Teaser Poster on official site

triklops

Sankara said:
As you all know: I've got many-many Indiana Jones-Poster. But this one looks very cheap.

I'm sad...

:(

I agree. Looks more like one of those Indy-book covers.

But I am happy to see him back in these clothes. At least he does not wear a jetpack or Kobe-Bryant Jersey to get some more kids to see the film :whip:

Sankara

The new poster is NOTHING against this one...

Indiana_Jones_and_the_Temple_of_Doom_PosterA.jpg

-Jones- said:
The teaser poster is fantastic. I don't know, why some people are complaining. This is sick :p.

I agree mostly. It's one of the few good things we've seen thus far. After the disappointment that was the first promo photos some weeks back, this poster is quite nice.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ResidentAlien said:
And note the "famous Indy logo" only came into being with Last Crusade. A little change ain't bad... especially since the logo's only ever been consistent in the expanded universe.
Umm no, the logo has been consistent since ToD. There have been a few variations in the colors and whether there is a dent in the I of Indiana or not, but otherwise the shape of the letters has always been the same. This poster breaks that tradition.

VP said:
Umm no, the logo has been consistent since ToD. There have been a few variations in the colors and whether there is a dent in the I of Indiana or not, but otherwise the shape of the letters has always been the same. This poster breaks that tradition.

No, in the movie itself, the letters are quite different. Go back and rewatch the movie, not just the poster. The posters for Temple had different lettering. They weren't settled on one until Crusade.

And besides, the second I varies from being in front of and behind the A in all the posters.

Echo22

It's just a teaser. The Last Crusade teaser poster was pretty basic, as well. I can definitley live with this one. What is interesting to me is that the site leaves room for more than just one additional poster. I'm sure Struzan is fast at work on what we will all remember as the main movie poster of the new movie - with characters and action all included. I'm just glad they asked him to do this one also. Goes along with tradition nicely. Plus, it gives us the first official look at the Crystal Skull. Interesting.

As for the logo.....Come to think of it, when Raiders came out it looked a little different also.
I want my money back.
;)

Major West said:
Agreed, it's sad and depressing to be honest.

The poster is brilliant, a Drew classic.:whip:

Wouldn't go quite so far as to call it a classic... but it is very good. And typically I'm the hyper-critical one. ;)

triklops

Lon said:
You guys are nuts with your minute complaining.

It's not complaining. It's discussing if we like it or not. I don't have to like everything I see just because it is Indy.
I am happy that we do have a teaser poster for Indy 4 TODAY. It's great that there's something to discuss.

ALtered it a little bit . My eyes like it a little better with the frame style :)

213l-b.jpg

Last edited:

deckard24

When I first saw it I thought it was a video game poster! It looks digital like work from photoshop, not acrylic paints and prismacolor pencils( Drew's staples). Indy looks cool... a little younger than I think he really looks, but I agree there's something off with this poster. Maybe it will grow on me, but right now I'm not blown away!

Sankara, you're right this one has nothing on the ToD teaser poster! I love Drew's work, but it's funny I prefer Amstel's Raiders poster and the ToD teaser (I can't recall who the artist is who painted it) to Drew's Indy paintings. My favorite Struzan Indy would have to be his ToD poster.

It's still a nice painting, but I'm just not that excited by it. Maybe when I have one on my wall, things will be different!

Major West

If it strayed from the formula, you'd all be complaining because of that. It's a no win situation with picky fans to be honest.

oki9Sedo

I think its really good. Its just the teaser poster anyway, the definitive poster is the one that counts. It'll be on the DVD cover and everything.

triklops

Major West said:
If it strayed from the formula, you'd all be complaining because of that. It's a no win situation with picky fans to be honest.

I don't see anyone being picky. It's just obvious that they could have put a little more love in it.