Will there be more books?

IndyNovelsFan

Hi-
New to the board here, and I joined to keep abreast of any publishing news of new Indy books. I continue to peruse the edifferent literature, including the young adult novels and adult novels.

Does anyone know if "Army of the Dead" has sold well enough to warrant more books? Is Steve Parry working on another one? Will we ever see the MacGregor book mentioned in other threads here? And is the "Unknown Adventures" series adding new titles?

I for one hope we see more soon!

Glad to be here, and hope to get to know other fans of the novels!

Jack

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
IndyNovelsFan said:
Hi-
New to the board here, and I joined to keep abreast of any publishing news of new Indy books. I continue to peruse the edifferent literature, including the young adult novels and adult novels.

Does anyone know if "Army of the Dead" has sold well enough to warrant more books? Is Steve Parry working on another one? Will we ever see the MacGregor book mentioned in other threads here? And is the "Unknown Adventures" series adding new titles?

I for one hope we see more soon!

Glad to be here, and hope to get to know other fans of the novels!

Jack

Welcome to the Raven, fellow IndyNovelsfan! :p

To answer your question about MacGregor, unfortunately, the only (and yes, depressing) mention of his novelisation of the Staff of Kings video game, is that, it was cancelled. MacGregor did indeed finish the book and it was going to be published but was pulled the plug at the last minute because of the game's release dates being pushed and pushed. Quite a few of us weren't happy (I'm still not happy about it) and did sign an online petition to get the book published in one form or another. Needless to say, the petition was utterly useless.

I would love to see more novels come out, however I sure as hell hope (and many agree on this it seems) that Perry isn't writing the next one. It seems a bit bleak at the moment, as there doesn't seem to be any future plans for more novels (however if MacGregor was to return to writing Indy novels again, I'd be for it!).

Don't know if AotF sold enough. Fact is, it never even got released in Australia. I had to go to the USA to get it (I went on holiday there recently).

IndyNovelsFan

Thanks for your kind welcome- I know that most folks aren't liking Perry's twist on Indy, but it was nice to see something new in the store. I would love to read the MacGregor story... Crazy that it got cancelled the way it did. It will be a sought after story for some time to come-

I also just picked up the Marvel Omnibus' of "The Further Adventures". Although they are a little light on plot development (different in my opinion than the Dark Horse comics), they are fun to read.

I love reading Indy Adventures. He's the closest thing we have to Doc Savage, the 1930's pulp hero. I hope we continue to see new adventures.

kongisking

I sure as hell hope so. Those Scholastic paperback kids novels were great fun! And some more adult books would be cool too, I guess. ;)

indyclone25

Lego Indy said:
Good thought. I wonder how many copies Army of the Dead sold?
i tried looking for the info online and couldnt find it , i hope that they would release some more , especially the scholastic versions , which i thought were pretty darn good .

brainofj21

It's kind of crazy that there is not a regular Indy series of books being published every year like Star Wars. Seems that Lucas is just wasting a golden opportunity to make some money. There are far less popular series and properties that have tie in book series. They wouldn't have to release 6 every year just release maybe two or three a year. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Exulted Unicron

I think Lucas really dropped the ball by not relasing the Staff of Kings novel. It had been written and was ready to go, but it was denied publication. I personally would like to see that published, along with alot of other novels and books. But alas, we'll probably have to wait until next year's Raider's 30th for naything to probably happen

dontcallmejr

I Sent Del Ray an E-Mail

I recently sent an e-mail to Del Rey asking about whether they would publish anymore Indy books in the near future and if they might reconsider publishing Staff of Kings as an e-book through their official website (as they have done with many Star Wars (just check and see)) and this is the reply I got:
Hi David,
Thank you for your email and for your interest in Del Rey! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed Army of the Dead! Unfortunately there are currently no plans for another Indiana Jones book, but on the bright side, we are working very closely with Lucas Arts and we certainly might return to the franchise in the future. Thank you for the suggestion regarding the Staff of Kings; it has been forwarded on to the editor-in-chief. Have a nice Memorial Day weekend!

Best,
Mike
Team Del Rey

bennihana123

dontcallmejr said:
I recently sent an e-mail to Del Rey asking about whether they would publish anymore Indy books in the near future and if they might reconsider publishing Staff of Kings as an e-book through their official website (as they have done with many Star Wars (just check and see))
What address did you send it to because I can't find one on their site :eek:

I was thinking of doing the same

Johnny Jones

Thanks dontcallmejr, I think I'll shoot them an e-mail too! Their answer seems promising; I know it's a long way from "yes" but they easily could have shot it down right away as in the past.
On another note related to this thread, there are a couple more "DK Readers" coming out in December. Not what any of you had in mind I'm sure, but that's what there is so far. Significantly less financial risk for the powers that be, obviously.

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275782416&sr=1-4

and

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones...=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275782416&sr=1-5

Buy copies of both for everyone you know, so the powers realize we want more Indy! :whip:

bennihana123

Del Ray's Response:

Hi Ben,
There are currently no plans to release Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings in the ebook format, but you never know what will happen in the future.

Thanks,
Team Del Rey

Goonie

I hope there will be more books in the future. I'm starting to get near the end of the Bantam books. Currently finishing-up Dinosaur Eggs. Still haven't read Army of the Dead or the two Scholastic books or the novelizations of Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. Next up on my list to read are Hollow Earth and Secret of the Sphinx.

Lego Indy

Where can I find copies of the never used movie manuscripts? I want to read some and remember someone in The Raven had a link. Any help?

No news on Indy books

I really wish LF would translate the Holbeihn novels. There are enough of them to keep those of us wanting more books busy for awhile.

fenris

Unlike Star Wars, Indy's timeline is very limited. Writers can only go back so far before ToD and they'd have to do research on which dates are free to use for their novel. The writers can also go forward after WWII until before KOTCS.

Star Wars novels on the other hand can play around because the timeline is so vast; they can be a century to a millennia before or after the movies... they have more characters to write about; Han Solo, Clones, Sith Lords long gone, Skywalker, etc.

Indy simply has very limited options. Unlike Star Wars; where Han Solo and Princess Leia's offsprings have their own story, Indy only has Mutt! And who would want a Mutt Jones novel (or a movie)???