Sideshow is releasing a limited edition print

ROB98374

Sideshow is releasing an exclusive Acme Archives print by Fabian Schlaga and Trevor Grove featuring Harrison Ford and is limited to 295 copies. Pre-orders begin Monday, June 27th at 10am!
I would have rather seen them release a new figure or environment, but I'm glad they are still supporting Indiana Jones.

1125x682_previewbanner_500393_ACMEIndyPrint_zps5opbs7xz.jpg

Major West

Looks like somebody modelled the pose in costume and Ford/Indys face was painted with it. Just getting that vibe as doesn't quite look like Fords body, and the trousers and shirt are the wrong colour). This happens a lot now, but it's a cool way to get something different to images we've all seen many times before.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Major West said:
Looks like somebody modelled the pose in costume and Ford/Indys face was painted with it. Just getting that vibe as doesn't quite look like Fords body, and the trousers and shirt are the wrong colour). This happens a lot now, but it's a cool way to get something different to images we've all seen many times before.

<I>Is</I> it a new pose? It looks awfully familiar somehow, but I'm largely coming up trumps when looking for a precedent.

Perhaps I have this in mind? (Far from an exact match, mind.)

c43.jpg

Major West

It' not a new pose. There's a B&W Raiders publicity still I think with Ford in that pose. Maybe wrong, but I've seen this done elsewhere quite recently, as I say it's a good way to get something slightly different to what everybody has seen before, and have new artwork.

No, I found the photo it's based from. The body is correct (but not the jacket, or face) in comparison to the photo. A different facial expression in the artwork compared to the still.

Not a criticism, just observing. It's nice to have different art.

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Major West said:
It' not a new pose. There's a B&W Raiders publicity still I think with Ford in that pose. Maybe wrong, but I've seen this done elsewhere quite recently, as I say it's a good way to get something slightly different to what everybody has seen before, and have new artwork.

No, I found the photo it's based from. The body is correct (but not the jacket, or face) in comparison to the photo. A different facial expression in the artwork compared to the still.

Did you manage to find the whole thing? This is all I found:

raiders_r620x413.jpg

Anyway, it's not all that different from what Struzan was doing on the novel covers, and the Dark House cover artists as well, frequently adapting publicity stills or stills from the films into the basis for new drawings. As a non-interested party, I don't see any problem with it.

atlantis4.jpg

mccoy3.jpg

c22.jpg

ROB98374

Sideshow describes it as a Temple of Doom art print. I hardly ever see any pictures of Indy with a jacket on in TOD. Maybe this is right after he caught the egg.

I thought the pose looked familiar also, so I checked my 6 plate collection, and one plate has a similar pose.
ADVENTURES-OF-INDIANA-JONES-THE-LAST_zps5ugbzfxe.jpg

TheFedora

Dr.Sartorius said:
So does anyone know who won this in their contest?

I was wondering that too, I saw their contest already had five hundred entries or so so Im not holding out a lot of hope.:(