Teaser Poster on official site

A_True_Believer

scifiwolf said:
Anybody else notice the [alien?] face between the eye sockets of the flaming skull?

Not only that, the skull itself is not a human skull.

Notice the wide, narrow eye sockets and the complete lack of a nose. Could they be hinting at something? Hmmm.....

Miss_Jones

A_True_Believer said:
Not only that, the skull itself is not a human skull.

Notice the wide, narrow eye sockets and the complete lack of a nose. Could they be hinting at something? Hmmm.....

This is really a long shot but... that teeny tiny skull face between the big skull's eyes, reminds me of the spirits that come out of the Ark at the end of Raiders. I wonder...:confused:

Sankara

I'm still very sad that Drew Struzan disappoints us this time. It's a nice poster - but nothing great. I really love his work but this is... I don't know..

We all have to pray that the main poster becomes a masterpiece like his old Indy-Posters.

And, dear Drew, don't make Ford younger. You did this before on the main Crusade-Poster and the Pepsi-Poster. Please don't do this again. We want to see the same Ford on poster and the movie.

Thanks!!!

Gobi-1

LOVE the poster HATE the logo. They've already released a KotCS logo with the correct Indiana Jones Font.Why did they change it? The new logo looks like it came from mediocre fan art.

Hopefully they'll correct it before it shows up in theaters.

snake_surprise

Logo/font issue

I think the teaser poster is generally ok. Not incredible, not bad...but its Indiana Jones, so I will take what I can get.

However, I agree with the sentiment that the new logo is kinda blah. They way they have crowded the letters together (plus at slightly different angles) makes it seem too 'cartoony' to me. Yes, the general colorizing and the like is basically the same, but it looks like someone threw it together in a minute without checking to see if it was consistent with even the initial logo for this new movie, yet alone the other films.

scifiwolf said:
Anybody else notice the [alien?] face between the eye sockets of the flaming skull?

Yes. I mentioned that back on page 1...

I'm not sure what to take from it.... though it does look really alien. If that's the extent of alien creatures in the film; an old skull... I think I may be content. Better not be any gray big-headed guys shuffling about though.

scifiwolf

ResidentAlien said:
Yes. I mentioned that back on page 1...

I'm not sure what to take from it.... though it does look really alien. If that's the extent of alien creatures in the film; an old skull... I think I may be content. Better not be any gray big-headed guys shuffling about though.
Apparently you did...the more I read my textbooks today, the less I seem to be able to read, period.

:(

VP

Moderator Emeritus
00Kevin said:
all I can say is:

WOW!
WOW 00Kevin lives!
Indy's Fist said:
Heck, all the posters have a slightly different font.
Yeah, but this change is not slight. The letters are also in the wrong order, the ones on the left should be on top of the ones on the right and not vice versa.

Osceola

blueseattle said:
With the new 7' figure on the way, I'm all Indy-ed up.
7ft? Are you kidding? Where do you get a humongous statue like that from?

Citizen_Kane said:
And that's what I've been trying to say as well And that's also why I altered the official one and made this:
I was going to say, "You know they look almost exactly identical, right?", but obviously the answer would be "No." Open both in separate tabs/windows and flip back and forth. There's hardly any difference at all.

tnswman

scifiwolf said:
That's a HUGE improvement, Citizen_Kane. To those of you saying it's not that big a deal, I'm sorry, but I noticed the logo first thing, before I came over here to discuss it. It looks like a cheap version done in five minutes on Adobe Illustrator. If it's so noticable to EVERYONE, it should be changed.

YOU PEOPLE ARE SEARCHING FOR THINGS TO NITPICK!! WAY TO TURN THIS INTO A PLACE LIKE REBELSCUM OR AINT IT COOL NEWS!!

IT IS A LOGO!! MAYBE GEORGE LIKES IT BETTER THIS WAY!! WHO CARES??? ARE WE THE OFFICIAL LOGO MAKERS OF INDY 4??? DO WE OWN THE RIGHTS TO DO AS WE LIKE?

If you people start acting like trekkies or those stupid people that pick apart every little detail of every scene, then you are WASTING a totally good website.....The MOVIE LOOKS THE WAY IT DOES BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY THEY WANTED IT!!!

Why do some folks think they can do something better than the "Official version" ? THIS IS NOT FAN ART, THIS IS THE REAL POSTER!! SO, THAT'S THE REAL LOGO!!

Please STAY home from the movie since the Logo is "off"

GEEEZ!!