How much footage have you seen?

Canyon

When the Indiana Jones trilogy was released on DVD, I was thrilled as I saw some great footage from the making of three movies!!!

As I have been an Indy fan for quite some time I have not only been lucky enough to own a copy of The Making of Raiders, but I also have a documentary on tape which shows how many scenes from Last Crusade were filmed! The most interesting thing about these documentaries is each of them have a few cut scenes in each!

Has anyone seen these tapes/programmes?

Firstly, with regards to Raiders, there are several very interesting parts which show:
* Filming in La Rochelle and the submarine scene
* On location in Tunisia
* (Cairo street scenes AND the cut scene where Indy fights with the Arab Swordsman!!!)
* The kiss between Indy and Marion!!!
* A cut scene between Sallah and a German Soldier
* Scenes showing the tank chase sequence
* Marion and Indy tied up (with alternative dialogue) Hilarious!

Regarding Last Crusade:

* Indy stepping out of an elevator at Donovan's place (cut scene)
* The Portguese Coast
* Castle brunwald
* Tank chase sequence
* Indy and his father arriving at Iskenderun Train Station

I would be very much interested finding out if anyone else has seen these documentaries, or indeed any of this footage. ;)

LaoChe

Hey Canyon, what are the odds that you'd make a copy and send it my way? I'd buy the tape of course...

Canyon

LaoChe said:
Hey Canyon, what are the odds that you'd make a copy and send it my way? I'd buy the tape of course...

Believe me, I'd love to but there are a few problems. Firstly, I might get done for copyright, secondly I don't have two video recorders and thirdly, the tapes are Pal and not NTSC and may not play on your video recorder (if it is an NTSC format).

LaoChe

I work for an animation production company, so we always do NTSC to PAL conversions, so that's not a problem. But alas, sounds like you can't do it anyway. My loss!

Got Pi?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen all that footage. I wish I did though...I guess I'm going to have to look on eBay...

bungle92

This was a major let down for me with the dvd set. I really wish Lucasfilm gave us some more stuff like you guys mentioned, so we wouldn't have to scour the face of the earth for unused footage.

I

Indy's_main_man

True. The footage they did give was minimal as well as the interviews.

AND WHERE'S THE COMMENTARY!?

sorry. anyway, they really should compile all that footage on a collectable DVD of some sort.

Ska

Are you referring to:

Great Movie Stunts & the Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark

and

Great Adventurers & Their Quests: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

???

If you are, I also own them both and watch them just as much as the DVD Bonus Disk and the trilogy. Good stuff...

EDIT: I've tried copying them by hooking up two VCRs together, but a lot of Lucasfilm movies don't allow you to do so. The copies come out scrambled and unwatchable.

Ska

Last edited:

Ska

Got Pi? said:
Unfortunately, I haven't seen all that footage. I wish I did though...I guess I'm going to have to look on eBay...

BTW, that's where I bought them both. I had to buy LC to get the Great Adventurers & Their Quests free. Also, if you have a Hollywood Video near by, I believe they can order one for you to buy. Good luck on your search.

Ska

yea, it should definitely all be on the dvd release. im still let down by how little they included. im affraid that the star wars dvds will be even an even bigger let down.

btw:

Great Movie Stunts & the Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark

and

Great Adventurers & Their Quests: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

are both on ebay now.

Fedoraman

The reason they were not included? So that in a few years they could release the Ultimate Trilogy with all the good stuff that should have been inclued in the first release - that way papa lucas and uncle stevey can cash in TWICE.

We should all feel ripped off - don't get me wrong, I am glad we have the films on DVD now, but I am sooooooo tired of film companies pulling this crap just so they can make more $$$.

I

Indy's_main_man

I don't think it's Steve's way of thinking...but the kind of backhanded thing Georgy would do

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Please explain to me why when it comes down to Spielberg and Lucas? Lucas is always the bad guy?

I

Indy's_main_man

Because If Lucas weren't so controlling we'd already have a trailer for Indy 4

If Lucas wern't in charge the star wars pictures would have original thatrical cuts on DVD

If it weren't for Lucas there wouldn't be so many star wars plugs on the Indy DVDS

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's_main_man said:
Because If Lucas weren't so controlling we'd already have a trailer for Indy 4

You can't blame the delay of an entire movie on him alone.

Besides.. in case this is about the script-changes again?..just for the sake of argument; he might have had his reasons. Maybe even good reasons.

Indy's_main_man said:
If Lucas wern't in charge the star wars pictures would have original thatrical cuts on DVD

This has nothing to do with Spielberg or Indy.
This is Lucas his thing. If he wants to make changes in his own project; nobody can stop him.
Btw.. Didn't Spielberg make some changes in E.T.? People weren't all that happy about that either.

Indy's_main_man said:
If it weren't for Lucas there wouldn't be so many star wars plugs on the Indy DVDS

I'm not sure what you mean by this? My English lets me down now and then.

Don't get me wrong? I'm not pro-Lucas. But I'm not against him either.

I

Indy's_main_man

Spielberg taking the joke about a boy going as a terrorist for halloween was a smart move after 911.

The replacing the guns with walkie talkies was strange though...but spielberg figured they wouldn't chase kids with guns

and as for blaming lucas alone for the delays I just did. Everything was ready for greenlighting.

Mr Ford: Check

Mr Spielberg: check

Mr Lucas: BEEEEP

maybe if he was this particular about star wars, a movie which HE DIRECTED, I wouldn't mind.

Lucas is too controlling. period.

Oh and example of Star wars plugs include George's first lines on the "making of" documentary being about star wars and talking all about hoe these films didn't use as much special effects as star wars. that's not what we payed for.

did spielberg say "after the huge success of Jaws I decided that..."?

ps: what a lively thread :D