Which is your favourite sequence of events?

Canyon

Which are you favourite scenes in the trilogy that follow on from one another?

Here are mine.

Please note that I love the whole trilogy and these are my favourte sequences that happen to run together.

Raiders

The Chachapoyan Temple
"You throw me the idol, I throw you the whip!" and onto when Indy jumps in Jock's plane
"I hate snakes Jock! I hate em'!" through to the classroom scene.

The scene where Marion sees Indy for the first time in ten years, through to when leaves "Listen Herr Mac. I don't know what kind of people you're used to dealing with, but nobody tells me what to do in my place." and comes back.
Indy rescues Marion and they travel to Cairo. Onto the balcony scene (thud!) and the scene set in the streets Cairo and right through until Indy goes to the map room.

I love the scene where Indy goes after the ark, the love scene, the scene where the sub shows up and when Indy goes swims to the sub (with the wonderfully adventurous Raiders march playing in the background.

(Hell, I love the whole movie!)

Temple of Doom

The entire first part up until they you see Indy in his gear for the first time in the movie (yay!)
"Since you walked into my club, you haven't been able to take your eyes off of me!" "Oh yeah?"

When they reach Pankot Palace. The dining scene and love scene (swoon) onto the part where Indy takes the Sankara Stones.

My next favourite part is when Indy comes back from the Black Sleep.
"I'm allright kid!"
Short Round looks more than a bit surprised there!

The part where you see Indy in the shadows and the look on his face which says. "I'm seriously gonna kick your butt!"

The Mine cart chase until the end of the film.
"Oh no. No more adventures with you Dr. Jones"

Last Crusade

Indy in the Portugese Coast, finding the Cross of Coronado after 26 years and the classroom scene.

When Indy and Elsa go into the catacombs.

The scene where Indy and Elsa reach Brunwald Castle and Indy rescues his father up until they escape.

The part where Indy and his father are on the zepplin.
"When were airbourne with Germany behind us, then I'll share that sentiment" and the next scene
"If you'd been an ordinary, average father like the other guys dads, you would have understood." going through to them flying the plane "I didn't know you could fly a plane." "Fly yes, land no." and on to the scene where they crash the plane "Those people are trying to kill us" ""I know dad! "It's a new experience for me!" "Happens to me all the time" and onto that wonderful scene where Henry runs across the beach with his umbrella. "I remember my Charlamagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky."

The tank sequence followed by when they think that Indy is dead (sob!)

When Indy gets the grail and takes it back to his father right up until the end.

I think it's safe to say that on the whole, I love the entire trilogy! :D

Would be very much interested in reading your favourite sequences in the trilogy.

matthiassatlure

Raiders: "snakes...why did it have to be snakes?"

Temple of Doom: "It was a...a misunderstanding"

Last Crusade:

HENRY and INDY mount their horses. Henry turns back to his son.

HENRY
What did you find, Junior?

INDY
Junior?! Dad...

SALLAH
Please...What does it always
mean, this...this "Junior?"

HENRY
That's his name. Henry Jones,
Junior.

INDY
I like Indiana.

HENRY
We named the dog Indiana.

BRODY
May we go home now, please?

CONTINUED:

SALLAH
(to INDY)
The dog!?
(laughs)
You are named after the dog...

INDY
(embarrassed)
I've got a lot of fond memories
of that dog.

A moment passes as they all ready their mounts and SALLAH continues to laugh
at INDY.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Raiders of the Lost Ark

- the opening sequence

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

- the rope bridge scene :cool:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

- the 3 challenges to obtain the grail

Strider

Raiders-Truck scene, or maybe the famed First scene with the Idol.
Temple-Rope Bridge, or prehaps the Mining Car chase.
Crusade-When Indy meets his father at the castle.

That's a hard question you ask, Canyon. :)

philhos

My all-time favorite scene has to be after Indy survives the Tank crash in LC, and his father actually shows him how much he loves him by hugging him. Such a touching moment in the midst of all the action and chaos really emphasizes the emotion.

I LOVE that scene and I'm not even a romantic!

fatima

Raiders

When Indy and Marion scape from the temple and then Indy fights next and under the plane and then rides after the truck to get the Ark by all costs!

Temple

When Indy finds out the secret passage way and gets trapped with Shorty, Willy goes to save them and then they finally they saw the tuggie rituals.

Last Crusade

When Indy is in the Temple, right after his dad being shout and Indy passes through the chanllges to get the Grail.

Kate

Hmmmm...

Raiders... The scene with Marion and Indy in the Raven.

Temple.... The "Five minutes" scene, of course.

Last Crusade.... "Only the penitent man shall pass."

I think I'll go watch the movies right now!