Indy V wish list

The Man

Connery's Toupe said:
I was referring more to the stuttering, stumbling fool that Indy had deteriorated into in the last half of the movie. " I wrote!" delivered like Neilsen. Flailing arms in the quicksand: Neilsen like.

I didn't fully notice all that - I was too hypnotised with horror watching batty Marion.

The Man

Connery's Toupe said:
Ah, yes: Marion Rogers, a new character. It certainly wasn't the Marion I expected.

(Marion Ravenlunatic)

Now that she's married, Marion carries the name of a doped-up, delusional, incarcerated athlete. Justice, hot and steamy...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
If Lucas has a wish list, it's probably made up of unused elements, such as:

Use whip to make opponent shoot self (Raiders)
Himalayan Shaman (Raiders)
Mechanical arm, radio implanted in villain's head (Raiders, Monkey, Crusade)
Rolling egg sequence (Doom)
Water ski (Monkey)
Ride rhinoceros (Monkey)
Pre-battle pep talk, Gladiator fight (Monkey)
Indy dies (Monkey)
Apes (Monkey, Crusade)
Lit trail of gasoline or gunpowder (Monkey, Crusade, Darabont)
Riverboat (Monkey, Saucer, Skull)
Stairway to heaven (Crusade)
Parachute Dive (Saucer)
College football field (Saucer, Skull)
Breakaway floor over Nazca lines (Skull)

jdm_jib

I really hope they follow the trend of the first three and do a prequel to KOTCS set a couple of years before staring Mac and indy, maybe have the opening scene set even further back where Indy meets Mac for the first time.

I dont think im ready for Shia to steal the show just yet.

muttjones

jdm_jib said:
I really hope they follow the trend of the first three and do a prequel to KOTCS set a couple of years before staring Mac and indy, maybe have the opening scene set even further back where Indy meets Mac for the first time.

I dont think im ready for Shia to steal the show just yet.

that sounds cool but george lucas would probably jump on the introduction of Mac and his stupid multi-agent thing that went on in KOTCS.

i do like the idea of a prequel though but without mac cos i hated his character.

EddyW

Yes, I would like it to be a prequel too, mainly because I don't like all the new stuff introduced in part 4 that changes everything in such a big way. I don't care for Indy having a son and being married, I have no need to see Marion star in another Indy film and I thought Mac and Oxley were lame and uninteresting characters. I'd rather see Indy tracking around the globe alone and meeting some new characters, getting in danger, saving his ass, finish the story and that's that. The only character I wouldn't mind seeing back is Sallah because he's got his roots deep in to the Indy universe. So I'd vote for a prequel, less family friendy, some gore and scares, just Indy on a stand alone adventure, but above all a SOLID SCRIPT! That's my only real wish for part V.

WillKill4Food

Moedred said:
...seeking to hasten the apocalypse
I had an idea for an adventure story (not an Indy one however, fan fiction is a waste of time to me) that would involve something like that. Wasn't sure how to implement it correctly, though.

BTW, muttjones, nice avatar.:rolleyes: :(

Indyisreal

A good script. A movie thats not Disney (KOTCS). Shortround and Salla. Great adventure. History. Booby traps. Good humor ( like the first three movies).

HovitosKing

Indyisreal said:
A good script. A movie thats not Disney (KOTCS). Shortround and Salla. Great adventure. History. Booby traps. Good humor ( like the first three movies).

Agreed, on every point.

foreignerfred said:
My wish is that an Indy V gets made.

...and VI.

Yeah, KOTCS was by no means a quality standalone film. It definitely stands alone, but right now it's just floating around out there by itself, the unwanted stepbrother who doesn't get to play with his three step-siblings. At this point you almost have to pull out a couple more sequels just to take the burning spotlight off this...this...whatever it is.

My wishes for an hypothetical "Indy 5" would be (in order of importance):

1) DON'T DO IT!!!

