

I know I won't have a hard time finding a copy but I want to read the non Indy 4 stuff in the book without spoiling the new movie. I guess I'll have to show some restraint and wait until the 22nd to get the book. I don't want to ruin the movie.

kongisking

They won't have anywhere near enough info on KOTCS in the Ultimate Guide. Make no mistake, they'll lavishly go into detail on the trilogy, but the new movie is gonna get 1 or 2 pages of wimpy suggestive coverage, because the studio wants to keep all the good stuff secret. Remember the At World's End sections of the POTC Visual Guide? They completely short-shrifted that movie, after giving so much attention to the first 2!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Hell, the Maelstrom page was just a crappy painting with a dopey description to entice people to go see it (not that that isn't quite a bad thing...). Trust me, KOTCS will be just as skimmed over completely in the IJUG. No ending, no important details, no in-depth exploration, nada!!! ARGGGGGH!!! STUPID MERCHANDISING QUACKS!!! :mad:

Avilos

I think your wrong kongisking. The Guides to the Star Wars prequels covered each film in detail. All were released before the films. Also this new film was documented much more carefully than the earlier ones. With more pictures taken of the props and costumes as is normal nowadays.

kongisking

Avilos said:
I think your wrong kongisking. The Guides to the Star Wars prequels covered each film in detail. All were released before the films. Also this new film was documented much more carefully than the earlier ones. With more pictures taken of the props and costumes as is normal nowadays.

Yeah, I do admit they did one helluva great job on the Star Wars Ultimate Guide, but I was VERY dissapointed how Disney completely glossed over At World's End in the POTC Guide. I hope Paramount/Lucas Books don't do the same, for the sake of building impatience and curiosity. :eek:

TheLastCrusader

confused...

A question about "the ultimate guide". Is there a difference bitween the so called limited edition by DK or is that just the same version? :confused:

fixer79

TheLastCrusader said:
A question about "the ultimate guide". Is there a difference bitween the so called limited edition by DK or is that just the same version? :confused:

Here's yer answer:

collectors_guide.jpg

:)

deckard24

So how does one get the Ultimate Guide if it's a limited edition? Where can I order one besides what appears to be the standard version from play.com.?

Lon

I ordered mine through my local comic shop. Hopefully they'll get it since it's so limited.

Some pieces of my collection will be featured in the book.