New Indy novels?

Lego Indy

I just finished reading Army of the Dead and loved it. Does anyone know if more adult-like Indy books will be out in 2010?

Crack that whip

We don't know that there'll never be. The idea there won't be in 2010 is a probably an informed supposition.

If there were any new novels coming out this year, we'd probably have heard about them by now. Beyond that, we have to look at the recent history of the novels for clues to the future. How well has Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead sold? The better it sells, the more incentive Lucasfilm and publishers have to put out new ones. If it sells poorly, it diminishes the incentives.

Lao_Che

Morning Bell said:
It's hard to say at this point. If Indy V becomes a reality I think the possibility will be much better.

Probably the last hope of a revival since there doesn't seem to be any news. Maybe there are plans for Raiders' 30th.

bennihana123

Seriously? They publish like 15 Star Wars novels a year and we had to wait 10 years for a new original Indy novel? I'm sure a few of the Star Wars authors would like to take a crack at Indiana Jones.

Indyologist

New Indy Novels?

Around the time KOTCS came out, I seemed to have heard somewhere that some new Indy novels were going to be written. Have any new novels been published since then? I don't want to miss anything... thanks.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
THREAD MERGED.

As for your question, Indyologist. I think the above posts can paint the picture for you.

The only hope that we had for another novel after AotD was the SoK novelisation. Needless to say, that didn't quite turn out as hoped. So it's back to fan-based works it seems. And it's the same story with DH line of comics. Nothing new since the two volume digests and the Tomb of the Gods story arc.

Henry W Jones

Indyologist said:
**Sigh** I'm so TIRED of Indyfans being given a backseat to Star Warts. We are important, too!

Although I am a SW fan and read the books, I like Indy better. Problem is SW is more marketable to younger viewers and has a endless lifespan since it takes place A long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away. Indy takes place in a version of our reality and is about Indiana Jones. And I know I don't want a reboot with another actor or worse a spin-off of Indy (Mutt Jones and the Movie That Sucked). Star Wars on the other hand has several main characters, tons of side characters and the environment and timeline is totally fictional. Ergo unlimited possibility for cash to keep flowing: books, action figures, video games, ect without having to reboot. I'd bet it's a profit thing more than anything. Hasbro Indy toys got canceled because they weren't selling while SW toys continue to bring in money so they continue to produce them. But it is sad because there are several years in Indy's life that could be covered in books and games.