Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Apocalypse Now?

lol1.gif

I might be able to stretch it to Clear and Present Danger, but the novel was still better.

Blade Runner was probably the last great movie he appeared in.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
I might be able to stretch it to [I]Clear and Present Danger[/I], but the novel was still better.

[I]Blade Runner [/I]was probably the last great movie he appeared in.[/QUOTE]

I'm too lazy today to look, but we certainly have to have had a 'rank the films' thread here somewhere, yes?

Frantic and/or Presumed Innocent ... [i]might?[/i] ... qualify for a top 10.

kongisking

Huh. I was under the impression Anchorman was pretty highly regarded as far as Ferrell films go.

For the record, I enjoyed it a lot. And bringing Ford into the sequel will at the very least make it more interesting, even if it ends up sucking.

Nah. Anchorman didn't have any real pop to it. Lots of build up...the premises were promising, then nothing no puch lines. To much left hanging and there wasn't enough personality to carry it.

The first time Steve Carrell sucked.

Shame really.

Blades of Glory was better...

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Anchorman was horrible, hopefully is the recipient of better writing.

That's the sanest post you've made all day. ;)

Even more reassuring that those words also come from a sepp... er, American.

I lump Anchorman in with things like Blades of Glory and Zoolander.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
That's the sanest post you've made all day. ;)

Even more reassuring that those words also come from a sepp... er, American.

I lump Anchorman in with things like Blades of Glory and Zoolander.

Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot.

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
I actually thought Anchorman was very funny.
kongisking said:
Huh. I was under the impression Anchorman was pretty highly regarded as far as Ferrell films go.

For the record, I enjoyed it a lot.
I'm with Andy & Kong on this. Will Ferrell can get on my nerves sometimes but "Anchorman" was freaking HILARIOUS. The scene with the flute cracks me up just thinking about it!(y) With Harrison or not, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
I'm with Andy & Kong on this. Will Ferrell can get on my nerves sometimes but "Anchorman" was freaking HILARIOUS. The scene with the flute cracks me up just thinking about it!(y) With Harrison or not, I'm looking forward to the next one.

What? :confused:

You mean I should go and drag the DVD out of the 'for sale' pile and give it another go?

Bearing in mind it's sitting there with the likes of Dracula's Guest, The Bucket List and Borat.

Stoo

Give it another go! Personally, I think it's great and one of the funniest movies that I've seen in awhile. The brazen ego of Ron Burgundy is hysterical plus there's the flute scene, the conch shell, the rumble between rival news stations...too many good parts to mention.;)

(I don't know why you'd want to sell "Borat" but let's not get into that here.)

AndyLGR

Yep so many funny scenes, the rival stations fight, sex panther, Baxter over the bridge, the flute scene amongst others. Not only that but the general chat between the 4 male leads and Veronica. Easily ferrels best film and one of the funniest films this century.

60% of the time it works every time!

kongisking

AndyLGR said:
Yep so many funny scenes, the rival stations fight, sex panther, Baxter over the bridge, the flute scene amongst others. Not only that but the general chat between the 4 male leads and Veronica. Easily ferrels best film and one of the funniest films this century.

60% of the time it works every time!

Any movie that somehow gets away with a cute dog being punted off a bridge by a pissed-off biker without it looking sickeningly cruel gets points in my eyes. :)