You think Mac and Spalko had a relationship going?

The Drifter

Mac seemed like a bumbling idiot to me. I find it highly unlikely if he and Spalko had any kind of relationship outside of her hiring him to betray Indy.
Plus, all Mac seemed to worry about was wealth.

avidfilmbuff

Mac was just one of Spalko's hired goons. I'm pretty sure she would have gotten rid of him the moment she got what she wanted.

Montana Smith

There was that scene in the screenplay, which I believe was deleted from the film:

In the back of the truck in the jungle, Mac leers at Spalko and says, "-- what am I thinking right now?"

She replies, "Much too easy."

He pushes her to answer:

Spalko turns, raises her hand and looks him in the eye. He looks back at her, his usual leer at first, but as the stare goes on, it fades.

Spalko?s eyes are intense, hypnotic. Beautiful eyes, but so cold they?re nearly white. Impossible to look away from.

Finally, after a long moment;

SPALKO: The answer to your question is, ?If I feel the slightest need.?

She makes a movement with her hand under his neck, like a sword cutting his throat. Mac looks truly frightened, he sits back, silent.

So, there's no natural attraction going on there. Mac does appear as a bumbling fool. However, Indy is an alpha male, so between Indy and Spalko I can well believe that they could have had some history together. A rough, passionate, blowing hot and cold sort of relationship...

XanaduEli

Ive always had faith in Spalko having a relationship with Indy or maybe even Mutt, but Mac is kinda pushing it a bit,
Mac was just in it for money,
and Spalko hired Mac to get to Indy

that's the way i put it :whip:

Montana Smith

XanaduMel said:
Ive always had faith in Spalko having a relationship with Indy or maybe even Mutt, but Mac is kinda pushing it a bit,
Mac was just in it for money,
and Spalko hired Mac to get to Indy

that's the way i put it :whip:

I agree. Spalko wouldn't consider Mac a worthy partner. Indy would be a worthy victory for her, and if she couldn't get him, then Mutt might be second best, just because he's the son.

Webley

I see Mac being attracted to pretty girls so that would leve out Spalko seeing how see is not vere good looking woman.

Sharkey

Of course they had a relationship. Mac wanted money, Spalko had plenty. Spalko wanted answers, Mac had solutions.

Done.

Montana Smith

Sharkey said:
Of course they had a relationship. Mac wanted money, Spalko had plenty. Spalko wanted answers, Mac had solutions.

Done.

Maybe in Mac's dreams, and in Spalko's nightmares...she might have laid back and thought of Mother Russia! ;)

oki9Sedo

No way. She would have had no interest in him in that way whatsoever. I would think she generally isn't interested in such things, let alone with a bit of a goon like him.

Meerkat

XanaduMel said:
Ive always had faith in Spalko having a relationship with Indy
Same here. As you all know, I'm obsessed with IrinaxIndy?I don't think she'd ever consider Mac anything more than some guy who can be easily used. But I certainly think Mac was attracted to Irina...

Cole

I didn't get a lezbo vibe from her.......just someone who was extremely cold, emotionally detached, and obsessed with power.

She strikes me as someone who would go completely nuts in bed for someone with awesome power. My guess is she probably had a sexual relationship with Stalin. His "fair-haired girl" or whatever the line was.

Matt deMille

She probably just flirted with Mac, led him on, just to get him to work cheaper. Not that she needed to, having the Soviet black budget behind her, but she probably gets some satisfaction out of controlling people. I got the vibe that she wasn't as psychic as she professed to be. She never actually demonstrated psychic power. It was more of a desire to posses such power (hence her obsession with the crystal skulls), and people who desire power they don't truly have tend to get their fix by controlling lesser people, and Mac was certainly easy to control. So, she probably played with him but never did anything.

Montana Smith

Webley said:
Spalko struck me as being a lesbian.

That's an interesting thought. ;)

Conjures up all sorts of impure images... :eek:

I could believe that she didn't restrict herself to just one sex, and when she gives in to passion it would be within a framework of duty, ambition and domination. :whip:

Dr.Jonesy

Webley said:
Spalko struck me as being a lesbian.

Hmm...you guys saw how she looked at Marion when Mutt and her switched cars! *Insert Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get it On'*

God knows what she told Marion to do with her mind control while she was captured...:eek:

Montana Smith

Dr.Jonesy said:
Hmm...you guys saw how she looked at Marion when Mutt and her switched cars! *Insert Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get it On'*

God knows what she told Marion to do with her mind control while she was captured...:eek:

"I have ways of making you talk...dirty. I also have ways of making you walk...strangely." ;)