Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Little of both

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Medium strict

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Very strict

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

If Marion was my mom, I'd certainly be a good boy for fear that she may deliver one of her knockout swings. Infact with Indy as the dad and Marion as the mom I'd probably be a nervous wreck!!!

:eek:

Ska

If Marion was my mom, let's just say i'd probably go to Dad if I wanted something. She would definitely wear the pants in the relationship.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indyologist said:

I would guess that the type of mother the Major is referring to is the sort that rhymes with...well, not with any other independent word that isn't also an acronym indicating a certain prurient desire.

|ZiR|

Medium soft touch.

Simply an awesome mom. Gosh, can you imagine having Marion Ravenwood and Indiana Jones as your parents?! That'd be like, the coolest thing.

Indyologist

Did you guys also vote in the "how would Indy rate as a dad" thread I created? I'm surprised more people haven't voted/commented there! :eek:

Indyologist

Indyologist said:
Did you guys also vote in the "how would Indy rate as a dad" thread I created? I'm surprised more people haven't voted/commented there! :eek:

Really interesting comments here. I know from the Raiders novelization that Marion loves kids. I think she would more strict and paranoid with children-- you know, watching their every move, checking to make sure where they are, etc. Indy, however, would be a little more easygoing, remembering how his dad was with him. He'd be the "Ah, Marion, let the kid do what he wants. He'll be alright" kinda dad.

You know, I always get the scene in my head of Indy and Marion having a little chat while taking their kid to the park. The kid is about 3 years old and is a boy. While they're talking, Marion glances over Indy's shoulder and points, a look of sheer terror on her face. Indy turns and this little 3 year old is standing on the top step of the tallest slide in the park, waving furiously and yelling, "Mommy! Daddy! Look at me! Look at me!"

Of course, Indy's eyes bug out. He pats Marion on the shoulder and gives her a "it'll be okay" look." He walks-- briskly-- to the slide, but doesn't let any fear show on his face because he doesn't want the kid to get scared. He steps over to the bottom of the slide and smiles broadly, even while he sweats a little.

"Okay, son. Just sit down real slow and hang on tight to the sides. Daddy'll catch you. C'mon. Easy now." So the kid, all smiles, sits down on his little butt and squeals the whole way down the slide. Indy catches him, gives him a grateful hug, tells him what a good big boy he is and walks him over to Marion. Marion is relieved, hugs the kid and hugs Indy, but gives Indy a dirty look nonetheless. She nods her head towards the towering slide. "He gets that s*it from you, y'know!"

Finn

Staff member
Uhh... did you just post a message, then quote yourself only twenty minutes later? Why?

U.S.Raider

Indyologist said:
She nods her head towards the towering slide. "He gets that s*it from you, y'know!"

aww what a touching story.. i can see that, but i feel just the opposite. i think marion would be more relaxed than Indy... Then again, what about Sean Connery as your grandpa and sallah and marcus as "uncles". i dunno.

|ZiR|

U.S.Raider said:
Indyologist said:
She nods her head towards the towering slide. "He gets that s*it from you, y'know!"
aww what a touching story.. i can see that, but i feel just the opposite. i think marion would be more relaxed than Indy...

Me too. Supposing that Indy was present for the child's early years, I see him being overly protective, and overreacting about EVERY LITTLE THING. Marion strikes me as the easy breezy, whatever-don't-kill-'em type of parent.

In other news, the mystery of Indyologist's successive, self-quoting post continues to perplex all!

I don't know if you know this or not, I'd wager that you don't, but there's this nifty option here to edit your posts. See? Y'know, should you want to fix a typo, remove or perhaps ADD something. Nice story, though, about Indy and Marion. Maybe even worth a double post.

edit: See? Look! I just edited! It's crazy! It's fun!

otto rahn

U.S.Raider said:
aww what a touching story.. i can see that, but i feel just the opposite. i think marion would be more relaxed than Indy... Then again, what about Sean Connery as your grandpa and sallah and marcus as "uncles". i dunno.
I can just see "indy Jr" absolutely LOVING "Uncle Sallah" !:D Marcus I think would not be good with children; he'd probably be confused by them.

U.S.Raider

otto rahn said:
I can just see "indy Jr" absolutely LOVING "Uncle Sallah" !:D Marcus I think would not be good with children; he'd probably be confused by them.

He might even get lost in his own museum trying to keep track of them... that's another point i've been often confused about. In Raiders, they make Marcus out to be very intellectual and highly educated. His voice even sounds sophistocated...but in LC he's rather a bumbling fool -no offense-.. i've often wondered why this is so. it is just a movie i suppose...