Ideas For New Indy Actor

IndyJoey

I think it would be possible... i mean, look at james bond, connery was the first, and the best, but there were more after him that were allright. Harrison will always be the best, but i think it might be possible to have another indy... it wont be the same... but it could work...

mikieson

Raiders112390 said:
I don't have to wait until you're dead because your opinion thankfully doesn't dictate reality.
So, what's the cap on a movie being too old? I mean, Raiders is 31 years old. By some standards, that's an old film. It certainly is "before my time"...But that doesn't stop it from being a good movie. Just because something is "old" doesn't automatically make it "blow" to use the word you used. By refusing to give movies that are "before your time" a chance, you'll be missing out on some of the best films of all time, like Casablanca, Rio Bravo, Sabrina, The Misfits, North by Northwest, It Happened One Night, The Wild One, etc.

When the majority vote on something like a film for 70 years, or for 40 years, I think the majority is on to something. Like the majority agree that Raiders is a classic.
Said I dont like older movies..Never said I havent watched them. Listen, you and i wont get anywhere. Its obvious..I dont have to have a new Indy actor, you do..I dont like older films that may or may not be critically acclaimed, you do...You say tomato I say TAmato..its life.

You want someone that likes old movies especially b&w movies? I'll bring my older sister into it..she would be a good conversationalist for you..:D .As for me I like singing in the rain,wizard of oz,grease,christmas carol,I like the Andy Griffith show,and maybe a couple other older movies..

IndyJoey said:
I think it would be possible... i mean, look at james bond, connery was the first, and the best, but there were more after him that were allright. Harrison will always be the best, but i think it might be possible to have another indy... it wont be the same... but it could work...

I know this is gonna blow your socks off and others here...BUT...I would accept Shai as the new Indy. Why? Well, I feel he has a good Indy vibe. He showed that to me in KOTCS. Im in the minority here on that, but its my opinion. AND why in the world would this be ok for me? HE played as Indys son. HE would just make more sense to me. More believable. AND that would go for anyone that would have played his son..It would just come off as "OK" for me to envision that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickiana

mikieson said:
I know this is gonna blow your socks off and others here...BUT...I would accept Shai as the new Indy.

You have knocked my socks off! You have suggested a replacement for Harrison. Praise the Lord and pass the sauce! Of course your suggestion cannot happen as Shia is now cast as Henry Jones III. This thread is asking for replacements of Indiana Jones, something Shia clearly cannot now do.

mikieson

mikieson said:
I know this is gonna blow your socks off and others here...BUT...I would accept Shai as the new Indy.

You have knocked my socks off! You have suggested a replacement for Harrison. Praise the Lord and pass the sauce! Of course your suggestion cannot happen as Shia is now cast as Henry Jones III. This thread is asking for replacements of Indiana Jones, something Shia clearly cannot now do.
I know he is HJ3..im saying HE carries on the legacy. He's young,and already part of the history now. He would be the obvious choice to carry the torch...THEN maybe in 50 years REBOOT and start over..

Mickiana

No to everything you suggest.(n) No Shia in any capacity in the Indyverse.:mad: And a reboot in under five years, PLEASE!!!(y) We're locking horns, aren't we?;)

mikieson

Mickiana said:
No to everything you suggest.(n) No Shia in any capacity in the Indyverse.:mad: And a reboot in under five years, PLEASE!!!(y) We're locking horns, aren't we?;)
I said reboot in 50 years..and shai is the obvious choice to carry the torch in my opinion..everyone has this hate for him for no reason..At least we know him as Indys son. At least he's already part of the Indy universe.AND he CAN act and I feel...IF...you want to do something NOW and soon with INDY "after Indy 5" He is the only real option.

AND something tells me if Indys son would have been someone else this idea would be accepted by many of the fans. The Shai hate is unbelievable..??

Mickiana

I don't hate Shia. I just don't want him to be the heir of the hat in any way or form. Perhaps you are right when you say if it had been someone else other than Shia then that person taking on the role (as son) in continuing adventures might be acceptable, except it totally depends on who that is. So, I am not picking on Shia only. He's an obvious choice I don't want. And I know you said 50 years. I will be dead in 50 years. I want more Indy flicks sooner than later. I'm 43 and my knees are sore now! In under 5 years, dagnabbit!

mikieson

Mickiana said:
I don't hate Shia. I just don't want him to be the heir of the hat in any way or form. Perhaps you are right when you say if it had been someone else other than Shia then that person taking on the role (as son) in continuing adventures might be acceptable, except it totally depends on who that is. So, I am not picking on Shia only. He's an obvious choice I don't want. And I know you said 50 years. I will be dead in 50 years. I want more Indy flicks sooner than later. I'm 43 and my knees are sore now! In under 5 years, dagnabbit!

lol..oh well, at least we "sort of" got on the same page...that having his son carry the legacy would be ok..so I did "give" a little..see, im not too bad of a guy now am I?..;)...(y)

Mickiana

Never thought you were bad, stubborn maybe... My scintillating logic seems to be dissolving your recalcitrance! :rolleyes:

mikieson

Montana Smith said:
So you really don't know what and who you're talking about.

That figures.

so you really are dramatic and pesky like a child?....figures..:gun:

why come in here starting something? especially over spelling mistakes? im not in school and dont plan on going back. and could care less about a spelling mistake anyways if i was in school..:whip:

Montana Smith

mikieson said:
so you really are dramatic and pesky like a child?....figures..:gun:

why come in here starting something? especially over spelling mistakes? im not in school and dont plan on going back. and could care less about a spelling mistake anyways if i was in school..:whip:

Pesky Mutt lovers. :p

mikieson

Montana Smith said:
Pesky Mutt lovers. :p
Dont take my reply to heart..Hard to come off as "messing around" online sometimes..not mad or heated up..was just some online humor..and yea, I do like Shia pretty well..I mean..MUTT..:D

Finn

Staff member
Mod note

Gang... as we've stated numerous times, The Raven has two official languages, English and Bad English. There's no need to pick on a member's spelling as long as you can understand the general message. I know it's hard to resist especially in cases when it does no favors to an argument that's shoddy as it is, but let's try and control the urge regardless.

In the end, it's the issues that should argue, keep that in mind.

Henry W Jones

Well I just watched Mosquito Coast last night and really watched Harrison in the film. He was great, the role was different. I feel Harrison is far from wooden on screen. He's not the greatest actor but he is good. And all actors for the most part have something that is them that tranfers from role to role. Harrison tends to pick similar style films (WHERE'S MY FAMILY!!!!!!) but I normally don't see Indy or Han when I watch him act in other films. Shia has no business continuing the series. Just because he played his son has no bearing on whether he should continue the series. I know tons of people who's parents aren't as cool as they are and vise versa. Most of the younger actors out now are way to prissy looking and don't have that gritty edge HF does. The only actor I have ever said "he would have made a good Indy" is Dennis Quiad but he isn't much younger than Ford these days and I thought that thought in the 80s.

Dr. Gonzo

mikieson said:
I know this is gonna blow your socks off and others here...BUT...I would accept [Shia] as the new Indy. Why? Well, I feel he has a good Indy vibe. He showed that to me in KOTCS.

mikieson said:
HE would just make more sense to me. More believable.

YELL.gif