Fate of Atlantis Remake

AlivePoet

The Stranger said:
More than anything, I would sincerely love if they started a new series of Indiana Jones "point and click" videogames... new stories, high resolution Myst style pre-rendered graphics (if you know what I mean), maybe even some gameplay innovations, like adding some extra action sequences or interactive cinematics from time to time.

That would be fantastic. I have never really digested the fact that old style adventures had to unfairly fell into oblivion, just because of the advent of 3D technologies.
Some of the best and most successful videogames of all time STILL are to be found among those old fashioned jewels. And there were also a good number of modern "point and click" adventures that managed to get the praise of millions of gamers and critics worldwide.

I mean, this is the freaking proof that adventure games are STILL interesting... but as if this didn't count at all, the 99.9 % of the software houses prefer to work on standard cliché "I've-already-seen-em-all" 3D platforms and shooters... I don't understand... but I'm sad, somehow...

So true, so true...time for an intellectual game to surface, for Indy. I would rather have a set of point and click adventures in the vein of FoA than a new movie, actually... partly because I'd rather see Jones in the 30s than the 50s.

Johnny Nys

Whenever I see a game trailer like this, I can't help but wonder what the actual gameplay looks like. Any vids of that?

Looks pretty cool though I have to echo Johnny Nys' sentiments, cutscenes are all well and good but whats the game like?

Also, that drawing of yer man, all blond american hero, he doesn't look very 1930s does he?

Trennas

I came across that trailer a while back as well; completely forgot to post it here. I think the game is a tribute to the 1938's movie Lost Horizon, but I haven't heard much about it since it was announced.

Finn

Staff member
Adventure Gamers has an early look into Lost Horizon.

I must say that the trailer looked a bit cheesy. The 3D animation was very five years old. Though looking at the screenshots on the gameplay, I must say that they seem to live up to the modern adventure gaming standards.

Finn said:
Adventure Gamers has an early look into Lost Horizon.

I must say that the trailer looked a bit cheesy. The 3D animation was very five years old. Though looking at the screenshots on the gameplay, I must say that they seem to live up to the modern adventure gaming standards.

Looks really awesome to me. Outdated animation or not, I thought we've always maintained that great games like FOA don't need photorealism because they have an extremely compelling plot and puzzles to match. Lost Horizon looks to deliver in that same manner.

I just hope it will run decently on my virtual machine.

Finn

Staff member
Usually animation like that runs as FMV anyway, so it doesn't require any more juice from a rig than standard video clip playback. They could have made the trailer as photorealistic as they'd like.

But as I said already, that's a minor aside, considering the gameplay itself looks pretty sweet.

Gabeed

That Lost Horizon trailer makes it look like The Mummy 3: The Video Game. It did not look good, in my opinion.

Finn

Staff member
Ironclaw said:
I wonder how they'd do all those action sequences with just a mouse.
If you've read the preview article, you'd know that there aren't any. It'll apparently hold a bunch of pseudo-action secquences that sort of simulate the real deal, but the gameplay will still be puzzle-oriented point'n'clicking.