DK Ultimate Guide

Stoo

TalonCard said:
Does Madam Curie give him a beaker in the book as well?
I don't know since I've never read it! :( (I highly doubt it, though. "Here, Henry. Have a beaker. I have more than enough.")

Stoo

Iandiana said:
Leeds, England? I live there and there's nothing to be proud of LOL.

Except Malcolm McDowell was also born here.
...and the greatest live album ever made was recorded at Leeds University on Feb. 14, 1970.;)

FETT1

Dk Ultimate Guide Found @ Costco..

...Found my copy @ COSTCO here in EDMONTON,ALBERTA... 15.99 plus tx...nice and cheap after seeing the 27.99 inner sleeve price...

fett1:whip:

deckard24

I picked mine up yesterday and flipped through it a bit last night. It's a really cool book, but it's heavy on the spoilers if you're trying to avoid them. The diagrams of the Chachapoyan temple, Pankot Palace, etc. are awesome!! They make the book in my opinon! (y)

DocWhiskey

Just picked it up an hour ago and I gotta say, this book is fantastic. SO many facts! And the time line is great.

James

deckard24 said:
The diagrams of the Chachapoyan temple, Pankot Palace, etc. are awesome!! They make the book in my opinon!

I loved the Canyon of the Crescent Moon diagram. The visual explanation for the "Word of God" was really cool.

Lao_Che

Hey I've only just noticed TheRaider.net is credited in the acknowledgements section in the back of the book.

So congratulations Gilles Verschuere and Jawad Mir. :hat: (y)

Perhilion

deckard24 said:
I picked mine up yesterday and flipped through it a bit last night. It's a really cool book, but it's heavy on the spoilers if you're trying to avoid them. The diagrams of the Chachapoyan temple, Pankot Palace, etc. are awesome!! They make the book in my opinon! (y)
I know, I love the diagrams. They're awesome!

Dr Jones

Yep, this IS a fantastic book and interesting read!

I was a bit edgy about spoling Indy IV, but reading the whole book I don't believe I have! Thankfully, there was things in the book that totally contradicted what I've read and seen about Indy IV, so really it's put me back in a poition not knowing what to take as bona-fide plot details and character traits!

Fantastic drawings and cross-sections (the booby-traps are quite remarkable!), and interesting timeline details (nice nod to Young Indy).

IMO, have a good read about the adventures of Indy et al, learn a lot of facts and interesting thoughts but fear not about spoling the story and secrets of Indy IV.

(y)

ultraman7k

I noticed in the timeline of Indy's life, he and Ms.Seymour survive the Titanic? When did this happen, was it in one of the Young Indy novels?

DocWhiskey

ultraman7k said:
I noticed in the timeline of Indy's life, he and Ms.Seymour survive the Titanic? When did this happen, was it in one of the Young Indy novels?

Wow, I didn't even notice that. Geez, Indy DID do everything.

Adamwankenobi

ultraman7k said:

That is from the book Young Indiana Jones and the Titanic Adventure.

But that would have made for one hell of an episode! :eek:

Junior Jones

Here's something interesting I noticed about the timeline. Young Indy goes to Transylvania in January 1918, and Istanbul in July 1918. Having recently watched Masks of Evil (which has Transylvania immediately following Istanbul) I thought perhaps James Luceno had reverted back to the original Young Indiana Jones Chronicles timeline, as opposed to the all-new re-edited Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. However, if I recall correctly, the Istanbul episode was originally set in September 1918. So who knows where these timeline dates are coming from.

ATMachine

Just noticed that in the timeline, Indy's mother's middle name is given as "Mary". I guess this is an attempt to reconcile Young Indy with the Grail Diary created for the Last Crusade adventure game, in which Indy's mom was called Mary since Lucas hadn't officially named her Anna yet.

Also, the spelling for Indy's middle name is "Walton," not "Walden".

TalonCard

ATMachine said:
Just noticed that in the timeline, Indy's mother's middle name is given as "Mary". I guess this is an attempt to reconcile Young Indy with the Grail Diary created for the Last Crusade adventure game, in which Indy's mom was called Mary since Lucas hadn't officially named her Anna yet.

I just love retcons for problems I didn't even know existed yet. :D You go, Luceno!

The timeline is a bit of a mess, though. I had hoped for a version that incorporated the new order of events from the DVD, but no dice. (When will we ever get that sorted out?) Plus the timeline contradicts the Lost Journal book to boot...on the upside, I noticed a few of the rare European books mentioned, and a few Marvel comics get a date asssigned, so that's nice.

Another note: what's all this about Indy's adventures with Jacob Kingston? Is that from the new game?

TC

Lao_Che

TalonCard said:
I just love retcons for problems I didn't even know existed yet. :D You go, Luceno!

The timeline is a bit of a mess, though. I had hoped for a version that incorporated the new order of events from the DVD, but no dice. (When will we ever get that sorted out?) Plus the timeline contradicts the Lost Journal book to boot...on the upside, I noticed a few of the rare European books mentioned, and a few Marvel comics get a date asssigned, so that's nice.

Another note: what's all this about Indy's adventures with Jacob Kingston? Is that from the new game?

TC

Yep. Jones' search is "for his former college professor, Charles Kingston". It's there on the video game page.

Maybe the new phase of Indiana Jones merch will bring about an Essential Chronology some day.