Teaser Trailer on Superbowl Sunday? Poof.

NileQT87

also, back in 1995 with the opening of the disneyland anaheim ride (indiana jones and the temple of the forbidden eye):

[url]http://www.indianajones.de/events/texte/disney.php#[/url] said:
For several months, National Rental Car commercials have featured scenes from the attraction. CBS television will air a special on the making of the ride in tandem with the final installment of the Indy trilogy, "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," on March 7, four days after the ride opens. Disney's Indiana Jones Adventure song and stunt presentation will be seen by more than 100 million viewers on ABC TV as the halftime show at the Super Bowl. Indiana Jones displays will grace the windows of Disney's 348 retail stores. Inside, customers will be able to purchase Indiana Jones items such as replicas of his famous hat. In the Western United States, Disney will produce a traveling Indiana Jones display and mini-stunt show that will stop at many of the malls where the stores are located, starting this month. Finally, the Disney Channel, the company's cable television outlet, will air several Indiana Jones Adventure programs.

this was out of disney's pocket, but it shows a precedent for indy at the superbowl.

MattJones

What I'm saying is: we know for SURE that the trailer is attached to Spiderwick Chronicles.

So, would it make sense that they show it at the Super Bowl AS WELL?

:confused:

notimeforlove

MattJones said:
What I'm saying is: we know for SURE that the trailer is attached to Spiderwick Chronicles.

So, would it make sense that they show it at the Super Bowl AS WELL?

:confused:

who says we know for sure? I recall that the statement about it releasing on the 14th wasn't official.

DaveTheHutt

Mutt Williams said:
Football only in America, but the rest of the world we call it rugby.

Now we don't. American footballers wear ridiculous body armour and helmets - rugby is played without and by REAL MEN! ;)

fixer79

Uh oh...
I reckon it's unwise to offend American Football...
Especially right before Superbowl...

Now you're gonna get it...

Rob67

DaveTheHutt said:
Now we don't. American footballers wear ridiculous body armour and helmets - rugby is played without and by REAL MEN! ;)

And doesn't have a fraction of the popularity....

DaveTheHutt

Rob67 said:
And doesn't have a fraction of the popularity....

Really? And what do you base that assumption on - the fact that you know little about it?

Last year 20 nations took part in the Rugby World Cup and during its 48-match course drew in an estimated global audience of 4bn - that's an average of 85m per match. Now assuming (reasonably) that the final will draw in more viewers than the earlier heats, I think we can safely say the the Rugby World Cup final had more viewers than the Superbowl is predicted to.

deckard24

DaveTheHutt said:
Really? And what do you base that assumption on - the fact that you know little about it?

Last year 20 nations took part in the Rugby World Cup and during its 48-match course drew in an estimated global audience of 4bn - that's an average of 85m per match. Now assuming (reasonably) that the final will draw in more viewers than the earlier heats, I think we can safely say the the Rugby World Cup final had more viewers than the Superbowl is predicted to.

I'm American, and I agree with you completely! Just take The 2006 World Cup of the original Football (or Soccer), that took in 5 Billion viewers worldwide. Yet here in the U.S., soccer is about as loved as tennis. It's kind of funny how in America, there is this narrow perception about what is popular outside of the country. My family lived in London for many years, so that's most likely why I'm more exposed to it. But still, I always get a laugh that in the U.S. we have the World Series, yet the teams are all based here in the States. I know the players come from all over the world, but the name would seem to be more aptly titled the U.S. MLB Championship, or something along those lines.

Oh yeah, I can't wait for this trailer!!

WhipItGood

I just hope the movie has as many exciting fight scenes as these seemingly innocuous board topics about the trailer, which turn into fights over the popularity of rugby vs. the NFL.

re: Brady's 4th bowl and INDY 4, I doubt Paramount would go to the extra added (and considerable) expense of co-marketing their spot with an NFL tie-in. IF we see a TV spot for the movie during the Bowl, it'll likely just be a straight commercial -- perhaps like a teaser would have been, but cut to 30 seconds. Though ponying up for an entire minute would be excellent.

I'm not holding my breath at this point, though.

rowerguy7

its more evidence than proof. it shows that there is a STRONG possibility that we might see something Indy related during the Super Bowl.

Dr. Indy Jones

Whats the one website that you can watch past Superbowl comm. ?

I think it also list what companys are advatising in this game as well. If we see Paramount listed, then we may have a teaser.

nzlc

DaveTheHutt said:

Yeah!!!RUGBY=REAL MEN!!!
ALL BLACKS!!!
I dont even think we get superbowl in new zealand

Mutt Williams

DaveTheHutt said:

You are correct!!! (y)

My point was, they always think that whatever they're doing, everybody else in the world will follow. ;)

Thank God that Indy is a worldwide event. I will even get to see it a day earlier than the Americans. :p

drjones

Iron Man AND Indiana Jones, I say. Maybe it is being kept a secret. Couple more days, and the teaser will be on. 'Super' cool. :cool: