Bioshock

Jonesy9906753

Can anyone else on the Raven understand it's awesome-ness?

bioshock-intro-12.jpg

"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
It's a great gam I got the collector edition with the Big Daddy figure.

I heard the "drill" on alot of those were broke, and if it was reported to the devs. one could get a free artbook.

Deckard

"Rapture is coming back to life, even now, can't you hear the breath returning to her lungs, the shops reopening, the schools humming with the thoughts of young minds. My city will live. My city will flourish. And when it does, I shall use your tombstone for paving tile."

I played it on PC, great game. I also had the Big Daddy figure and the art book.

They are making a movie you know. Hopefully it will do justice to the game.

Jonesy9906753

and a sequel,Bioshock 2 due next year.
Hopefully it will be a prequel, i would like to see how it all began.....

Snakes

Deckard said:
They are making a movie you know. Hopefully it will do justice to the game.

I heard about that. Not sure it's such a great idea. Bioshock works amazingly well as a game but I don't really think it would make a good film.

Jonesy9906753

heres who i wish could play in the movie

jackaf8.png

Stellan Skarsgård
As Jack

andrewryanmb3.png

Willem Defoe
As Andrew Ryan

sandercohenmo4.png

Crispin Glover
As Sander Cohen

steinmanrx6.png

Christopher Walken
As Dr.Steinman

fontainext4.png

Jack Nicholson
As Frank Fontaine

peachwilkinspw3.png

Steve Buscemi
As Peach Wilkins

bridgettetennenbaumba3.png

Maggie Gyllenhaal
As Bridgette Tenenbaum

littlesistersik1.png

Abigail Breslin
As Little Sisters

splicerqd2.png

Robert Carlyle
As Splicer

femalesplicerdq8.png

Geena Davis
As Female Splicer​

Deckard

You played the game right, your essentially Andrew Ryan's son, why would the actor playing Jack be older then the actor playing Ryan???

Skarsgård, Dafoe and Glover just arent right in those roles.

And Nicolson is just way, way too old for Fontaine not to mention he'd never do a game based film.

Other then that it looks pretty good.

For Andrew Ryan, get a real Walt Dinsey/Mr. Rogers looking guy. Someone a bit more elegant looking then Dafoe. I would actually really like to see Tim Dalton take on the role of Andrew Ryan, :
hotfuzz22.jpg

"Would you kindly...eat this cookie...":

John Waters for Cohen is a no brainer :
john-waters.jpg

BTW Your Frank Fontaine pic from the game isn't what he really looks like, its the alias he uses on the radio picture to fool you, he is actually bald in his late 30s early 40s and has a mustache when we see him for who he is. The actor also as to be pretty ripped for when he starts splicing twoard the end which is why Willis seemed so perfect to me.

As for Fontaine, I say Bruce Willis or Jason Statham :
qoae-bruce-willis.jpg

JStatham.jpg

Malcom Mcdowell is PERFECT for Doc Steinman :
malcolmmcdowell460.jpg

and Finally Jack, Thomas Kretschmann from King Kong, hes not a big name but a damn good actor and would round the cast out nicely :
kingkong1.jpg

Btw this is going to have to be a 2 1/2 hour movie for it to really work. If you haven't played the game, the plot is terrific, nothing like just run around and shoot people, very deep and will make you care for the characters who are unique and very vibrant.

Last edited:

Gustav

I hope when they make the movie they realize they don't have to dumb it down for the audience like they did with Hitman. Just because we play video games doesn't mean we're idiots.

I saw a trailer for City of Ember which reminded me a lot of Bioshock. I'm looking forward to a lot of wide-angle shots of the cities in both movies. When I was playing Bioshock, sometimes I would just walk over to a window and look around at the city because it's so awesome. I want to live there.
coe_photo1.jpg

underwaterrapture.jpg

Last edited:

Jonesy9906753

Stellan Skarsgård
As Jack,because he's very damn much identical to jack

Martin Mull
As Andrew Ryan

Crispin Glover
As Sander Cohen

Christopher Walken
As Dr.Steinman

Jack Nicholson
As Frank Fontaine,picked him because of amazing
acting abilities and his voice,i dont see age as a problem

Steve Buscemi
As Peach Wilkins

Maggie Gyllenhaal
As Bridgette Tenenbaum

Abigail Breslin
As Little Sisters

Robert Carlyle
As Main Splicer​

HovitosKing

I just completed the BioShock add-on module from the PSN, which has three new challenges called "A Shocking Turn of Events," "The I in Team," and "Worlds of Hurt." It cost $9.99, which sucked, but I have to admit it's a pretty good way to get some additional play out of the original BioShock before the sequel hits shelves later this year. The final challenge, "Worlds of Hurt," is just flat-out hellacious. I'd recommend saving this one for last. Is it worth the $10? Yeah, especially if you're a hardcore BioShock fan. All in all it took me about 2 hours to complete all three challenges, plus each one has a set of trophies you can attain so you'll end up playing a few times per challenge.

The Drifter

Here is a ten minute video for Bioshock Infinite. Ken Levine is back for this one!
Also, is there anyway this thread can be renamed to encompass the whole Bioshock series of games? Sort of like how the Uncharted threads were merged, and renamed.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/snDNJdmSSHc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/snDNJdmSSHc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

HovitosKing

I just picked up BioShock 2 at GameStop for $8...have to say I really enjoyed it. Same basic stuff but I like the dual-wield plasmid/weapon dynamic. For $8 I can forgive a certain lack of innovation over the first, but Infinite just looks plain awesome. That one I plan to buy soon after release, assuming no major issues with the reviews. Good stuff.

russds

HovitosKing said:
...but Infinite just looks plain awesome. That one I plan to buy soon after release, assuming no major issues with the reviews. Good stuff.

Just curious if anyone else has played/finished Bioshock Infinite. I just did, and it's amazing. Makes me think of how solid of an entertainment venue games could become. The attention to detail, and overall immersive experience the game produces is nothing short of astounding.