The Dark Knight

I don't care what we see him do, as long as we get to see more of the quality of Batman Begins! LOL

But ya.... matching striations on bullet fragments, or whipping out the Bat-Tape to lift a finger print would be cool....

Heh

Katarn07

Some actual news....

If you can't tell from some of my posts in Indy 4 news, I'm really looking forward to this film. Much more than Indy, in fact!

http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/
http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/

Here's the "confirmed" cast so far:
* Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne / Batman
* Heath Ledger as The Joker
* Gary Oldman as Lieutenant James Gordon
* Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent
* Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth
* Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox
* Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes
* Eric Roberts as Salvatore Maroni
* Nestor Carbonell as the mayor of Gotham City

That's from Wikipedia so not sure how accurate some of it is. Last I heard, Roberts played a crime boss, but he was never confirmed to be Maroni. It'd make a lot of sense if he was, but like I said, I never saw anything official. Also, the part of the mayor was only a rumor when I first saw it. There was previously a Bank Manager listed, but he's not listed there. Apparently, he like many other suggested actors like Alan Dale, have been shot down as BS by WB.

Here's some rumors from a reliable source, though none of them have been confirmed:

Batman on Film article said:
* Maggie Gyllenhaal’s Rachel has a bigger part in TDK than the character had in BATMAN BEGINS.

* The Scarecrow, played by Cillian Murphy, will be back.

* Montoya, yes. Bullock, no.

* Loeb is back, Flass wasn't in the script by name, but could easily be added.

I'm excited to see Murphy again, whether it be a cameo appearance or as a full-fledged villain on the loose. Rene Montoya is also a great character to have in this film. A strong Hispanic female character to back up the heroes is always a great thing. I just hope they don't cast some actress like Michelle Rodriguez or someone every movie studio casts when they need a Hispanic woman.

Dr.Sartorius

Here's a teaser image that's on the Dark Knight site:

Tdklogo.jpg

Katarn07

Baron Brunwald said:
Anybody hear that the TDK teaser trailer might play with Harry Potter 5?

I think it it'd be weird if they didn't have one. They filmed a bunch of stuff here in Chicago and I think they're wrapping up their London shoot before they come back here. They could cobble together a teaser by then I'd hope.

I've actually heard there may be one for PotC 3, but that's wishful thinking I think. Plus, it's not a WB movie so not even as plausible as Harry 5.

Katarn07

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

A legit sight. I won't spoil it by posting the pics there, but I will mention the Joker has finally been revealed. He's super creepy looking. It's a fresh take on the character, but I don't think it's too far off that casual viewers won't recognize him as the Joker. I can't wait for this movie.

EDIT - I guess you need to email and do some other crazy marketing crap to get ALL the pixels removed. Here's a link to the fully uncovered image.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_I-believe-in-harvey-dent-too_5-18-07.html

Katarn07

Why the heck has no one responded to that Joker pic? I never really gave my thoughts on it. I was skeptical about the "cut smile" but I don't think it's as noticeable as I thought it'd be. I'm not hating it, though I'd like to see it without the scarring. I love his eyes! I remember Ledger saying he wanted to focus on the eyes rather than the smile, and I think that it was a brilliant move! The character's creepy enough when he smiles, but when he's not smiling? Yikes....

Here's a site that I'm not sure is legit or not. Still, it's an interesting thing and in character with Joker from the comics:

http://www.myspace.com/ibelieveinharveydenttoo

EDIT - That link in my last post has changed since I first posted it. It says "Page Not Found." Highlight it like a spoiler field to read what's there. Neat.

Baron Brunwald

Looks like our teaser will come in December then :)
And I'm glad Joker is shaping up to be a real lunatic in this one instead of a joke like Jack Nicholson made him.

"Those are my balloons."!?!!?

Dr.Sartorius

I don't like it. Maybe once we get a picture of him smiling I'll change my mind. This isn't the Joker. This is a twenty something wannabe Marliyn Manson with smeared lipstick.

_1179708837.jpg

Papa Jones

Baron Brunwald said:
Looks like our teaser will come in December then :)
And I'm glad Joker is shaping up to be a real lunatic in this one instead of a joke like Jack Nicholson made him.

"Those are my balloons."!?!!?

In my humble opinion, the SCRIPT made it a joke...

Jack Nicholson made the best out of it

San Holo

It really looks like they are doing this right. That Joker looks hard core creepy-like serial clown killer creepy. Whats up with that picture of Heath....is that smeared lipstick? Insert Brokeback Batman joke here;)

Papa Jones

San Holo said:
It really looks like they are doing this right. That Joker looks hard core creepy-like serial clown killer creepy. Whats up with that picture of Heath....is that smeared lipstick? Insert Brokeback Batman joke here;)

That's what they're trying to do with every superhero flick... trying to make the characters as "realistic" and "human" as possible. Except Fantastic 4, which by the way sucks heavily.
So, considering the "mood" of Batman Begins, we won't have a funny crimelord's right arm, falling into acid and laughing his ass off while killing people, but some disturbed guy, who maybe had some childhood problems (like having a cowboy boyfriend...) and is unable to laugh because of his sadness and past and practised some self-mutilation. In my opinion, I think Ledger won't be laughing like crazy once during the whole movie.