Secret de la Pyramide

indyclone25

pg18.jpg

DIrishB

pg14.jpg

Page 14)
Page 14 - Panel 1)
Indy: The first two registers represent divinities. Canopic jar and a solar boat with Kheops, perhaps?
The three others, placed underneath, show baboons and cobras. They are the symbols of the rising sun.
That?s to say, of the resurrection?On the sides, the writing is much more difficult.
Marya: What can we do? Do you think you?ll have time to decode the hieroglyphs?

pg15.jpg

Page 15)
Page 15 - Panel 1)
Indy: In a certain sense, yes?It?s written that the mummy of Kheops would be buried in a sarcophogus
in waiting for his passage. When Ka seperates from Khet, meaning, the divine spirit leaves the body,
the vital support disappears, then comes the death that brings on the freedom of his Ba, his soul?
It is written that the funeral procession is part of the house of life. Then the sarcophogus was
transported in a boat on the Nile, to the destination of?

Page 15 - Panel 2)
Marya: Yes?You look stupefied?
Indy: There?s what. It?s written that the mummy would have been transported to a place called
the City of Beyond, to be plunged into the waters of the River of Longevity..The boat, named Khefer,
descended into the ?Gallery of the Night?. It was the wise god Anubis who served as guide?

Page 15 - Panel 3)
Marya: Still anything else?
Indy: The magic words, when arriving at the door of the City of Beyond, were:
-?Open the door to me and be my guide!?
Ah! There, valuable information. Kheops would be buried in the Necropolis of Thebes.
In the south part, that which has never been explored?

Page 15 - Panel 4)
Indy: This initiating voyage was to lead Kheops to identification with the sky, with Ra, the supreme being!

Page 15 - Panel 5)
Indy: There, the place where Kheops and other pharaohs would be buried: The City of Beyond?
It?s rather precise?It would be found facing the funeral temple of Amenophis III!

pg16.jpg

Page 16)
Page 16 - Panel 1)
Indy: Help me. This section of the wall must find it?s original place. If not, all the pillagers will be on our trail!
Marya: You intend to leave on the search for the City of Beyond?

Page 16 - Panel 2)
Indy: Admittedly. This will be a discovery comparable to that of Howard Carter. And for him, what exposure!

Page 16 - Panel 3)
Marya: Seeing you this way, you interest me.

Page 16 - Panel 4)
Disembodied Voice: Everything is in place. Calmly return to the hotel!

Page 16 - Panel 5)
Indy: Let?s be careful. I believe that we were spied on!
Marya: You?re right?There was someone behind those stone blocks.

pg17.jpg

Page 17)
Page 17 - Panel 1)
Indy: Watch out, Marya!

Page 17 - Panel 2)
No Dialogue

Page 17 - Panel 3)
Marya: Help me, Indy!

Page 17 - Panel 4)
Indy: I?m coming, Marya!

Page 17 - Panel 5)
No Dialogue

Stoo

Page 18

Page 18)
Page 18 - Panel 2)
Marya: Indy, help me!

Page 18 - Panel 3)
Indy: Too late, friend!

Stoo

Page 19

Page 19)
Page 19 - Panel 1)
Indy: I need to find Marya...

Page 19 - Panel 2)
Indy: Who were those guys who attacked us?

Page 19 - Panel 3)
Indy: Nothing. Always nothing!

Stoo

Page 20

Page 20)
Page 20 - Panel 1)
Von Kraft: Ach. Here we are face to face, Doctor Jones. I was sure this charming person would allow us to
find you without effort. Permit me to introduce myself: Doctor Karl Von Kraft of the University of Heidelberg!

Page 20 - Panel 2)
Von Kraft: I have been on your trail since Ibrahim?s antiquity store...What have you discovered, Doctor Jones,
within Kheops? pyramid after reading Pr. Mortimer?s notes? You found them well? I?m anxious to listen to you!

Page 20 - Panel 3)
Indy: You?re going to be disappointed. We didn?t discover anything. A visit, as can be done like the millions of
tourists who pass through Giza.

Page 20 - Panel 4)
Von Kraft: Let?s go, Doctor Jones. I know you?ve found Pr. Mortimer?s notes?Therefore, in the middle of the night,
you descended to the heart of the pyramid. I am certain you?ve discovered its secret.
Indy: Sorry to disappoint you, Doctor Von Kraft! Indeed, we went within the pyramid and we returned back to
square one. Nothing! Another kooky theory that will soon be added to the others. Totally kooky!

Page 20 - Panel 5)
Von Kraft: I don?t believe you, Doc! Dig it up!

Stoo

Page 21

Page 21)
Page 21 - Panel 1)
Von Kraft: Ah! Here are some interesting things?

Page 21 - Panel 2)
Von Kraft: Tuefel! (?Devil!? in German)

Page 21 - Panel 4)
Indy: The horses, Marya?The horses, quick?

