Whatcha playin? (Video games wise.)

Nurhachi1991

Dr Bones said:
If RDR is as good as it looks....one will be enough for a good while.

Very true! Every time the games been delayed I die a little inside haha. Where did you pre order it? Game stop is giving a deadly assassin perk and Best Buy has a war horse I believe

Dr Bones

Nurhachi1991 said:
Very true! Every time the games been delayed I die a little inside haha. Where did you pre order it? Game stop is giving a deadly assassin perk and Best Buy has a war horse I believe

Haven't yet. Might go with Game..in UK. deadly assassin perk.

Golden guns pack looks good though!

Last edited:

The Drifter

DocWhiskey said:
After downloading the new demo, I've rediscovered my old Splinter Cell games. They're still great. I'm a creepy perfectionist when it comes to those games. I redo everything constantly.

You and me both. I've played all of them too many times that I will admit. I just hate how the newest one will be on the 360 only.

Le Saboteur

I just (finally!) finished Brutal Legend after a few months of off and on playing. If you haven't picked it up, give it a look.

ophelia-and-the-bride-10122009-43.jpg

Montana Smith

DocWhiskey said:
After downloading the new demo, I've rediscovered my old Splinter Cell games. They're still great. I'm a creepy perfectionist when it comes to those games. I redo everything constantly.

I loved Splinter Cell, that was until my graphics card blew up while playing it. That was about two years ago, and my current computer doesn't have a decent graphics card. I miss the immersive world of that game.

When I had a decent computer I was wasting so much time and money on games. Now I'm limited to older games, like the Infernal Machine which I'm currently stuck in, in that wretched Aetherium.

For several levels the game was playing okay, without any simple or fatal black screen crashes. But not only is the Aetherium confusing, but it instigated one of those nasty black screen crashes, that you can only get out of by restarting the PC, which then reports that "Windows has recovered from a serious error", and mysteriously deletes all my cookies.

RedeemedChild

So far there is nothing for me to really play until NEXON America releases Dragon Nest in the United States. Unless I can befriend a Korean and ask him to create an account for me as I don't have a KSSN.

avidfilmbuff

I purchased Super Mario Galaxy 2 today, and I must say that it's a lot of fun. When it comes to platform games, nothing can beat Mario.

Le Saboteur

red-dead-redemption-preview.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
Red Dead Redemption......... Haven't slept in 2 days and missed my English final (y)

Did you earn your Red Dead Rockstar Trophy? I earned mine yesterday. Well, earlier today to be exact. I had picked up the game late Friday, and popped it in today. After fiddling around with the single-player game for about an hour

I was admiring the thunder storm rolling in from the mountains and some Level 40 cat shot me in the back. Fortunately, I respawned nearby and plugged 'im twice in the face, then once more a second go round. It was kind of satisfying taking down somebody that high on my very first foray into multi-player!

Despite the corny as hell title, the game's a winner. Rockstar San Diego really outdid themselves and it shows in every facet of the game. I was especially impressed with the day-to-night cycle and the weather effects, they're outstanding.

If you haven't given it a whirl yet, go for it.

Nurhachi1991

Yup. Its not hard to kill a lv 40 bro lol I was smoking ppl left and right at lv 1... take off auto aim and its a different story

Mr Jones

Aliens Vs Predator,Ive been playing Multiplayer and Story Mode,Ive currently beatin The Alien Story.

Lego Indiana Jones 2,Going to collect some Characters and Vehicles.
P.S Ive beatin Lego Indy 2 already :D

Le Saboteur

red-dead-redemption-20091113061103434_640w.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yup. Its not hard to kill a lv 40 bro lol I was smoking ppl left and right at lv 1... take off auto aim and its a different story

Auto aim? Perish the thought, man! I have it on Expert Aiming. I just had to remember to slow down -- watch for the muzzle flash, then the puff of smoke. The thing that's been more than a pain in the ass is trying to cut & herd horses!

I had just been given the lasso, ans spent (about) a good ten minutes attempting to lasso my first horse. The second one was much easier, but that big bay stallion was equally tough. Oh, and check this out: Well, read it anyway...

I was trotting back to Armadillo (sic) from Hanging Rock late one night when I saw this monster of a stallion running around the desert scrub. Wanting to try out my lassoing ability, I decided to give chase. It took another five minutes to even get the lasso on 'im, and then I lept off my horse and tried to approach it. As I started to get closer, the horse bolted and dragged me about twenty yards before Marston let go! After another five minutes, I managed to lasso it again only to have the same thing happen again! This horse is a beast, and I think all total I spent twenty-five minutes trying to lasso, get on its back, and ultimately break it!

