The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones

Rhys135

51FUlheGCWL._SS500_.jpg

The adventures of Indiana Jones come to life with this fantastic interactive book - full of letters, lenticular images, heat sensitive ink and lots of other secrets to uncover!

Seems intresting. Anyone else intrested or read any other info?

DIrishB

Any links to where you discovered that?

Also, I wonder if it'll include any (or much) timeline referencing. Maybe help sway the debates over the films' placements a bit more one way or the other...or the other.

Crack that whip

DIrishB said:
Any links to where you discovered that?

Also, I wonder if it'll include any (or much) timeline referencing. Maybe help sway the debates over the films' placements a bit more one way or the other...or the other.

If nothing else, this can serve a critical role in helping to put out a set of publications assigning each movie's events to every possible time of year. There are twelve months in a year, after all; they're going to need at least a few more licensed titles out there in order to have official sources placing any given movie in all twelve of them...
:p

I love the photos on this cover, just like the ones in other tie ins, I mean, a photo of Indy and Marion tied to the lamp from Raiders... Nazi archiving? Or Indy with the Crystal skull, Must be a deleted scene, Indy: 'What is this thing?' Mutt' I dunno, but hold it there Daddio, what a shot' pulls out polaroid camera.

Like in the Lost Journal with the pic of Indy and Pancho Villa...

Icybro

Starwars.com indicates that the book is written from the perspective of Belloq and Belloq's son . . . Check it! Is this the first mention of Belloq's son? :confused:

Stoo

Thanks for the link, Icybro. The blurb also mentions that it will be a U.K.-only publication.

DIrishB

Stoo said:
Thanks for the link, Icybro. The blurb also mentions that it will be a U.K.-only publication.

:(

Uk only? Oh well...I can order off Amazon.uk just as easy as I can the US version.

Johnny Jones

For the first time, Indiana Jones' greatest adventures are revealed, as documented by his arch-rival, Rene Belloq and Belloq's son. Read the diaries of the embittered archaeologists as they follow Dr. Jones across the world on his search for some of history's most powerful lost artefacts -- The Ark of the Covenant, the Sankara Stones, the Holy Grail and the fabled Crystal Skull.
So Belloq and/or his son were following him during all the movies? Awesome and a half! That would explain where the pictures came from... but how'd they manage to never reveal themselves and at least try to take the artifacts?

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Yeah, but shipping across the pond can be pretty steep. :(

Don't I know it. I've been trying to fill in the holes in my collection which now are all the European books (German novels, French Young Indy novels, French comics), and have been paying a bundle for shipping. But its almost always worth it, being the Indy freak and completist that I am.

Saw this today In Forbidden planet,and I have to say I was very dissapointed, basically a rather short book with a puffy cover, nothing new, a couple of bank notes that pop out, a couple of really short sections on each of the characters/artefacts. Its basically the POV of Belloq for TOD and Raiders, apparantly he was following Indy in Doom, and convinced Lao Che to inconvenience our hero. Then after Raiders, the notes are by Belloqs son, having researched his fathers killer, and describes the events of Crusade, and sets out to Mexico to kill Indy - Crystal Skull, where he just misses him and leaks to the press that Indy has red influences. And that appears to be all the new information. Honestly, theres not really any new reproduction materials. Not great. I'm not gonna buy it.

Stoo

Thanks for the review, Jeremiah, but I'm going to buy it all the same. What are you doing in London?
I will be there this weekend and plan on making a stop at Forbidden Planet. Will you still be in the area?

Johnny Jones

Jeremiah Jones said:
Then after Raiders, the notes are by Belloqs son, having researched his fathers killer, and describes the events of Crusade, and sets out to Mexico to kill Indy - Crystal Skull, where he just misses him and leaks to the press that Indy has red influences.
It took him nineteen years to find a world-renowned archaeology professor? That's a little hard to swallow.:gun:

Its the one weekend I'm out of London I'm afraid, I'm up north filming a short World War one movie in the trench sets the BBC use. Its a small part, but it sounds like fun. The characters called Jones too. Though hes welsh.