Page 21 - Panel 5)
Von Kraft: Tuefel, Doctor Jones. You?re going to make me pay for it!
Indy: Auf Wiedersehen, Doc! (?Goodbye, Doc!? in German)

Stoo

Page 22

Page 22)
Page 22 - Panel 1)
Von Kraft: Shoot them, bunch of morons!

Page 22 - Panel 2)
Indy: Marya, we don?t have time to lose? We must get to the foot of the Thebian Necropolis as soon as possible!
Marya: Yes, but let?s be wary of Von Kraft. This man will not lower arms. I?m sure that we?ll find him on our trail!

Page 22 - Panel 3)
Indy: You see, Marya, after a closer examination of my notes, I think that we?ll have evil to refer to us
among these square kilometers of sand.

Page 22 - Panel 4)
Indy: Marya, dear. Here we are on-site?At Luxor. I chose the ?Cataract?, one of the most beautiful hotels!
We?ll find each other in a few minutes?
Marya: Time to take shower.

Stoo

Page 23

Page 23)
Page 23 - Panel 1)
Indy: Here we are at the doors of the Necropolis of Thebes?Note, Marya, that these colossi are
the last vestiges of Amenophis? funeral monument. It was stuck behind these colossi?The problem:
This temple didn?t exist at the time of Kheops?Kheops. That?s the IVst dynasty?

Page 23 - Panel 2)
Indy: ?About 2500?2200?Whereas Amenophis, it?s the new empire, that?s to say 1580-1314.
So here, at the time of Kheops, there was but sand?Nothing but sand?

Page 23 - Panel 3)
Indy: Down there, it?s the Valley of the Kings, and more to the left, the small valley that you see,
the burial of the queens?

Page 23 - Panel 4)
Marya: Why do we find ourselves in these dunes?
Indy: You?re right, that seems difficult to me?According to the plan I sketched in the pyramid of Kheops,
the entrance of this city will be close to this rocky mass.

Stoo

We're half-way there...:D

DIrishB said:
Oh they are. The three of the French comic stories came out originally in France, then the first two were reprinted and available in Canada through Shell Gas Stations. I think most copies of the first two tales available are the Shell reprints. Hence the third comic (Indiana Jones et le Grimoire Maudit
/ Indiana Jones and the Cursed Book of Magic) is basically impossible to find nowadays, at least in the US.

Yeah, you definitly have the original version available in France. The reprint versions have different covers, with more bordering and less artwork. I think the Shell reprints came out around the mid 90's, like 1995-1997.
Since I was buying gas at Esso, it's no wonder I was oblivious of the Shell promo. Thanks for the info!!!:hat:
I was in the Indy Shop at Disneyland Paris a few months ago and there was no printed material at all.:(

DIrishB said:
My copy of the second (and first) volume should be to me in a few weeks, so I'll start posting scans then.
Rob Dangerous said:
I'll continue with scans of the third one when the first two are done (unless Junior Jones wants to do it).
If you guys are still willing to do this, I'm game. So far, this has been fun.:cool:
(It kind of resembles a cliff-hanger serial being played out chapter by chapter...)

Stoo

Page 24

Page 24)
Page 24 - Panel 1)
Indy: Here we are. According to Pr. Mortimer?s notes, we can?t be very far from this famous City of the Beyond!

Page 24 - Panel 2)
Indy: Marya, I believe that we can make our visit to this place a little later. A sandstorm is brewing?
Let?s try and find a place to protect ourselves?

Page 24 - Panel 3)
Marya: Down there?A fault.

Page 24 - Panel 4)
Indy: Excellent?Here, we risk less than outside. Let?s protect our horses from the sand. As for us, let?s do the same.

Page 24 - Panel 5)
Indy: The storm?Here it is?

Stoo

Page 25

Page 25)
Page 25 - Panel 1)
Indy: Let?s hope the sandstorm doesn?t last too long, Marya, because our hiding place doesn?t prove ideal?
Hide yourself well, the sand penetrates everywhere!

Stoo

Page 26

Page 26)
Page 26 - Panel 1)
Indy: Finally, it?s finished! How?s it going, Marya? Didn?t suffer much?
Marya: No, but I have sand in my hair, in my ears, a little everywhere.
It?s really unpleasant. Indy, look!

Page 26 - Panel 2)
Marya: Is it the entrance of the city, Indy?

Page 26 - Panel 3)
Indy: Easy does it. The storm is finished. Marya, you?re right?
This well resembles the entrance of an underground. Let?s go look!

Page 26 - Panel 4)
Indy: Come! There?s no danger!

Page 26 - Panel 5)
Indy: I?m going to light this torch and then we?ll start our expedition.
Let?s hope that we?re on the right track!