2nd Trailer - initial impressions

oki9Sedo said:
Beats Last Crusade anyway. Much as I think thats a very good film, the action and its general laziness let it down.

Indeed. This trailer shows that this movie has something that LC was lacking. Genuine excitement. I mean, Crusade was great but it's kinda difficult to get tense over a brawl on a tank that's travelling twenty miles per hour. My grandmother could have leapt from that tank to safety. Thank goodness they have injected some vigour into the franchise again.

oki9Sedo

herr gruber said:
Indeed. This trailer shows that this movie has something that LC was lacking. Genuine excitement. I mean, Crusade was great but it's kinda difficult to get tense over a brawl on a tank that's travelling twenty miles per hour. My grandmother could have leapt from that tank to safety. Thank goodness they have injected some vigour into the franchise again.

To be honest, the tank chase was quite exciting, I thought.

Indy wasn't trying to escape from the tank, he was trying to rescue his father, and was being attacked from all angles.

oki9Sedo said:
To be honest, the tank chase was quite exciting, I thought.

Indy wasn't trying to escape from the tank, he was trying to rescue his father, and was being attacked from all angles.

My perception of the tank chase is that it's dull. John Williams steps in to give the illusion of excitement. I was referring to Marcus not knowing how to get off. Er...try stepping off Marcus. My granny did, so you can.

AHegele

It might have over the top action that The Last Crusade lacks (even though the tank chase is my favorite action piece ever) i doubt it will have the emotional crescendo that The Last Crusade had. It's without a doubt the most dramatic and enriching of the original three.

AHegele said:
i doubt it will have the emotional crescendo that The Last Crusade had. It's without a doubt the most dramatic and enriching of the original three.

You have just summed up every fans fears that a fourth installment may be a rogue episode which will spoil said finale. However, from what we've seen of KOTCS, I think those fears have been obliterated.

oki9Sedo

AHegele said:
It might have over the top action that The Last Crusade lacks (even though the tank chase is my favorite action piece ever) i doubt it will have the emotional crescendo that The Last Crusade had. It's without a doubt the most dramatic and enriching of the original three.

No, Crystal Skull won't be as emotional or deep as Last Crusade. It can't be. The relationship between Indiana and his former girlfriend's son cannot resonate the same way his relationship with his estranged father did. It just can't.

But it will beat it in the action adventure department, I think. Speedboat chase on the London docks, for God's sake.

herr gruber said:
My perception of the tank chase is that it's dull. John Williams steps in to give the illusion of excitement. I was referring to Marcus not knowing how to get off. Er...try stepping off Marcus. My granny did, so you can.

Well that was intended as comic relief more than as a suspenseful moment, ie a genuine obstacle our heroes have to overcome. He's a wuss, and it doesn't occur to him that he's going to have to jump.

I thought there were some great moments. "WO IST JONESSSS!!!!!", followed by our answer, Indy appearing out of the cloud of sand alongside the tank,was a moment I really loved. Also the part where Indy is slamming Vogel's head against. Really brutal stuff, and I really loved it. John Williams' music through the whole scene was outstanding as well.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I saw the trailer last night, That was so awesome!

I went to the 8:00 showing for Ironman, so it was all the type of kids who would be excited for indy 4. As soon as I heard the Arc theme I yelled out "WHOOO!!!!" followed by the cheers of the entire theater. I started another cheer at the end of the trailer as well (and several times during ironman, everyone was cheering too, it was a very fun evening)

the trailer looks great, I'm so excited!

SterankoII

I loved the tank chase too.

Indy1.jpg

John Hurt looks like he's thinking:"Did I leave the iron on this morning?":D

Nurhachi1991

herr gruber said:

Marcus was awsome i love how they elbowed the poor guy and he falls off backwords you gotta love Marcus

Nurhachi1991

heres the second trailer i know everyone has seen it i just wanted to post

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQ8mMr6MivU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dQ8mMr6MivU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Man

herr gruber said:
I do love Marcus. I don't love slipping on banana skins Marcus.

Marcus turned into a fool exactly following Connery's appearance. It was the fastest character arc in cinema history...(y)