which omnibus?

indyt

Hey guys. I have not bought any of the omnibus's, too much to pay. I guess I will get one off of amazon. Which do you guys think is the best one?

michael

There are the Indiana Jones Omnibus Volumes 1 and 2. These in my opinion have the better stories. Volume 1 includes Fate of Atlantis...if you're a fan.

But there are also the Indiana Jones Further Adventures Omnibus Volumes 1, 2 and 3. They contain the old Marvel stories, along with the Marvel adaptations from the films. Volume 1 has Raiders, Vol. 2 has Temple of Doom and Vol. 3 has Last Crusade.

If I had to buy only one, it would be Indiana Jones Omnibus Volume 1. But in the end, I say get 'em all!

And if you haven't yet...pick up this: http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Adventures-Philip-Gelatt/dp/1593079052/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288821149&sr=1-2

It's cheap in price and it steals the show for Indiana Jones comic releases from the past couple of years. Fantastic artwork as well, really slick stuff. There is also a Volume 2, which is alright, and well worth a purchase, but not as good as the first one.

Hope this helps!

IAdventurer01

I've only read Omnibus (Omnibi?) 1 & 2, and I have to say I thought 1 was a lot better. So, yeah, I agree with Michael.

Lance Quazar

Steer clear of the Dark Horse Omnibus #2. YECH!

"Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1" is outstanding!!!! Probably the best Indy comic ever.

However, I am reading the old Marvel Omnibus #2 and it's pretty terrific, too.

DoomTown

Hey Indyt, try the Amazon marketplace sellers. I was able to get all 5 Indy Omnibuses for VERY cheap (I got a Vol. 1 for about 5 bucks, INCLUDING shipping...).

As far as recommending one? Go with Volume 1...:hat:

Happy reading!

indyt

Thanks DT. Thats what I did. I ordered vol. 1 off of amazon. Cant wait to get it!

Captain Craig

I would like to get the Omnibus but do like the size reduced 'digest' format they are in. I wish Dark Horse would either make it a standard size or in a size like Marvel Comics does their Omnibi(?).