Free Comic: Temple of Yearning

yodazone

A new Indiana Jones story will be included in the Dark Horse "Free Comic Book Day 2009" issue coming May 2nd!

Here's a pic of the issue's cover:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/16-...r-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-DH-All-Ages-Split-Issue

clonewarszf3.jpg

Coming to comic shops on May 2nd!

Trying to find the back cover to see if there's any Indy artwork featured on there...

:whip:

Last edited:

indyclone25

i had heard that there was gonna be a indy story in back of the star wars comic --- that will be a added bonus !

yodazone

Looks like the Free Comic Book day issue has been released early in the U.K.!

Here're the "Indy" credits for the issue from a fellow fan who picked up a copy:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning (6 pages)

"the story features Indiana Jones and his sidekick Bhakdi..."

story: Mark Evanier
art: Ethen Beavers
colors: Ronda Pattison
letters: Michael Heisler
---------------------------------------------------------------
UK fans, check your local shops!

(y) :whip:

Stoo

AWESOME!:D(y) This is FANTASTIC NEWS and I just have to say how indebted I am to yourself and Raider.net Master Gilles. If it weren't for you guys, this would have slipped right through my fingers.

So how exactly does this "Free Comic Book Day" work? Do comic books stores have a limited stack to give out on a first-come-first-serve basis for 1 day only? Am I going to have to call my local store back home and try to reserve one? (The one in town here doesn't deal with English comics. It's all Bandes-Dessinés.:()

@DIrish: Another title for the timeline!(y) (Great title, too!)

yodazone said:
Looks like the Free Comic Book day issue has been released early in the U.K.!

Here're the "Indy" credits for the issue from a fellow fan who picked up a copy:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning (6 pages)

"the story features Indiana Jones and his sidekick Bhakdi..."

story: Mark Evanier
art: Ethen Beavers
colors: Ronda Pattison
letters: Michael Heisler
---------------------------------------------------------------
UK fans, check your local shops!

(y) :whip:

I've posted the first page over at www.throwmetheidol.com

Stoo - it is supposed to be free (no purchase required) at participating comic shops... every shop has different rules as to how they give them out.

Stoo

Thanks, Les! You rock.(y) That looks really, really good. Guess I'm going to have to make a call to Capitaine Quebec. (Are you familiar with this store? Montreal's top comic shop for 30+ years.)

yodazone

throwmetheidol said:
I've posted the first page over at www.throwmetheidol.com

Stoo - it is supposed to be free (no purchase required) at participating comic shops... every shop has different rules as to how they give them out.

Wow, that's some great art. Thanks for posting that page, ThrowmetheIdol!

Yea Stoo, some comic shops will give them away for free on first Saturday of May (the weekend the Wolverine movie opens). Here's the FCBD shop locator to find one near your area:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/faqs.asp

If your shop sells out early, they all end up on ebay from other sellers anyway. Some copies are slowly started to appear there now.

I know I need to get 2 copies for me for those flip covers...

:whip:

Goonie

For those of you in Canada, I take it Chapters doesn't carry the Free Comic Book Day comic does it? We only have 1 comic book store here in Kelowna (that I know of) and I don't know if they'll carry it or not. Gonna have to check it out one of these days.

Nurhachi1991

Looks great! I just don't see why we need another damn Star Wars cover ):

But the Indy story looks great I can't wait.

DIrishB

Stoo said:
@DIrish: Another title for the timeline!(y) (Great title, too!)

Indeed. Its about time I make some updates. I guess I'll hold off till May or June so I can firmly place the upcoming YA Indy novels and the Staff of Kings video game.

Just found out my local comic shop isn't doing the FCBD thing this year, so looks like I'll have to pick this up on Ebay. :(

DIrishB

DIrishB said:
Indeed. Its about time I make some updates. I guess I'll hold off till May or June so I can firmly place the upcoming YA Indy novels and the Staff of Kings video game.

Just found out my local comic shop isn't doing the FCBD thing this year, so looks like I'll have to pick this up on Ebay. :(

I'm gonna try a few other comic shops in the next town over on FCBD (which is this Saturday I believe) to see if I can snag at least one copy of this. I'll also try to pick up some extras for fellow Raveners, but I'll post if I can get some extra copies.

lightsyder

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning

So, the flipside of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Free Comic Book Day comic has an Indiana Jones comic as well as a few others. It's in the adventures style and is six pages long. Haven't read it yet but I thought I would make a thread about. :D

lightsyder

lightsyder said:
So, the flipside of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Free Comic Book Day comic has an Indiana Jones comic as well as a few others. It's in the adventures style and is six pages long. Haven't read it yet but I thought I would make a thread about. :D

I guess I'm the only one that didn't know this was going to be in the free Star Wars comic? :confused: I guess I need to pay more attention...lol

yodazone

yea, I went to my comic shop and the owner received 200 copies early but is waiting until next week to give them out. A bunch of stores already got theirs early.