Hidden trove of Nazi artifacts in Argentina

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://abcnews.go.com/International...ected-nazi-artifacts-found-argentina-48145123
The investigation that culminated in the discovery of the collection began when authorities found artworks of illicit origin in a gallery in north Buenos Aires.

Agents with the international police force Interpol began following the collector and with a judicial order raided the house on June 8. A large bookshelf caught their attention and behind it agents found a hidden passageway to a room filled with Nazi imagery.
Ford and Spielberg begged Lucas to do Indy 4 with "Nazis hiding in Argentina."
Police say one of the most-compelling pieces of evidence of the historical importance of the find is a photo negative of Hitler holding a magnifying glass similar to those found in the boxes.
Did Hitler take breaks to knowingly authenticate merch?

Kai Hagen

When I was a kid, people considered the Nazis fleeing to Argentina as just rumours. It's fascinating to know that these rumours could become confirmed to be true. The documentary series in the History Channel seemed fake (and quite annoying) because of the way they kept dragging a conclusion to a later episode. A lot of the other "documentaries" in that channel gave the impression that the main motivation was to gain more viewers regardless of the content. Now I think I can take Hunting Hitler more seriously. I also remember an old documentary that said that Stalin suspected Hitler of fleeing Germany and that the body that they discovered was a double.

Last edited:

WilliamBoyd8

Nazi treasure!

Stories of Nazis living in South American countries began soon after the war ended. Hollywood companies even made films about the subject, for instance the film "Notorious" made in 1946.

:)