Comments on the status of Indy V

Indy's next adventure should be set straight after Crystal Skull, with a crew member accidentally hitting him in the face with a copy of the script. Indy suddenly wakes up from his trance (like in Temple), looks into the camera with menacing rage, punches Marion in the face, sets fire to Mutt then goes off to track down and finally rid the world of the many-necked bearded freak child they call George Lucas.

AlivePoet

replican't said:
Indy's next adventure should be set straight after Crystal Skull, with a crew member accidentally hitting him in the face with a copy of the script. Indy suddenly wakes up from his trance (like in Temple), looks into the camera with menacing rage, punches Marion in the face, sets fire to Mutt then goes off to track down and finally rid the world of the many-necked bearded freak child they call George Lucas.

Welcome back replican't! :hat:

I would like to see this series end better than where KotCS left it. That's all.

The Man

I'm neither for nor against at this stage, but how would people take to J.J. Abrams writing the screenplay..?

Oh, and cast Tina Fey as Indy's sexy-geek secretary who tags along. She could comfort him in his time of distress, having just lost Marion and Mutt in a freak abattoir accident...

Benraianajones

Moedred said:
Throwing a monkey wrench of any size into a tested relationship is pure laziness. Viewers endure the maneuverings to the inevitable reunion, while learning to loathe the characters just a little. Think of all the sequels which suffered for it: Zorro 2, National Treasure 2, Ghostbusters 2. Each is a franchise killer which poisoned what came before.

True! But throwing in Marion and Mutt would be just as lazy!

Just give us an archelogist woman with a simple career-mind like Elsa's - without the greed and double-crossing.

deckard24

The Man said:
I'm neither for nor against at this stage, but how would people take to J.J. Abrams writing the screenplay..?

Oh, and cast Tina Fey as Indy's sexy-geek secretary who tags along. She could comfort him in his time of distress, having just lost Marion and Mutt in a freak abattoir accident...
I'm all for Tina Fey!!(y)

deckard24

The Man said:
Can you imagine the comedic chemistry between her and Ford? Off! The! Scale! She's quite the saucy kitty, too...
You know I wasn't even thinking about the comedic chemistry...guess my mind is elsewhere!;)

The Man

deckard24 said:
You know I wasn't even thinking about the comedic chemistry...guess my mind is elsewhere!;)

Tina_Fey.jpg

"How do you like my chemistry..?"

Dewy9

The Man said:

If he gets involved, Indy would end up running into polar bears while strolling around Cairo.

MTV: A few months later, can you be objective about the film now?

Ford: I have two heads. I can go inside or outside the film. I think that's important for me to see it in an external way.

MTV: Does that external head think this one stands up to the other three films?

Ford: That external head has no mouth. That external head is smart enough to keep his goddamn mouth shut. (Laughs.)

MTV: There were a number of potential plotlines and scripts considered for this film over the years. Was this your favorite?

Ford: This was the final incarnation. I came to agree to it.

Am I the only one thinking that the most interesting part of that very interview was the one I just quoted above??
I don't want to sound polemical, but... those statements are clear hints to the fact that Harrison himself considered this film to be crap.

Damn, some days ago I was at a shopping centre in town and on some of those ultra-cool HDTVs for sale they were showing a promotional DVD of "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
I was there, so I simply decided to stay and watch some ten minutes of the film. It was the part when Indy and Mutt fly to Nazca, 'til the point they arrive at the cemetery, and enter the catacombs.

And, well. Watching those scenes after all of these months had the effect of irritating me so much that I personally think I will never buy that DVD. Really, it's a movie that I sincerely don't want to see anymore.

I had NEVER imagined that a hardcore fan like me could ever arrive to the point of despise "Indy 4" that much.
It's like something personal at this point. Damn, there were only a couple of things that I was REALLY hoping not to see in "Indiana Jones IV", because I considered them horrible ideas. And then, when I saw the DVD, I was suddenly reminded of the fact that ALL OF THOSE FREAKIN' THINGS were ACTUALLY in the film. ALL OF THEM. Like a bad joke, where EVERYTHING goes bad exactly the way it hurts more.

I am sad... :(

Now... sorry for this outburst, guys... really... it's not in my style... but I felt like writing it, to try and fight the frustration of still being an Indyfan in 2008... :(

Sorry again.

YouNeverKnow

I remember laughing when he was on Leno and saying "Don't go see it! It's terrible!" But then after seeing it, even though I like it, I realize that's probably his real opinion on the film as well. Too funny.

Indy's brother

Tina fey as a sidekick is Off. The. Chain! She could do her whole nerdy thing very well with the late 50's look, then show her all sexy at some point with no glasses, tousled hair... Her smarmy skills would be a perfect pairing for our laconic Dr. Jones. Added bonus: they both have interesting facial scars!

emtiem

The Stranger said:
I had NEVER imagined that a hardcore fan like me could ever arrive to the point of despise "Indy 4" that much.

I think only a hardcore fan could despise it that much! :)
Most people just took it for what it was.

indyrcks

well I think Harrison could say to Stephen and George make the fifth one like the previous three if he thinks Crystal Skull is crap

vf wing

It seems to be moving slowly, but I'm sure he keeps us a bit behind intentionally. Glad he's considering Mutt & Marion's potential inclusion on the story's own terms and not according to fan whims.