Indiana Jones on South Park

Nurhachi1991

Yeah he is easily my favorite character. Like in the Casa Bonita episode Cartman tells Butters a meteor destryoed earth and to repopulate the earth lol

I also love how Butters cares so much about his parents grounding him.

Forbidden Eye

Nurhachi1991 said:
Pure genius you can tell Trey and Matt are big Indy fans

I don't really think spoofing the end of Raiders = big Indy fans.

If they were really big Indy fans, Spielberg should've eaten a fly. ;)

Nurhachi1991

Forbidden Eye said:
I don't really think spoofing the end of Raiders = big Indy fans.

If they were really big Indy fans, Spielberg should've eaten a fly. ;)

lol Nice but you have to admit the dialouge was almost identical to Raiders.

Sankara

It's so funny that some people want to think they are bashing "Indy 4" and the Indy 4 Haters. There are many reviews to this great episode online... strange.... they always said that they bashing "Indy 4"... no word about bashing the haters.... (y)

Fact remains: Butters is the show's idiot he thinks that the movie wasn't so bad and Indiana Jones is being raped by two bearded people.

The world loves Indiana Jones and the world is very sad about the "Skull" Movie and want forget it. This is sooo true... very sad... but so true...

We should never forget:

"Our friend was raped and we didn't do anything"

Dr. Joenes

Butters is the show's pure innocent. If you equate that with idiocy so be it.

If you don't think depicting the idea of 'raping' Indiana Jones is any indication how patently ridiculous the extremes people have taken over this stuff then you are wholly unacquainted with the concept of irony.

They took their shots at the movie and it was funny but stop deluding yourself that this was some affirmation from from a higher power about some truly pathetic whining. People are tossing around 'rape' over a silly pulp movie and reinforcing this point of view through cardboard cutout characters in a cartoon depicting the same?

As much as defenders have high horses it seems a lot of people need to get a better sense of humor.

And if this line from above is true:

"The world loves Indiana Jones and the world is very sad about the "Skull" Movie and want forget it....."

Why is the crying still going on four months+ after the fact? Wanting to forget is as easy as stopping crying about it.

No Ticket

Trey and Matt probably didn't like KOTCS, but they are mocking the internet discussions about the movie. "It raped my childhood ---> Indiana Jones" and the other side of the argument "I thought it was pretty good" from Butters. And the "fridge" scene.

However, I'm pretty sure they're leaning more towards their opinion that it sucked since Butters is the only one who liked it.

Either way I thought it was pretty funny. However, I think it should have just focused on the KOTCS plot line. They could have made a completely different episode off of Cartman and Butter's side plot.

Niteshade007

I think the whole prosecuting thing is showing how far the "haters," as we are so lovingly called, will go to prove a point. It's pretty obviously poking fun at haters and the fact that the movie wasn't great.

Either that or it's showing that the world's economic crisis is in dire need of saving, yet no one is willing to do anything.

Sankara

@Dr. Joenes
Butters is the show's Idiot and the idiot says: "This movie wasn't bad!".
Well, I'm a professional Comedy Writer and Critic. I worked for the MAD Magazine and german TVShows like Jay Leno or Letterman... and and...

So I make my money with humor and irony since many years. This episode is bashing "Indy 4" and not the haters. Trust me!

I wonder what's coming next... "The makers of south park love Indy 4... they think it the best part... it's only irony..." :D :D :D

And why is this great episode not mentioned on theraider.net=
I guess many people don't get that the SP Makers love Indiana Jones very very much...

No Ticket

It's a widely known fact Matt & Trey both like Star Wars AND Indiana Jones quite a bit. They grew up with it just like a lot of you.

Dr. Joenes

If you have the 'credentials' you profess to (and sorry to break it to you but they don't mean much against what I've read here) I would think you could realize that they could both mock the movie mercilessly AND the preposterous overkill of KOTCS hate on the internet - which is the only place you see people saying something as inhumanly stupid as "Lucas and Spielberg raped Indiana Jones with the newest movie" or "my childhood" or whatever variation you want to spin from the rallying cries of the internet faux outrage brigade.

Other posts above have said the same thing more efficiently than I so read those if I'm not getting through. I really don't care if you don't like the movie and I don't care if Matt and Trey do either but if you can't see what I'm talking about it reveals a pretty pedestrian reading of their show. The movie can suck and the people saying "indiana jones was raped" can be maudlin idiots too.

And Butters is not the show idiot. He's a naive and innocent little boy. That they can mine that for comedy doesn't make him an idiot but that he would be perceived as such could be considered revealing too.

Finn

Staff member
Sankara said:
Well, I'm a professional Comedy Writer and Critic. I worked for the MAD Magazine and german TVShows like Jay Leno or Letterman... and and...

So I make my money with humor and irony since many years.
Well, to look on the bright side, this technically explains EVERYTHING we know about the reputation of German humor.

Sankara

Mad Magazine german? :D

Okay, back to topic:

I really like the way they bashing the "Indy 4" Defenders. With this line cominmg from Spielberg: "It's making 700 Mio Dollars box office!!!" Great! :D

Darth Vile

Dr. Joenes said:
If you have the 'credentials' you profess to (and sorry to break it to you but they don't mean much against what I've read here) I would think you could realize that they could both mock the movie mercilessly AND the preposterous overkill of KOTCS hate on the internet - which is the only place you see people saying something as inhumanly stupid as "Lucas and Spielberg raped Indiana Jones with the newest movie" or "my childhood" or whatever variation you want to spin from the rallying cries of the internet faux outrage brigade.

Other posts above have said the same thing more efficiently than I so read those if I'm not getting through. I really don't care if you don't like the movie and I don't care if Matt and Trey do either but if you can't see what I'm talking about it reveals a pretty pedestrian reading of their show. The movie can suck and the people saying "indiana jones was raped" can be maudlin idiots too.

And Butters is not the show idiot. He's a naive and innocent little boy. That they can mine that for comedy doesn't make him an idiot but that he would be perceived as such could be considered revealing too.

He's a real Walter Mitty fellow.... don't get into it.