The Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Stoo! So she is called "Marion Williams" before she marries Indy. I guess she isn't going to be called Marion Ravenwood Jones then. ;) Though I do think that the invitation is quite plain but I suppose they were in a hurry. Same date as leaving for the Amazon.... sounds like a proofreader screwed up. In the Ultimate Guide, it places KOTCS in November, 1957. My only guess from that resource would be either they got married in Spring 1958 like in the Complete Making of (which they don't have in Australia, grrrrrr) or sometime in late November/ early December 1957. When I watched the film, I kind of interpreted as a quick rush wedding due to the simplicity of it and Indy not even wearing a tux or anything.

I find the fridge flip out hilarious though! :p Looks like a really fun book. I'll consider ordering it at least.

DIrishB

AAAaaarrrgggghhhh!!!

More conflicting dates for the movies!!!

My Indy-timeline-obsessed head is about to explode!!

Stoo

From the product description:
The adventures of Indiana Jones come to life with this fantastic interactive book - full of letters, lenticular images, heat sensitive ink and lots of other secrets to uncover!
"Heat sensitive ink"?:confused: Has anyone found this in the book? I must have missed it...

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
From the product description:
"Heat sensitive ink"?:confused: Has anyone found this in the book? I must have missed it...

I've searched and searched through the book. I thought at first it might have been a fading emblem on the Ark crate. However, I don't think the heat sensitive ink made it into the book. If it had I think it would have been advertized on the back cover, so that kids (and adults :eek: ) could actively search for the feature.

TheRealThor

What a cool find, I had never seen this before today! I think I'm actually going to see if I can still score a copy of this book, I'm liking the shots I've seen so far a lot.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures (2008)

This is a fun book, in the same vain has the Journal and Handbook. Recommended. Here's a preview for the non-converted...

Image00-2.jpg

image01-6.jpg

image02a.jpg

indyclone25

i picked up three last night , and if possible i will ge t a few more next week ---hahahaha !!! what can i say at the price i can't beat the deal!

Stoo

Way to go, Mark! I'm glad you finally got the book(s).:)
JuniorJones said:
This is a fun book, in the same vain has the Journal and Handbook. Recommended.
Too right, it's a very cool item. O.K. gang in the U.S., you heard if from Featofstrength and Indyclone, go hit your Borders bookstores and buy this!:whip:

indyclone25

cause i saw some of the books on ebay and they want 15 bucks for them , why pay that when you can pay 5 bucks , i'm just saying ---lol:D (y)

kongisking

Found it in a Half-Priced Bookstore, and now own it. I just couldn't resist getting another bit of memorabilia. As for the book itself, it's kinda cool...but is full of inaccuracies.

The Drifter

kongisking said:
Found it in a Half-Priced Bookstore, and now own it. I just couldn't resist getting another bit of memorabilia. As for the book itself, it's kinda cool...but is full of inaccuracies.

Can you tell us the inaccuracies in the book? I've read some in this very post, such as the wedding date being the date that Mutt and Indy left for Peru.
But, by looking at the photos provided by Stoo, this book seems intriguing to say the least.

Stoo

The Indy time-line is loaded with errors so who cares about the inaccuracies in this book? It's a cool item. Go buy it! Available now for a measly *5* bucks at your nearest Borders bookstore.:whip:

@kongisking: Congrats for finding it. Nice to see that this book has finally found it's way into the hands of North American fans.

Last edited:

The Drifter

Stoo said:
The Indy time-line is loaded with errors so who cares about the inaccuracies in this book? It's a cool item. Go buy it! Available now for a measly *5* bucks at your nearest Borders bookstore.:whip:

I plan to. Your photos sold me on it. It will be a great addition to my Indy book collection.

kongisking

Stoo said:

@kongisking: Congrats for finding it. Nice to see that this book has finally found it's way into the hands of North American fans.

Yeah, I basically saw it on the shelf, went "WHOA!", and snatched it. ;)

Ordered December 18

FROM INDEPENDENT U.S. AND CANADIAN SELLERS
Each item in this section ships direct from its seller.
When you order multiple items, some may ship separately.
They should arrive by Jan 4, 2011.​
38046314-1
Indiana Jones-the Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones Ships from AwesomeBooksUSA | Contact Seller $2.49

38046314-2
From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: the Best of the Lucasfilm Archives Ships from Books Squared | Contact Seller 0.99​
Subtotal $3.48
Shipping & Handling* 7.98
Total $11.46​

Arrived today!

Like the cover, wish there were more inserts. Should have had passports, OXLEY'S CODED LETTER, The Grail Tablet Rubbing, Spalko's File...

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Ordered December 18

Arrived today!

Like the cover, wish there were more inserts. Should have had passports, OXLEY'S CODED LETTER, The Grail Tablet Rubbing, Spalko's File...

I was a neat idea, but like a pop-up up book, it's all over too soon. Doesn't take long to go through, and it would have been nice to have more scale props.