Kill Bill kicks all 3 of de matrix's asses!

How yis all.. havent been her in a while but sure. I was reading up on some of the threads and came across one about the matrix n someone praising the films.
Granted..I loved the first one, thoguht it was a brilliant mind bending piece of work but after that it all went a bit ahywire i thought...The characters were never really developped in any way after first one n the stunts were forgive me for sayin this! over the top n unrealistic...in short TOO much computer ****!

October 17 2003....Kill Bill is released. The long awaited comeback of Quentin Tarantino. I think it took me two days to go and see it and Holy ****, was i blown away by it. Killer story, brilliant action scenes with NO CGI, great acting, and the mother of all cliffhanger endings. One line and BANG, even if u didnt like the film you'd go back for more. Killer soundtrack too. ALl around, i'm not pissing on the matrix or anything but i personally think the Wachowski brothers had the makings of a brilliant trilogy but basically killed it. I also am convinced that i have seen the best movie the year has to off er in Kill Bill, well apart from probanly Return Of The King and maybe The Last Samurai.

EvilNazi

Kill Bill is great. Tarantino as that quality. He always makes simple stories. but it is that simplicity which he makes so perfectly. kill bill is simply a revenge story. but the atmosphere, the dialogue, the scenes, the music, all that is great. Uma Thurman acts very good in it, you might think such a movie requires a shallow acting, but when she wakes up from the coma and screams and cries desperately because of something im not gonna tell, is great.

and the exageration of that violence makes it humoruous instead of discusting or anything. i cant wait till kill bill volume II.

still i think tarantino reached the top with pulp fiction. since then, "from dusk till dawn" wasnt precisely good and kill bill no matter how good it is, its not as good as pulp fiction. i guess pulp fiction had very good humour and very intelligent dialogues.

Pale Horse

Staff member
And to think, he has no formal training in Film. He was a video cassette salesman (no offense Ren) who loved movies.

EvilNazi

yeah, i heard that too. he is a fan of movies making movies. i would love to get an opportunity like he did. reservoir dogs was supposed to be a short movie all taking place in the same ware house and the cast was supposed to be composed by friends of tarantino. i dont know what happened to it but it looks like a studio showed interest in it.
if you hear him in his interviews, he gets all axcited when he talks about his inspirations and movies. he is simply a movie fan.

Tequileros

I love Quentin Tarantino's movies. I absolutely do.
I'm very looking forward to volume 2 and people say that it's going to be a bit of different movie then the 1st. More dialogs and sort. Also what I like about the Tarantino movies are the references to his previous movies.
The radio station in Reservoir Dogs is per example K-Billy, and the samurai sword Butch (Bruce Willes) grabs in Pulp Fiction is simelar to the sword THe Bride (Uma Thurman) has in Kill Bill.
There was also a movie that appeared on a tv in one of Quentin's movies where the actor that playes Hantori Hanzo was in.
And don't forget the trunkshots, the barefoot of women and Red Apple's cigarettes ;).

Kate

I haven't seen any of Tarantino's movies, but I have some friends that are fans, and they say that his films are very violent and gorss, generally not my type of thing. But he has a reputation as a great director and a very imaginitive guy, so perhaps I should see some of his work. I don't care for "The Matrix" much, I find it overrated. But that's just my two cents.

Strider

I haven't seen Kill Bill ether but I've heard some great things about it. As for the Matrix, aaarrrrgggg. I enjoyed the first one but the other one's sucked in my opinion. I think Keano Reeves is a horrible actor and they really went overboard with special effects.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Tequileros said:
I love Quentin Tarantino's movies. I absolutely do.
I'm very looking forward to volume 2 and people say that it's going to be a bit of different movie then the 1st. More dialogs and sort. Also what I like about the Tarantino movies are the references to his previous movies.
The radio station in Reservoir Dogs is per example K-Billy, and the samurai sword Butch (Bruce Willes) grabs in Pulp Fiction is simelar to the sword THe Bride (Uma Thurman) has in Kill Bill.
There was also a movie that appeared on a tv in one of Quentin's movies where the actor that playes Hantori Hanzo was in.
And don't forget the trunkshots, the barefoot of women and Red Apple's cigarettes ;).

He certainly is trying to build his world around him.Doing things like this just makes it fun to watch his movies.