Dioramas

hemble

Hi All

Just finished indy getting chased by the boulder in raiders when he gets the gold idol.

The dio base was very easy to do it is foam core built up to the desired shape and the boulder is a foam ball picked up at a hobby shopthey were both covered with a 2 part mix of plaster of paris and wood glue.

It was then painted with 4 different colour browns to get the desired colour for the ground work.The folage is from woodland scenics it was glued down and then painted diferent shades of greens and khaki.

Indy is from 3 differnet figures
1- body is from verlinden's US navy landing crew # 1864
2- the head is from verlinden's WW2 civilians #2016
3- the legs are from the bits box
4- the holster is from a german figure it has been slightly modified, the whip is just some string and the idol is a 1/72 figure just cut down and carved to the desired affect. The whole figure was then painted with arcylics and modellers paints.

Ron
bo6.JPG

bo7.JPG

bo1.JPG

bo3.JPG

bo9.JPG

hemble

Thanks Guys

Luisiana Jones - It took me almost a week to complete it the longest part was the painting that took me 2 days to get the desired colour.

Tennessee R -the total height is 5.5 inchs it does give the impression that it is higher does'nt it.

Ron

Very, very, very, very well done!
Most impressive indeed!

Please share any more dioramas that you have built!

hemble

thanks 007

I'll be doing a another INDY diorama when he's in the map after after my clubs model contest, that will be at the end of the month and then I'll start on the indy dio so hopefully in 4 weeks.

Ron

Last edited:

Sparrow

Wow, that looks great! The attention to detail all throughout really draws your eye in. And I like the way you did the boulder - the texture of it almost appears as if it's actually moving. Great job!

hemble

Hi All

007 - The map room is around 40% complete I'm just finishing off another 12 inch indy for a competition which will be finished on Sunday then restarting the map room.

Ron

Indyologist

Man, that is really awesome. You have amazing talent. **Sigh** wish I had THAT as a diarama when I going to grade school...

indifan101

After seeing a diarama like that I'm speechless! :D Hemble your talent is awsome. Could you help me with creating mine? I'm making a Star Wars scene and a Indiana Jones Egyptian tomb with Indy in the tomb room. I need some info on how to paint the walls! Where do you find your materials?

hemble

Hi indifan101

You can find the materials at any good hobby shop or do what I do and go to the craft shops you'll be surprised what you can there.

the walls for the tomb can be made out of foam or cardboard and then you can smear plaster of paris over that and once dry you can scribe the stone work and hieroglyphs into the paris.

For painting the walls give them a black under coat forst and once dry give a dry brush of flat earth and let dry and then a drybrush of a desert yellow or dak yellow till you get the desired colour.

If you need any other help I'll be more then happy to help.

Ron

indifan101

Thanks ron! Your display is so awsome! I'm trying to make something other than the trilogy! Thanks for your time to help me! :D

hemble

Indy And Gold Idol Dio 1/35

Hi All

Here is a small dio I have completed where indy is pouring sand onto the floor to get reay to take the idol, the whole thing isn't movie accurate but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

The indy figure is made up of different parts from the bits box and then painted with acrylics to get the desired colours.

The pedestal is made from marine foam and formed to the desired shape and then I got a modelling knife and inscribed the symbols.
The floor is 2 part plaster of apris and wood glue and smeared over the base and once semi dry I etched the floor into the plaster.
Once dry the abse and pedestal were painted with arcylics agin to the desired colours.

The idol is made from green stuff a 2 part modelling puddy from GW and then painted gold and the moss is brokenn up pieces of tree foilage from woodland scenics and a wash of tan was added to it. I added sand to indy to simulate him pouring it out.

Ron
idol5.JPG

idol6.JPG

idol7.JPG

idol8.JPG

idol12.JPG

Canyon

hemble, this is fantastic!

I always marvel at how people can do this sort of thing. Kudos. :D

One thing though. Would you be able to take a closer shot of Indy's face?