Paramount Pictures and the mystery of the second trailer

Blue Jay

since the trailer premiered i have been at least five times at the movies, but have never seen the trailer on the big screen. :mad:

Legendary Times

Blue Jay said:
since the trailer premiered i have been at least five times at the movies, but have never seen the trailer on the big screen. :mad:

hmmm, that's interesting, here in the States the trailer can be seen right before Jumper (which is no longer in theaters here), the Spiderwick Chronicles, and Vantage Point.

Have those movies come out in Germany yet? Try go seeing those movies (if they're out!). I know that sometimes it can take months before a movie makes it to Europe.

So I wonder what other movies the Indy trailer can be attached to in Europe? I mean, they have to be showing it by now, no?

Btw, seeing the trailer on the big screen with surround sound, 5 rows from the screen... AWESOME! :D

Ska

Legendary Times said:
hmmm, that's interesting, here in the States the trailer can be seen right before Jumper (which is no longer in theaters here), the Spiderwick Chronicles, and Vantage Point.

Have those movies come out in Germany yet? Try go seeing those movies (if they're out!). I know that sometimes it can take months before a movie makes it to Europe.

So I wonder what other movies the Indy trailer can be attached to in Europe? I mean, they have to be showing it by now, no?

Btw, seeing the trailer on the big screen with surround sound, 5 rows from the screen... AWESOME! :D

I saw Vantage Point at a theater near Pittsburgh, PA...no Indy trailer.

Legendary Times

SKAbatula said:
I saw Vantage Point at a theater near Pittsburgh, PA...no Indy trailer.

So it's true then, it's a regional thing. We all saw the trailer with Spiderwick Chronicles. Then, Vantage Point opened, and here at the movie theater (where I saw VP) in San Diego County it showed the Indy trailer once again. I never saw the trailer with Jumper.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Blue Jay said:

Mmhh. I saw it in front of No Country For Old Men at a Cinestar.

Legendary Times

mr.wolf said:
:confused: what kinda theater was it AMC/Cinemark/Loews/etc.....?

Edwards and Krikorian Metroplex

torao said:
Mmhh. I saw it in front of No Country For Old Men at a Cinestar.

So Blue Jay, looks like you should go check out No Country For Old Men... personally, I say leave after you see the Indy trailer... but that's just my personal opinion...

Blue Jay

i have been to the cinestar twice last week and nothing...

i think nowadays movies hardly come out later in germany than in the US.

i think all the "big" movies have the same starting date, maybe a week here or there. even indy opens on may 22nd, too.

but i think this is totall different with trailers...

Jedinizar

Legendary Times said:
True. ...it was the Matrix Reloaded that started it all... before that it was a different story.

no Sir!! Matrix reloaded came out on May 2003... but it started all with star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones Released on May 16, 2002.

Dr.Sartorius

The marketing for this film needs to get on the ****ing ball. I never thought that one month before the release date all we would have is a bunch of Indiana Jones tie-in cereal.

I can't wait for the official site to update with Last Crusade in the Adventures section. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kongisking

Matt Holcomb said:
It's possible Paramount are making this marketing campaign up as they go...

"I'm goin' after that truck."

"How?!?"

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go..."

Sounds very much in the Indy spirit to me. Might not be a big Sign Of Imminent Doom as many like to think! ;)