Wilhelm Scream

whipem

I started noticing this in Star Wars and then in the Indy films (mainly because I'd watched the Star Wars trilogy relentlessly during my adolescence, so I picked it up in other films.

Michael24

The Wilhelm is great! My dad and I imitate it all the time. One time we were moving stuff in the garage and my dad lost his balance on the step ladder. He only fell one step or so, but after he regained his balance on the floor he chuckled and did the Wilhelm, and we both cracked up. :D

I think my dad once said he cracked up when he saw Star Wars in the theater and heard the Wilhelm (though he didn't know the name at the time) because he remembered it from some older westerns when he was a kid and hadn't heard it in years.

I love Ben Burtt's cameo in Return of the Jedi where he does his own Wilhelm imitation when Han knocks him over the railing. (y)

LostArk

When I watched the Star Wars trilogy I knew I had heard it before that. Did you notice a student in the library scene in KotCS imitated it?

Oh and I read the other day that Willie's full name, Wilhelmina, is a tribute to the Wilhelm Scream :D

indytim

We?ve All Heard it, The Wilhelm Scream: Video Games

http://kezins.com/2008/06/weve-all-heard-it-the-wilhelm-scream-video-games/1736

The faint yell you?ve heard in ALL 6 Star Wars films is the legendary scream called ?The Wilhelm Scream?. After playing Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid 4 and God of War I and II, I can confirm the infamous scream is also in video games. After reading up on the history of ?The Wilhelm Scream? it seems it has been used in 170 movies, 15 TV shows and 26 38 37 48 Video Games. That sound is so noticeable that when I hear it on any media, I?ll instantly look at my wife for confirmation. Then we both ask ?This movie has it too??

The Drifter

Me and my son make it a point to be on the look out for the Scream in everything we watch.
I watched Diary of A Wimpy Kid with him(Hey, I like the books) and he spotted out the Wilhelm Scream when the two kids are playing a video game.
We also found it while watching Norbit a few months ago.