Burger King Indy Toys and Whopper

IndySeven

Does anyone think that Burger King will make Super Deformed figures for the Indiana Jones promo like they did with Star Wars? I think that it would be pretty cool!:)

Niteshade007

I don't quite understand. What are super deformed? That sounds like a bad thing. Yet you seem excited about it...

And I thought that places like Taco Bell and KFC had Star Wars promotions. I don't remember Burger King's, but then again, I'm not a big Burger King or Star Wars fan.

Niteshade007

Oh, interesting. Kind of like bobble heads? Or did they not wobble? Either way, I agree it'd be neat to have Indy characters like that.

Lon

I'm guessing they won't since it's something they've done already. I liked what they did with their Fantastic Four 2 figures and hope they do something similar to that.

Or do collector's glasses. I would love to see those make a comeback. McDonald's just did some for Shrek the Third.

Keep in mind, Burger King doesn't necessarily have to do toys. I believe for Attack of the Clones they did watches.

Lon

At least we'll get something. Live Free or Die Hard has a tie-in with Arby's but I don't believe there is a premium, or even promotional cups. There's an online game and contest you can enter but I think that's it. That's lame.

Lon

Speaking of Burger King

A co-worker of mine knows a woman who is a manager at a Burger King so he's going to set me up with any Indy advertising displays the store uses.

He said she's given him Spider-Man 3, Revenge of the Sith and Attack of the Clones ad materials so she's willing to give that stuff away.

Woo hoo! :whip:

Niteshade007

It'd be cool to see Indiana Jones like that, but I don't think they could get away with other characters looking like that. All the other characters are new, and they would just look odd, you know? I mean, Star Wars characters are easily identified, so any variation on their look and one can still tell who they are. With the new Indiana Jones movie, it won't be like that. We are going to be introduced to these people for the first time, and who wants a giant head of John Hurt?

JimmyPSHayes

Maybe if I start going there more often now, I can make friends with a manager and get some stuff too. When Last Crusade came out, my best friend worked at McDonalds and was able to get me the huge Indy display from when they were selling the VHS tapes.

Ohio Jones

Lon said:
Or do collector's glasses. I would love to see those make a comeback. McDonald's just did some for Shrek the Third.

That would be great... I love the vintage BK 'Star Wars' glasses.

Niteshade007 said:
We are going to be introduced to these people for the first time, and who wants a giant head of John Hurt?

Maybe 'Elephant Man' fans :p.

Shortie

They also did the same for Spider-Man this year. I like these deformed figures & I hope that Indy gets this style.

kongisking

Are you kidding? Those deformed toys look ridiculous! You can barely do anything with them! If they have Indy 4 toys at Burger King (and Jesus I hope they do), they just should make good old fashioned action figures. Or at least do us the pleasure of having figures that say movie phrases, like the great Lord of the Rings toys did a few years back.

Oh wait! I got a great idea for BK Indy Toys! They could probably make figures in the style of AttacktiX, with bases and scorecards and that other stuff! That would be great! And they could also do a cool promo-thing where they give out limited edition tickets to the movie! (fat chance)

Or perhaps even give out an Indy Burger-a Whopper with bacon cut into whip-shapes and a pic of Indy burned into the top bun (think McGriddles). Ha!

I'll think of some more ideas for BK promoting Indy 4. I'm definitely not done yet!

kongisking

Lon said:
A co-worker of mine knows a woman who is a manager at a Burger King so he's going to set me up with any Indy advertising displays the store uses.

He said she's given him Spider-Man 3, Revenge of the Sith and Attack of the Clones ad materials so she's willing to give that stuff away.

Woo hoo! :whip:

You lucky SOB. Damn!!! :mad:

Congrats, though. Maybe you can talk him into giving you extra, so I can have some! (just kidding, but I WOULD like that!) :eek:

Viper

My neighbor said she got something for me at a garage sale. It was an old 80s Indy toy, still in the freaking wrapper! It was just a pin with a picture of Indy and it said "McDonalds" at the bottom, but man that's old.

I hope my younger sister tells me if she sees a commercial for Indy toys, because besides the fact I watch almost no TV whatsoever anymore, I HATE fast food.