Funny True Story

Ska

I was reminiscing yesterday, and thought about this funny story that happened to me about 4 years ago. It's kinda long, but it's worth the read. I was still living at my parents' house...my room was in the basement that we finished.

Anyway, my parents had left to go on vacation to Las Vegas around 3am in a bad thunderstorm...leaving me with the house to myself (with 4 dogs). My alarm got me up at 5am to get up for work...which was a 1.5 hr drive each way. So I get up from bed, turn off the alarm, and start making my way upstairs. About halfway up the stairs I could hear water running...sounded like the shower was on in the bathroom...which was odd, since I was supposed to be the only one in the house.

So immediately I freak out. I yell, "Hello?! Is someone there?!" But no one replies. So (just in case) I run back downstairs to grab a golf club for self defense (like a Titleist is gonna stop some sick, perverted guy in our shower from raping me)...since we didn't own any guns...or at least I don't think we did.

Back upstairs, I quietly (Solid Snake stealth style) make my way to the bathroom. And, yes, the shower is on. I walk up the hall, right up to the bathroom door...which is shut...and LOCKED from the inside. I knock on the door...no reply. I look down to the floor to see if a light is on...it's not. Now why in the hell would the bathroom door be locked, with no lights on, and the shower on?

Well, after looking to see if the light was on, I happen to see that the floor is wet in the hallway...and then I see water beginning to come from the bathroom under the door. So now I'm really freaking out. I didn't know what to do...didn't know about the little key-thingy that opens locked doors from the outside...so I did what I've always wanted to do...

I took a few steps back from the door...and WHAM...with my right shoulder I put all my weight into the door...ripping it from the hinges and spashing into the water on the bathroom floor. I turn on the lights in the bathroom, and my jaw hit the ground.

I first saw a stream of water spraying from the toilet...hitting the ceiling...and running down the walls. Then I notice that I can see into the shower...which is weird because we have (had) a shower curtain over it...which was now ripped to shreads in the water on the floor. The shower is on full blast cold water...and one of my dogs is sitting in the shower...shaking in fear!

It turns out that the dog was scared to death of thunderstorms...and for some reason he felt secure sitting in the bathtub. But this time, the tub wasn't secure enough...so somehow he managed to not only shut the bathroom door...but, by the amount of scraping that he did to get out, also managed to turn the lock. In his frightened state, he bit through the flex tubing that supplies water to the toilet..causing the geyser. Then that scared him enough to jump into the bathtub, ripping down the shower curtain...which he felt needed chewed up.

And if that wasn't enough to fix before my parents came home, I had a door to hang!

:D

Beat that one, guys!

Canyon

SKAbatula, that's a great story. Thanks for sharing. :D

Indy34, I sincerely hope you're joking. :eek:

indy34

my friend was at a glider pilot camp and they were warning them about snakes getting into the cockpit while they were open. And one of the instructors told them about once when they he was at 10,000ft with one of the kids they felt something moving around his neck and so he thought it was a snake. strait away he told the kid to open the canopy he grabbed what ever it was and threw it out of the cockpit. when he threw it out he saw it was one of the instructors cat not a snake.:eek:

WillKill4Food

Awesome story Indy34!
Better than that other guy's who started this thread.
My dad, a pilot, was taxiing to the runway one day before takeoff and some idiot had left the luggage door open. A pile of luggage, golf clubs, and other junk left a breadcrumb trail behind him.
In that midst of all this, a small blond terrier had escaped it's cage in the luggage bin and jumped out of the bin.
It began running around the plane and my dad's copilot was the first to notice it. He screamed at my dad and the two swerved to miss the dog. He stopped the plane before it got to the runway and sent stewardesses to go get the dog. They chased it around the plane for half an hour until it ran up the passenger ramp and went back into the plane, looking for it's owners. But, it didn't find them because it was on the wrong flight to begin with.:D

The_Raiders

One time when I was a little kid my dad took the family to home depot to look for something he needed, well after walking so long I had to go to the bathroom, I was too little to go there myself so my dad took me, when we got into the bathroom there was, well let's say "chocolate" if any little ones read this, all over the stalls, walls, even on the ceiling :eek: It was the grosses bathroom i have ever had the misfortune to go into.

And another time when I was like 13, me and my sister and her boyfriend went to Lowes hardware store with my parents. We were tired of just walking around here and there so my sisters boyfriend told me to get on this big metal cart thing (it was big) and when I got on he started pushing down the isle, boy was i glad there was no one working there to see! Then we went into the garden section and and were like playing war, (we took plastic berrys off some plants if u got hit you were dead) it was fun, there are many more stories too many to list tho.. :)