Strange comic I have, RotLA

I was going through my comic collection a couple of weeks ago so I could figure out all the Indy comics I need to finish my collection. I came upon a Raiders adaptation that's 64 pages long. That in and of itself is not so strange, except the one I have looks like part 1 and not the normal one. The only difference is that instead of the spiderman logo it has a barcode, and the price is $1.25.

Does anyone else have a version like this? And why is there no mention of it on the Raider? I'm guessing it got printed sometime in the run of the comics and not as the first version due to the price. I don't remember where I got it at. I'm pretty sure I've had it for 15-20 years.

Also, why did they kill off Toht in the car chase? They do that in the book as well, that never made any sense to me.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, Edward The Head. Cool name.

IAdventurer01

They kill Toht in the car chase? Cool.

Actually it doesn't really matter if he dies. By the time the chase is on, he no longer plays a part in the film, other than to die, of course. :p

indyclone25

what you have is the raiders of the lost ark special that combines all three indy single issues together in comic sized form , the comic barcode mean that you picked it up froma retail store or grocery store --- the comics that have a spidey logo were meant for the comicbook shops ---hope that helps

DIrishB

indyclone25 said:
what you have is the raiders of the lost ark special that combines all three indy single issues together in comic sized form , the comic barcode mean that you picked it up froma retail store or grocery store --- the comics that have a spidey logo were meant for the comicbook shops ---hope that helps

Hey Indyclone25, had a question for you in the French Indy comic "Secret de la Pyramid" thread about the timeline for the tale. Just wanted to point you toward it (I'm dying to know!)

Sorry to go a bit off topic.