My Collection

Katarn07

What whips do you have? What length/plait are they? Is the one under the fedora one from that eBay seller or somewhere else? Thanks.

Deckard

Thanks guys, heres some new stuff :

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

Deckard

Heres some custom legos, I've been slacking on the customs, Alot more are coming soon. Also some of my Jurassic Park collection which takes up most of the extra bedroom.

0080.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

0066.jpg

JayDee

Seeing your JP collection, I remember doing an accurate 3 3/4-Alan-Grant custom action figure from the new Indy figures :D

I owned those JP figures myself, but I liked 3 3/4 figures since I owned the Star Wars figures. And the JP3 figure from Grant didn´t look that good to me.

Gary2880

May be interested in this, Im hoping to get it after ive recovered from my Indy props outlay. I have that hat also and would be very interested to hear how you managed to alter it. didnt mind the bump in the middle at first but getting right on my nerves now. wouldnt turn it totally raiders but just a bit of careful alterations i'd like

When Dinosaurs ruled the Eath.....

Was quite cool back in the day there was actually a guy in my city that had one of the real Jurassic Park jeeps, often used to park down by the beach. awesome looking thing.

Deckard

Ya i saw that diorama and dig the work, hopefully I'll be able to get the exclusive one from ebay b4 it comes out.

I just finally managed to get the Barbasol shaving cream can prop from the first movie, the bottom unscrews and slides out and has the embryo storage for the dinos. Its on it's way from a collector in England.

Also for that hat, check the thread "My Dorfman Pacific" it'll tell you what i did, Mostly just reshaped it using nothing but water but be careful.

Found it : http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12614

I couldn't be happier w/ the result considering what I had to work with.

0181.jpg

Gary2880

Cheers for the link ill have a good read. I just wanted to tighten the front pinch a wee bit and get rid of the blasted bump. Just trying to get a small collection together myself. Have one of the huge last crusade posters above what will be a shelf holding that hat, a magnoli bag, hopefully a grail of some sort eventually. and my bullwhip.

http://www.pbase.com/gary2880/image/92395204

Will keep an eye out for pictures of the embryo can, possible to divulge how much you paid for it? Think i would really like one of those. Or was it more of a one off.

:whip:

Deckard

Gary2880 said:
Cheers for the link ill have a good read. I just wanted to tighten the front pinch a wee bit and get rid of the blasted bump. Just trying to get a small collection together myself. Have one of the huge last crusade posters above what will be a shelf holding that hat, a magnoli bag, hopefully a grail of some sort eventually. and my bullwhip.

http://www.pbase.com/gary2880/image/92395204

Will keep an eye out for pictures of the embryo can, possible to divulge how much you paid for it? Think i would really like one of those. Or was it more of a one off.

:whip:

Damn, Nice whip, I need to get a nicer one myself. W/ your hat just keep in mind the crown should be around 4 1/2 inches tall, this will help you immensely.

Also w/ the barbasol, I've seen a few 3-4 but not many. The seller claimed it was part of a run of around 20 or so. I payed $300 for mine but have seen them go for as much as $500 if they turn up at auction.

Gary2880

Thanks for your nice comments :hat:

I'm on my first spray and pinch at the moment, looks SO much better already!! gone for a tighter pinch ala yours than i was going too but i'm liking it. so far. Will need to do another "photo session" after my bag comes contemplating distressing the hat a wee bit also, maybe just a bit of talc like yours to accentuate it a bit.

embryos - ah, bit expensive for me at the moment im afraid (unles it has real dinosaur dna in it!) still looking forward to the photos though!

Gary2880

Just managed to get the pin off also, just crimped clasps holding it on isn't it. hadn't really had a good look at it untill now. pried appart the clasps a bit with my leatherman and it slid right off. :cool:

xelaman

my collection is=a dvd boxset with chapter info scatterd around my house.oh, and the lego sets(bike case and race for tresure

Deckard

Gary2880 said:
Just managed to get the pin off also, just crimped clasps holding it on isn't it. hadn't really had a good look at it untill now. pried appart the clasps a bit with my leatherman and it slid right off. :cool:

Ya the pin gave me a ton of trouble. Post a pic once you've finished, I'd like to see how it turns out.

xelaman said:
my collection is=a dvd boxset with chapter info scatterd around my house.oh, and the lego sets(bike case and race for tresure

You gotta start somewhere.

Gary2880

This is it so far. could do with the tighter pinch maybe and a bit of the weathering, bit of a raiders crusade hybrid at the mo. but marked improvement over what it was i think personally. Thanks! :hat:

hat2.jpg

hat1.jpg

Sorry for the rather shoddy photos

Last edited: