Indy referense in Shrek 2

the hammer42

Is it a hint to Temple of doom?
When shrek, donky and the cat escape from the fairy's factory they slip under the door, wich is coming down.
The Cat looses his hat and can just grab it before the door fals shut.

I

Indy_Jones88

that would actually be a reference to Raiders. The beggining sequence in Raiders Indy has to grab his whip before the door comes down

I

Indy's_main_man

No, wasn'tr it his hat in the spike room in TOD? that probably fits more

Lightning

I think it was another reference to TOD when the giant vat of magic potion was tipped over just loke the Water in TOD. In the first Shrek I saw a TOD reference when the rope bridge breaks and they have to climb up it. (Plus there was a deleted Mine car scene)

Indy Canuck

The scene before the hat is all homage to Raiders...just a general Indy spoof I guess. It seems (like in Simpsons) that everytime they do that, they have the guy lose his hat, like in ToD.

Finn

Staff member
Indy Canuck said:
The scene before the hat is all homage to Raiders...just a general Indy spoof I guess. It seems (like in Simpsons) that everytime they do that, they have the guy lose his hat, like in ToD.
The bit about Simpsons reminded me of another obvious IJ spoof that serie had... going a bit of OT here, but anyway... (And nope, I'm not talking about the famous "Raiders" scene with Bart.)

<small>It's about Homer opening a beer can, that gets tossed off from his hand, flown out through window and he dives after it. Once outside, he looks around it for a bit until he thinks he sees the grabage handler guys tossing it to the back of their truck. He heads after it and gets into the back of it just when the handlers board their vehicle and yeah, you got it, turn on the masher. The truck then drives off and the rest of the family gather on the road, staring after it. It's then when badly mauled Homer appears behind them. They finally notice him and Marge jumps on his neck, claiming "We thought we'd lost you, Homie!" and Homer replies "So did I, ma'am." Then Marge lets go and Homer falls onto his rump... and the beer can he had been after rolls from offscreen and stops just before him.</small>

Anybody else remember this?