Stoo

Just bought this book a few days ago so here's my review. Although aimed at a very young market, this is worth having
for it's fun factor alone. If you are one who appreciates graphics and diary-style publications (like "Lost Journal", etc.),
you will enjoy this product. For kids, it is an semi-eductional, tactile reading experience similar to those pop-up books
from the good 'ol days. There are plenty of "doors" and notes to open and flip through. Replica money bills that can be
pulled out are tucked away discreetly. On some pages it is difficult to determine what is "interactive" and what isn't.
You literally have to feel your way. Many of the die-cuts have been folded to simulate being squashed in an old scrapbook.
There are a few goofs and inconsistencies in the information but these are things that I've learned to expect in Indyland.
The book itself has an air-cushioned cover with a strong spine. It is 27 pages, measures 10.5" x 11" and costs £19.99

Highlights:
- A photo of all 5 Sankara Stones
- An envelope with removable replica of Eaton & Musgrove's telegram (different from Lost Journal)
- A flip-up photo of the German crate w/photo of the interior and the Ark
- A fold-out map of Cairo showing the location of Omar's garage and port of the Bantu Wind
- A 5-page, flip-through comic of the Utah 1912 adventure (drawn by young Indy himself!)
- A 7-page, flip through, mini Grail Diary.
- A flicker photo card of Donovan ageing!:dead:
- A photo of the fridge lying on its side w/flip-down door. Open the door and Indy comes popping out!
- A flip-up invitation to the wedding

Jeremiah Jones said:
Honestly, theres not really any new reproduction materials. Not great. I'm not gonna buy it.

Its the one weekend I'm out of London I'm afraid, I'm up north filming a short World War one movie in the trench sets the BBC use. Its a small part, but it sounds like fun. The characters called Jones too. Though hes welsh.
I can see why you passed since there's not much meat in the text but some Indy book collectors might get a kick out of it.
Too bad we missed each other. Oh, well, next time! Hope your shoot went well.;) (Re: your Jones character being Welsh.
There's a line from "Zulu" that I wish to quote but will spare everyone the off-topicness...)

DIrishB said:
There is indeed and "Raiders" is placed in the springtime again. Peru = February & Marshall/Nepal/Egypt = April.
(I knew that patch of snow was from spring thaw!) What is strange is the stingy amount of dates for "Crusade".

Crack that whip said:
If nothing else, this can serve a critical role in helping to put out a set of publications assigning each movie's events to every possible time of year. There are twelve months in a year, after all; they're going to need at least a few more licensed titles out there in order to have official sources placing any given movie in all twelve of them...
Ha ha!:D No go, here. "Raiders" is placed in the same time-frame as Ultimate Guide. Haven't checked the others yet...

walker

new book available: The Greatest Adventures

Hi everyone
As some have pointed out, there's a new IJ book available on amazon.uk entitled The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones. I just got my copy (the shipping was more expensive than the actual book). But I will say it was well worth it.

It's a large padded hardcover, 10.5 x 12 inches in size. It's divided into four sections, one for each film. Each section tells the story of the movie through IJ's personal notes, telegrams, airplane tickets, cards, maps, etc. I'm sure you've likely seen other books like this before. It's really pretty cool. Here's the link if you want to get yourself a copy:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Ad...r_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223079130&sr=1-15

walker

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Merged... because I get these books confused, especially when I don't own them.

I'd still love to see some scans of the inserts!

Stoo

I might put up a few more but figured this was enough for one post. Here's the back cover:

GreatestAdventures_Back_small.jpg

One of the spreads for "Raiders":

GreatestAdventures_Raiders_small.jpg

The mini Utah comic:

GreatestAdventures_UtahComic.jpg

The Donovan flicker card:

GreatestAdventures_Donovan_small.jpg

Everyone's favourite fridge:

GreatestAdventures_Fridge.jpg

...and, special for Violet, the wedding invitation. (What's funny is that the book also gives the same date for Indy & Mutt's departure for Peru!:rolleyes: )

GreatestAdventures_WeddingInvite.jpg