I don't think I'll be trading in this horse anytime soon.

And why in the hell does the game have horses being purchased from the General Store?! That's what the livery stables are for!

Dr Bones

Red Dead does not disapoint but it has one major flaw for me.....it's so immersive and free roaming I just end up exploring, admirg the scenery or getting itno shootouts without actually achieving anything toward the single player! :D

Best game in a long time.

Le Saboteur

reddeadredemption_billwilliamson_640x360.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
we can start a Posse!

Maybe! I think I'll beat the single-player before venturing on-line again. Though, I did make it up to level eight the other day. I just wish the character outfitter was a little more robust; editing a few details here and there would be great.

Dr. Bones said:
..it's so immersive and free roaming I just end up exploring, admiring the scenery or getting itno shootouts without actually achieving anything toward the single player!

Agreed! I haven't played Grand Theft Auto (no longer interested) since Vice City, but this has been fantastic. I think I spent a good three hours wandering around Armadillo just checking things out, and today -- today, I spent two, yes, two real hours playing cards! I checked out my stats, and I have managed to complete 16.2% of the game after ten hours of playtime! That's nuts! It'll be interesting to see what those numbers when everything is completed.

Of the limited areas I've been to, I like Thieves Landing the best. Reminds me a lot of bayou country. But, as mentioned above, my favourite moment was when I broke through the treeline, and came to the edge of the rim where Armadillo is. While scanning the floor, it quite suddenly and briefly became illuminated, before plunging back into darkness. I glanced up, and there were some nasty storm clouds in the distance. And then I heard the thunder. I watched the storm clouds roll in for about ten minutes gradually getting louder with a greater frequency of lightening. When it did rain, it did so for about forty real minutes!

Did anybody catch the short film on Fox? I missed it. There's a special screening tomorrow (2 June) in New York City for those of you in the area. It'll also be premiering in the UK this Saturday. Hopefully they'll put it out on the 'net soon.

Read an interview with director John Hilcoat here.

Drop in on the Rockstar Warehouse for some really cool swag! Aren't these cards rad?

rockstarwarehouse_2108_14720114

Last edited:

Le Saboteur

reddeadredemption_marstonwanted_640x360.jpg

Nurhachi1991 said:
WTF! I've been wanting those cards soooooooo bad. They're sold out!!!

They must've sold out yesterday then! The last time I looked (late Monday), they claimed to still have stock. Fortunately it sounds like they're going to be getting more in some time soon, so we'll just have to wait. Too bad, though. I would've liked to have saved on the shipping costs! I'll be getting my t-shirts sometime next week (I think). I can pick up an extra set if I find out when they're restocked...

Here's something cool: I was exploring Rio Bravo as the sun was setting when I heard the telltale bark of a wolf. I saw one advancing out of the brush to my right, and drew my revolver. I had it dead to rights but didn't fire right away; instead, I held it on him, and the wolf actually froze in his tracks, hunkered down, and growled! It's like he recognized the gun! I think he was trying to draw my attention too, because I saw three more wolves appear from the brush!

The other fun thing: I was racing across Cholla Springs in a wagon with Seth in the back (if you've gotten that far, you know what I'm talking about!) and we were set upon by, like, five or six guys on horseback armed with firebombs and revolvers. One of them managed to get ahead of us, so I fixed on 'im with the Dead Eye ability and managed to "lock-on" to the firebomb in his hand. My other shot hit him in the leg, and knocked him out of the saddle! His leg was caught in the other stirrup, and his horse dragged him across the scrub on fire! It was great!

rdrdlc_coopcrew.jpg

Two more things: Rockstar has announced that they'll release a new title update sometime next week! It's supposed to address a number of the glitches found thus far, and the multi-player connectivity problems some have been experiencing. They're also going to release both Savvy Merchant & Expert Hunter costumes and there associated missions for free later this summer, as their way of saying 'thank you'!

Also coming later this month is the new "Outlaws to the End" mission pack! Rockstar has posted new screens today, in addition to the already published ones. Read up on what's being offered here. It sounds pretty cool. Well, at least until they release two solid single-player additions!

red_dead_redemption.jpg

Je deteste mountain lions.