Zombies!

Kingsley

What I have learned from the zombie movies is what I shouldn't do in case of a zombie invasion... one of the best parts of a zombie movie is when you see people there making bad choices!! Why are they so stupid?!! :D Thats part of the genre flavour, right?

What would Indy do if he has to deal with zombies?
He would run away fast!! That's the way to handle this things (y)

roundshort

Has anyone read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (yes it is Mel's Son!)?

A fun read! Highly recommended for all zombie enthusiasts!

Iandiana

Kingsley said:
What would Indy do if he has to deal with zombies?
He would run away fast!! That's the way to handle this things (y)

Apparently the Temple of Akator is guarded by the living dead... My guess is he'd use a shovel.

Michael24

roundshort said:
Has anyone read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (yes it is Mel's Son!)?

A fun read! Highly recommended for all zombie enthusiasts!

My brother's got that book, and yeah, it's pretty cool.

Didn't know Max was the son of Mel Brooks, though. Cool.)

Deckard

Iandiana said:
Apparently the Temple of Akator is guarded by the living dead... My guess is he'd use a shovel.

Nah, those guys are just wearing masks, tho I think you can use a shovel to fight the undead in Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb. Btw I like your avatar, never saw that one b4.

Also w/ where to go and what to use as a weapon, I guess it would depend on if the zombies could run or not. I think we as Humanity would be in alot of trouble w/ running zombies.

Iandiana

Deckard said:
Also w/ where to go and what to use as a weapon, I guess it would depend on if the zombies could run or not. I think we as Humanity would be in alot of trouble w/ running zombies.

Considering obesity levels are increasing and we are all becoming less active I'd say we'd be pretty screwed.

adventure_al

had this discussion at work a while ago, got very in depth. hahah.

decided we'd take a select few and lock ourselves in local shop.

plenty supplies and the location and inside it etc seemed quite safe.

weapon wise, as guns etc arent easily available in uk, it would have to be some sort of long pole. A hoe or somesort of homemade spear. Oh and petrol bombs.

Indy's brother

I'll pick up that kaiser blade that was a layin' there by the screen door, some folks calls it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade. it's just a long handle like a axe handle with a long blade on it that's shaped kind of like a banana. Sharp on one edge and dull on the other. It's what the highway boys use to cut down weeds and whatnot.

The Man said:
I'd buy Sarah Polley.

....aaaand one of those, too.

Montana Smith

I love zombies. Indy should have gone up against a company of undead German soldiers in at least one movie.

How much more suspense can you build than have an army of irrational and relentless zombies continually seeking you out?

For protection I think I'd go with a Heckler & Koch MP5 with a telescopic sight, and a second magazine taped on. You want to pick these things off from a safe distance, but you also want to be able to get them at close quarters if they happen to sneak up on you whilst you're focussed on the telescopic sight... :dead:

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
I love zombies. Indy should have gone up against a company of undead German soldiers in at least one movie.

How much more suspense can you build than have an army of irrational and relentless zombies continually seeking you out?

I have long fantasized about Indy vs Zombies on the big screen....a dark TOD-type follow up to KOTCS? I don't think the majority of fans would go for it, though. :mad: Leave the zombies out or at least in the background for the majority of the film. I would want the tension build up to a full-on assault of horror in the 3rd act!!! Go for shock instead of schlock! Also, I don't think GL or SS could deliver the undead goods (n)

Imagine the greatness of a TOD machete making a cameo!

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
I have long fantasized about Indy vs Zombies on the big screen....a dark TOD-type follow up to KOTCS? I don't think the majority of fans would go for it, though. :mad: Leave the zombies out or at least in the background for the majority of the film. I would want the tension build up to a full-on assault of horror in the 3rd act!!! Go for shock instead of schlock! Also, I don't think GL or SS could deliver the undead goods (n)

Imagine the greatness of a TOD machete making a cameo!

I would love to see that movie!

Indy meets zombies meets H.P. Lovecraft meets film noir (without Marion and Mutt in tow). Imagine zombies shambling through the dark forests of Maine, and Indy mowing down zombies in an aero-sled in arctic!

Mr Jones

My plan would be Hide in a Bank inside a Safe.
My weapons would be a Shotgun and a Axe,and I would have 5 (or more) Extra magazines.
and I would go alone cause Like the others said Someone always Screws up.
So That is Mr Jones Zombie Gameplan.

Just caught Romero's new Survival of the Dead on TV, and I have to say, it dropped the ball on a few really good ideas. The car driving zombie was f'in stupid.

Regarding where to go, a Gun shop in or near a Super WallMart/ Sporting Goods Store. (Tipping the hat to "Survival" I like the idea of a "Brinks Truck" but the Winnebago and it's toilet are precious).

Nothing like camping gear/ammo/sporting goods and food.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Zombies

Disneyland attraction "Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye" has been recreated by a modder in zombie first-person-shooter Left 4 Dead 2.

It's part of a modded map pack for the game. The map has been created with great detail.

Music and voices included...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DzypLQHok3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DzypLQHok3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

EgyptianPharaoh said:
I perfer mummies...(y)

To Hades with mummies.

Zombies are almost as interesting as Dracula.

You can take ANY Halloween costume and add "zombie" and it's instantly cool.

For instance: Boy George...flamin' that's for sure, but add "Zombie" - instantly cool.

Boy George Mummie....still, well...you know.

Boy George ZOMBIE - not a hate crime.

Montana Smith

EgyptianPharaoh said:
I perfer mummies...(y)

They're all the same once you get them unwrapped! ;)

Rocket Surgeon said:
Boy George ZOMBIE - not a hate crime

Yikes, Boy George was scary enough to begin with!

Zombies are more interesting:

toronto_zombie-walk_02.jpg

Nurhachi1991

Rocket Surgeon said:
Disneyland attraction "Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye" has been recreated by a modder in zombie first-person-shooter Left 4 Dead 2.

It's part of a modded map pack for the game. The map has been created with great detail.

Music and voices included...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DzypLQHok3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DzypLQHok3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Poor nick noone answered him ):