The Indy Cast

harvey

JuniorJones said:
Keeping it all for Facebook! Prephaps I should keep these kinds of things to myself!!

Sharing is cool as you'll never know what will be unearthed.:D

Nice Hawkman post!

And hey, don't forget, I was the one that breathed life back into that Byrne thread with the Indy office piece! :p

And...I did give you credit on the FB page for the con sketches. Now that we'll soon be moving on to Gene Day and Denny O'Neil...what "Further" fodder have you got for me? I have the Wizard magazine piece on Day, btw.

Mitch - why should I dig, when I know the best digger in CT? ;)

It sounds like you know something...what do you know? And when did you know it? Gimme, gimme...!

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
harvey said:
It sounds like you know something...what do you know? And when did you know it? Gimme, gimme...!

Dont get greedy Harvey! No stories or dark secrets to tell.. though it is interesting to note that Indy was also being drawn by comic legend Steve Dikto for a bit as well... that guy's taciturn characteristics would put Byrne to shame .. he NEVER talks about any books he's done either. But Nowadays, Ordway lives about 5 miles from me... nicest guy in the world, he did our ComiCONN last year - and he has lots of stories.. and did his fair share of movie adaptations - notably the 1989 Batman film.. but Zeck moved away to Florida years ago. It was cool knowing that the guys who drew the Death of Superman (that was Ordway's idea for a long time) and Secret Wars lived in the same town as me... they even went to the same comic shop - and Zeck called me when I was looking into attending art school and we talked the best places to go for comic illustrating. In the end Indy suffered the same fate as ROM, Shogun Warriors, Godzilla -- it was expensive to get the licensed characters and if Marvel didn't see a dime in profit -- they were canned!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 133 is here!

188273_10150284090289489_368306729488_7543655_7050819_n.jpg

Mitch speaks to the creators of the new SyFy series Mercury Men, Chris Macht drops by to talk adventures in Indyland, more Comic Con Indy collectible news plus a chance to buy some vintage Indy memorabilia!

You can listen to the episode here or visit www.theindycast.com

harvey

Great job as usual, guys. Mitch - thanks for hyping Mercury Men. Glad I didn't miss these.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the episodes on their own merits, but the fact that I now know the creators make liberal use of the pronoun "yinz"...makes it that much better. (y)

harvey

Further Adventures on the IndyCast

Just recorded an interview with Further Adventures #3 co-penciller, Richard Howell! We talk Marvel, Gene Day, Gatling guns, vampires, the Flannelled One, Crystal Skull, and more! Stay tuned to the IndyCast for comic booky goodness! And be sure to check out Richard's website at:

www.claypoolcomics.com (y)

indycast

IndyCast Special #5 - John Williams' Summer Blockbusters!

Ron the Reviewer and Young Indy Assistant sound editor Laird Malamed are back with another look at the blockbuster music of maestro John Williams! If Adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! (In Stereo)

You can listen to the episode here or at http://www.theindycast.com!

lairdo

Thanks Ed, as always, for letting Ron and I do the JW specials. Hope everyone enjoys this one, and post and email feedback on your thoughts.

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 134 is here!

We speak to Comic Con panellist Brandon Kleyla, Indy Comic artist Richard Howell. more of your listener feedback plus Pat and Rob return!

Listen to the episode here or visit us at theindycast.com!

harvey

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 134 is here!

We speak to Comic Con panellist Brandon Kleyla, Indy Comic artist Richard Howell. more of your listener feedback plus Pat and Rob return!

Listen to the episode here or visit us at theindycast.com!

Latest ep not posting to the site. Hitch in cyberspace or on the way? :confused:

BrodyIsDead

still scribbling away

Violet said:
Still alive and writing? Nice to see you around BID. :hat: Did you get that book published yet or what?

Hi, Violet,

we should resurrect the Chinese Whisperer story!!!

Still trying to get the book an agent but still writing new stuff too! Just a lifelong journey... racking up the mileage, not the years... (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Hey Indycast guys! Found something you might want to get your teeth into.

The final Supanova of the year up in Brisbane has guest Robert Clotworthy. He did the voice-over narration for the doucmentary, "Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Quest."

Thi will be happening in November. Could be a good interview or maybe a question or two in th Q&A session about Indy.

indycast

Violet said:
Hey Indycast guys! Found something you might want to get your teeth into.

The final Supanova of the year up in Brisbane has guest Robert Clotworthy. He did the voice-over narration for the doucmentary, "Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Quest."

Thi will be happening in November. Could be a good interview or maybe a question or two in th Q&A session about Indy.

Thanks for the heads up Violet - though a shame we don't get some more performers a little closer to the films!