2) If you really can't help doing it, then DO IT AS A PREQUEL OR A RETCON. A sequel would inevitably be a deathblow to the entire, already-agonizing saga. For A LOT of reasons.

3) no more Marion Ravenwood and, most importantly, NO MORE MUTT WILLIAMS. Indiana Jones' franchise doesn't need to appeal to children and "stupid-films" fanboys.

4) Possibly a good ADVENTURE story. No more terribly unworthy sci-fi crossovers. If aliens are involved, maybe it's time to use 'em in a smart way (example: if the fourth movie had been inspired by "The Infernal Machine" instead that by the horrible "Saucer Men From Mars" script, then it would have had all the qualities to be a true masterpiece, on par with the previous three if not even superior. And in "The Infernal Machine" there are LOTS of aliens). Think about it.

5) To me, the right Indy girl for the fifties should be Sophia Hapgood.

6) The returning character, instead, should be "Mac" McHale. If so, Sallah or Short Round could have parts in the opening sequence. And I would also like to add to my wish list a possible cameo appearence of Willie Scott.

7) Finally... hundreds of thousands of bloodthirsty piranhas that make those stupid CGI ants turn pale!!!

On a side note... it's funny to notice how some of you guys have written far better stories then the "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" one. Thumbs up to you. (y) Shame on David Koepp. :(

HovitosKing

Sophia Hapgood would be an interesting character to see on screen. Stranger, have you ever seen Gone in 60 Seconds (the newer remake)?

foreignerfred

To continue my initial response to this thread... At this point, I really wish they'd officially announce one way or another that they're either thinking of a possibly doing a sequel, that they are definitely doing a sequel, or that they've decided 4 is the number of completion.

It's hard to not long for some vision for what comes next.

kongisking

Title: Indiana Jones and the Fangs of Morvock
MacGuffin: The Fangs of Morvock, a collection of teeth from the corpse of a dragon which, when mixed in a magical potion, will resurrect a real fire-breathing dragon to unleash on the world. The creature cannot be harmed by modern weapons, and will lay waste to the entire planet.
Year: 1959
Returning Characters: (asterisk cameos) Henry Sr. in a flashback.
New Characters: (and/or actors) Actors: Anthony Hopkins (sorceror villain), Megan Fox (sorceror's daughter)
Indy girl: (for whom?) Mutt's girl would be the sorceror's rebellious daughter, who is having second thoughts about her allegiances and has grown a crush on Mutt. She later defects and joins the good guys.
Sidekick: Mutt Williams
Champagne villain: (and motivation) Same as below (sorceror would be a combo of champagne and menacer!)
Menacing villain: (and/or his army) An evil sorceror that wants to use the Fangs to resurrect a living dragon to conquer the Earth
Critters: a swarm of baby sharks
Locations: (in order) ???
Opening: Indy as a kid learning the legend of the Fangs of Morvock
Sets and setpieces: Can't think of sets, put here are setpiece ideas: Another Mutt sword duel, more elaborate and swashbuckling this time; a battle with a Kraken, a one-on-one fight between Indy and a strong foe; a helicopter battle (taking place inside, around, under and behind the chopper), a machine-gun fight; a whip-versus-sword confrontation; and as the grand setpiece a HUGE battle scene inside the Garden of Eden!
Vehicles: Mutt's bobber, ATV (were they around in the late 50's?), jet fighters
Grisly death: The opposite of Donovan: Rapid youth! All the way from adult to teen to toddler to baby to fetus to sperm to POOF! Nothing left!
Finale: a visit to the Underworld.
Last shot: Indy, Mutt ride off into sunset...when Mutt's sillouhet falls over and slips off his horse! LOL!

This just slapdash on-the-spot speculation. Not my final vision of my dream Indy V.

jdm_jib

sounds good to me!

def a good idea, altho maybe the sunset ending would be abit corney once actually filmed, but all the same, a nice touch.