Rambo V: Last Blood

The Drifter

San Holo said:
Just saw that Stallone has just gotten the greenlight to start filming the next installment of the series:D This ones about a girl that gets kidnapped on the US/Mexican border, and has Rambo taking on human trafficers and the Mexican drug cartels......Hell yess- Let the headshots begin!:gun:

I thought this plot is just a rumor and not official yet? Has it been confirmed?

San Holo

Yeah, the story is been making the rounds since the last movie, but Variety says that now it is OFFICIAL;)
Finally, the news many of us have been waiting for: the green light for Rambo 5! Last I heard it was under the working title of John Rambo (again), but all that could change. What hopefully won't change is that it will be as awesomely splattery as the last film, Rambo. I'm worried about Sylvester Stallone's spotty track record - he can't seem to make three good films in a row - but I'm hoping that The Expendables meets the guy's **** quota for this cycle.

The film will be coming from Millenium/Nu-Image, just like the last film, which turned an okay profit (especially overseas, believe it or not. Triple the US, almost). This movie will see John Rambo back in North America, battling through drug lords and human traffickers on the American/Mexican border in order to rescue a little girl. I had heard the script being described as Stallone's take on a western, and that plot sort of sounds like it could be influenced by The Searchers.

The movie will shoot in the spring, which is a long way away. Maybe Stallone needs the time to gather enough bloody squibs. Realistically, he needs the time to finish and promote The Expendables, but I'm sticking with bloody squibs.
I love the Searchers(it's quite possibly my favorite movie of all time) ...and who doesn't love Rambo?
This movie's gonna ROCK!

I-Jones

Excellent, it would be cool if David Caruso and Brian Dennehy had cameos in the film since Rambo is back in America, it would be nice to see there faces how Rambo still kicking ass after all most 30 years later.

fixer79

Hans said:
Finally jhonny rambo returns:whip:

Finally?! He had a new movie like, last year... :p

Anyway, I'm glad number five's been greenlit. I wonder if it's gonna be as brutal as part four...

deckard24

The big question is, will Stallone make it as bloody an gory as Rambo, or will he tame down the violence? I read somewhere that he was considering making a much less brutal film, which would be a shame in my opinion, considering that's what added to Rambo's success. It felt like an old school 80's action film, something along the lines of Cobra or Predator.

The Drifter

deckard24 said:
The big question is, will Stallone make it as bloody an gory as Rambo, or will he tame down the violence? I read somewhere that he was considering making a much less brutal film, which would be a shame in my opinion, considering that's what added to Rambo's success. It felt like an old school 80's action film, something along the lines of Cobra or Predator.

I would like to see a more emotional Rambo story this time around. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rambo IV, but maybe Sly wants to go "full circle" and make a movie that has a deeper meaning just like First Blood did.

roundshort

I heard Rambo leads an uprising about the food quality in VA where he is put for old age. I guess they were serving food that did make a Billy Goat Puke!

I nurse form Kill Bill vol. 1 will be in it!

Cole

Little surprising I guess............'Rambo' didn't even make 50 mill at the box office.

But I guess Rambo II and III weren't that classic to begin with.

Cole

I'm not sure if Stallone knows when to stop. He kind've drove the Rocky franchise into the ground. Rocky IV and V anyone?

deckard24

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I loved Rocky IV, but V sucked.
Agreed! Even though I did kind of like it as a kid.

Rocky Balboa though was a pretty good sendoff to the character, as was Rambo, so to be honest I don't know if another is needed. That's not to say I don't want to see a fifth!;)

Originally Posted by Lonesome_Drifter
I would like to see a more emotional Rambo story this time around. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rambo IV, but maybe Sly wants to go "full circle" and make a movie that has a deeper meaning just like First Blood did.
I like where your heads at, and if they do go that route, the intensity will still be there if it's anything like First Blood.

San Holo

Cole said:
Little surprising I guess............'Rambo' didn't even make 50 mill at the box office.

But I guess Rambo II and III weren't that classic to begin with.
It did VERY well Internationally..way more than it did here. Suprisingly, Rambo grossed highest in the Asian market.

The Drifter

deckard24 said:
Agreed! Even though I did kind of like it as a kid.

Rocky Balboa though was a pretty good sendoff to the character, as was Rambo, so to be honest I don't know if another is needed. That's not to say I don't want to see a fifth!;)

See, that is the very reason why I would like this to be a prequel to the latest Rambo.
The ending of Rambo IV was perfect. John finally went back home to Bowie, AZ to his dad's ranch. I don't want that ending ruined!
So, Rambo V should be a prequel to Rambo IV!

deckard24

Lonsome_Drifter said:
See, that is the very reason why I would like this to be a prequel to the latest Rambo.
The ending of Rambo IV was perfect. John finally went back home to Bowie, AZ to his dad's ranch. I don't want that ending ruined!
So, Rambo V should be a prequel to Rambo IV!
A prequel would be a good idea, but the only problem is, wasn't he supposed to be in self-imposed exile in Burma for quite a while? If the new one takes place in Mexico, that kind of disrupts the storyline. But, I guess they'll find a way to work it in, if a prequel does ever happen. Hopefully though, whatever they end up doing doesn't ruin that perfect ending.

The Drifter

deckard24 said:
A prequel would be a good idea, but the only problem is, wasn't he supposed to be in self-imposed exile in Burma for quite a while? If the new one takes place in Mexico, that kind of disrupts the storyline. But, I guess they'll find a way to work it in, if a prequel does ever happen. Hopefully though, whatever they end up doing doesn't ruin that perfect ending.

Yeah, he was around Burma for awhile, so there would be no way for the Mexican storyline to be worked in, in that time period.
I remember when that storyline started to float around on the internet. It never really clicked with me for some reason.

I would rather see that Teasle from First Blood heard that Rambo is back in the states somehow, and starts another personal war against him. Yes, Teasle would be old now, be he could use some of his younger cop buddies.

Hans

He i read the thread an got and idea what about a comic series entitled rambo: Vietnam like the punisher in vietnam series. The only problem is that marvel got bought by diseny! :cool: