Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Irfaan

Perhilion said:
Am I correct in thinking that the PSP version will be just a bunch of mini games and not the actual story? 'Cause that's what "burst gameplay" sounds like to me:(
I think what they mean is that they will have the main storyline, co op, versus and the "burst gameplay" mini-games (which will be an exclusive feature to the PSP version).

Morning Bell

I really like the video that talks about the story. It sounds complex and engrossing, kind of like a mash-up of KOTCS and ROTLA. I'm looking forward to it.:D

Irfaan

Nurhachi1991 said:
Guns are not family friendly guys.............

Apparently satchels aren't either ;)

I agree though, the story sounds fantastic! I absolutely gushed when I saw Indy seperating the sea's with the staff of moses, see, it's those types of epical moments that make me love the Indy franchise so much!

Oh, and by the way there is a new video up on the offcial website about Indy's whip! Enjoy! http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones/#/videos

The Tingler

Perhilion said:
There's some interesting information on this wallpaper:
Indy_StaffOfKings_Panama-4_1024x-1.jpg
There's also coordinates on the bottom right. Anyone know what location it is?

Well, for starters, in case anyone didn't know Mount Nebo (mentioned several times) in Jordan is the resting place of Moses mentioned in Deuteronomy 34.1. It's also where the Prophet Jeremiah hid the Ark of the Covenant, incidentally.

As for the coordinates, it's Istanbul.

Le Saboteur

Indiana Jones and the Cradle of Life?

Like a lot of people, I am rather perturbed that we won't be getting Indy's latest outing on a next-gen system (technically speaking, isn't it 'current' gen?). But has anybody noticed that this sphere-like thing Indy has in a few of the screen shots bears a more than passing resemblance to the orb from Lara Croft, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life? I'll have to look into it some more, but they both appear to serve the same purpose -- as maps to the larger, more realized prize.

The Tingler

The first review of the Wii version, although I'm a little suspicious of it. It's tiny, it's in Empire Film Magazine rather than a games mag, and there's the first review of Ghostbusters above it too.

However, the negative points it raises are very plausible... well, point. It says that the game is linear to the point of almost being on-rails, which I could well believe. It also says the game feels aimed at kids more than adults, which I could also believe. Frustrating if true, as kids have already had one Indy game recently. We want one too!!

Nurhachi1991

Indy got the same number of Stars as Terminator Salvation...........

Oh this can't be good............. This can't be good at all

Rhys135

Nurhachi1991 said:
I was hoping at least an 8.5

7.5 is a great score - and with movie themed games, the reviews usually say that you should add a '10' if you're a huge fan, so it should be an 8.5 in our eye's. (y)

The Tingler

Well, take solace in the fact that a) Emperor's Tomb got worse scores than 7.5, b) 7.5 is still good, and c) Terminator Salvation in no way deserved 3 stars. It's a 1 star game.

Nurhachi1991

The Tingler said:
Well, take solace in the fact that a) Emperor's Tomb got worse scores than 7.5, b) 7.5 is still good, and c) Terminator Salvation in no way deserved 3 stars. It's a 1 star game.

Yeah thats what I was saying Salvation was a piece of CRAP.......

I'm sure Indy will be great. I mean I did love every second of ET and IM

so it will probally be a blast.

Morning Bell

Even though some of the reviews may be mediocre, I'm still excited. ET got some bad reviews and I thought it was great, so I'm hopeful with this one as well.