The Indy Cast

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
sww-167uk-00.jpg

The artwork was original used a the cover for Star Wars Weekly (UK) 167 to introduce the reprints of the Further Adventures. The art is by John Higgins, most known for coloring on The Watchmen and Killing Joke.

The art was reprinted as a poster for Indiana Jones Monthly (UK) issue 7.

If you want the high-res version of the poster PM me.

harvey

JuniorJones said:
sww-167uk-00.jpg

The artwork was original used a the cover for Star Wars Weekly (UK) 167 to introduce the reprints of the Further Adventures. The art is by John Higgins, most known for coloring on The Watchmen and Killing Joke.

The art was reprinted as a poster for Indiana Jones Monthly (UK) issue 7.

If you want the high-res version of the poster PM me.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

PM sent...and I'm on my way over to eBay! :hat:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Sharkey said:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/skkM2zPFPy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All it took was a single cry baby to elevate The Raven

Pointing out he's a shameless brown noser crosses a line? Wonders never cease!

You ARE Indy 5!:rolleyes:

This little subculture you fellows have got going really isn't my concern, and I give you a pretty wide latitude within the bounds of this thread, yourself included, if only because it's often hard to tell what you all consider harmless teasing and what goes beyond that. When I see our rules being quoted in a context where they rightfully apply, I step in. The charge is clear, Sharkey. Is it really worth belaboring?

harvey

Attila the Professor said:
This little subculture you fellows have got going really isn't my concern, and I give you a pretty wide latitude within the bounds of this thread, yourself included, if only because it's often hard to tell what you all consider harmless teasing and what goes beyond that. When I see our rules being quoted in a context where they rightfully apply, I step in. The charge is clear, Sharkey. Is it really worth belaboring?

The effort to keep things on track is greatly appreciated, Attila. But please don't include me in the "subculture". I want no part of those reindeer games. My responses are strictly defensive, not offensive.

Back on point, thanks again for the info Jr.! I'm hoping to track those UK issues down and mention them on the 'cast!

So much for the PM.

harvey said:
My responses are strictly defensive, not offensive.

Since I'm the only person in these parts names Pat, care to explain this post Big Toe?

harvey said:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VwT1kp0C3Ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tic Toc

Last edited:
RaiderMitch said:
and who says the fireworks end on the 4th of July as Rocket enters the fray...

Tried to handle Buford like a gentlemen but the PM went ignored, if Tannen wants it out in the street he's spread enough there to eat.:sick:

Not offensive...:rolleyes:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
harvey said:
The effort to keep things on track is greatly appreciated, Attila. But please don't include me in the "subculture".

I don't mean anything derogatory by it. I just mean that all you fellows have your names and your nicknames and your Raven names and, as a non-listener to the Cast, there are things that I don't know about it.

harvey said:
I want no part of those reindeer games. My responses are strictly defensive, not offensive.

That's useful information.

harvey

Attila the Professor said:
I don't mean anything derogatory by it. I just mean that all you fellows have your names and your nicknames and your Raven names and, as a non-listener to the Cast, there are things that I don't know about it.

No offense taken whatsoever. Just informational, as you noted. And I can only speak for myself, but the nickname is not accepted, just attributed.

I'm a big boy. I can take anything dished out. It just seemed to me that in this thread and many others, certain parties were flaunting the rules (to put it mildly). Glad to see the mods are on it. Constructive criticism is always welcome and adds to the quality of the content. Snarky asides and personal attacks only serve to inflate the egos of some...much to the detriment of others.

It will be nice to get back on topic. :)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
That's what happens when you do a podcast about a guy named after his dog. Or we are all schizoid. I'm headed that direction.

@Rocket/Pat/Springsteen autograph getter. Back to the Future references? Really? What's next Teen Wolf?

Sharkey

harvey said:
I'm a big boy. I can take anything dished out. It just seemed to me that in this thread and many others, certain parties were flaunting the rules (to put it mildly).
Sammy, who are you kidding besides yourself? Its funny how you can't take it. Good thing you're here to point the way for the Mods. What would the raven be without its resident wet blanket?

RaiderMitch said:
@Rocket/Pat/Springsteen autograph getter. Back to the Future references? Really? What's next Teen Wolf?

You got to speak to your audience in a language they understand...like this for instance:

Been all badlands since that incident on 57th street. Independence day, 4th of July, been nothing but Devils and Dust in the darkness on the edge of town but Bobby Jean's got your Book of Dreams and when Rosalita comes out tonight you'll be blinded by the light. You won't have to take the bus to 82nd street. I know it's been hard to be a saint in the city, but you keep up that New York City serenade and it'll all be Glory days before you know it. Don't worry about Wild Billy's circus story, we're almost past the tenth avenue freeze out. The river, well, all boats enjoy the rising.

Point blank, you're tougher than the rest, and I know you got a hungry heart...but don't fret, you'll see the promise land before the ghost of Tom Joad, it's just the price you pay. I'm goin down to Lucky Town, Atlantic City along Thunder Road, and if I don't end up a wreck on the highway, if I get back to my hometown, well it's just a matter of straight time and not a roll of the dice and you'll be queen of the supermarket again.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
RaiderMitch said:
It might be easier to get EMan#1 on eBay than me to find it in my boxes of 23,000+ comics - but I'll check around for it... and the XMen bit was Wolverine going to see Raiders and Cyclops asks how many times did he see it already... it was XMen 125 or so..

It seems your Indiana Jones memories are "Scrambled"!:D

Captain America 268.

CaptainAmerica268p03.jpg

CaptainAmerica268p04.jpg

Steve Rodgers needs to start a new thread...

harvey

Love those pages, Jr.! (y)

Tom Riddle (Adventures in Learning) posted those (and the cover - "Featuring Steve Rogers' REVIEW of a smash movie!") on our Further Facebook page a while back.

http://www.facebook.com/furtheradventuresofindianajones

I'd suggest you head over and enter the contest, but my guess is you already have the prizes. ;)

Marvel certainly had an interest in Raiders...too bad it didn't last. (n)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Mike Zeck and Jerry Ordway The artists on Cap and AllStar actually lived in the same town back in the 1980s (West Haven, CT) and would meet to talk over movies and their work at rival comic companies at a local pizza joint called Zuppardi's pizza. Harvey start digging around and maybe you can discover the truth on why Indy was dropped. Jim Shooter says it was sales or was it something else.....

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
You got to speak to your audience in a language they understand...like this for instance:

Been all badlands since that incident on 57th street. Independence day, 4th of July, been nothing but Devils and Dust in the darkness on the edge of town but Bobby Jean's got your Book of Dreams and when Rosalita comes out tonight you'll be blinded by the light. You won't have to take the bus to 82nd street. I know it's been hard to be a saint in the city, but you keep up that New York City serenade and it'll all be Glory days before you know it. Don't worry about Wild Billy's circus story, we're almost past the tenth avenue freeze out. The river, well, all boats enjoy the rising.

Point blank, you're tougher than the rest, and I know you got a hungry heart...but don't fret, you'll see the promise land before the ghost of Tom Joad, it's just the price you pay. I'm goin down to Lucky Town, Atlantic City along Thunder Road, and if I don't end up a wreck on the highway, if I get back to my hometown, well it's just a matter of straight time and not a roll of the dice and you'll be queen of the supermarket again.

good thing I didnt ask you for Clarence's autograph