Anyone know a good new Star Wars book?

grumpus

i was just thinking, im on the very last star wars book that i own, and i was hoping for some suggestions. i dont know if any of you read them, but i was hoping my fellow fans might help me out. I really do need something to read otherwise i might go crazy.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Well I've read the The black fleet crisis trilogy by Michael P. Kube-McDowell. I remember it beeing pretty good.
I've also read The new rebellion by Kristine Kathryn Rush but I don't remember what it was about.

I heard The Thrawn trilogy written by Timothy Zahn was really good so if I were you and wanted to read Starwars novels I 'd take that.

grumpus

well Strider, i counted 20 novels on 1 self, and ive read quite a few i dont own. I just finished Black Fleet Crisis and I read Thrwn awhile back. The New rebellion, i know of it but i cant find it anywhere i live. And actually no it doesnt have to be Star Wars, its just that I have been reading a lot of them lately and im hooked on them.

Katarn07

The New Jedi Order is an epic 20 books series taking place 25 years after Return of the Jedi. I loved the ones I read, but many more people hate them. It's very dark; lots of people were killed off (only one movie character, the rest were book created characters) and many planets were devasted.

It does contain a great line by Han Solo, though:

"It's not the years; it's the parsecs." ;)

Vector Prime is first in the series.

Another great one is Shadow Hunter. It's before Episode I and about Darth Maul hunting down a guy, a Jedi, and a Neimodian on Coruscant. Full of action and adventure and is mostly all original characters.

And of course, the ones listed are good.

Non-SW books I loved are: Redwall, Ender's Game, and Of Mice and Men. My three favorite books of all time :)

grumpus

yeah, Redwall and Of Mice and Men I have read those, very very good i must agree. Ive thought about the New jedi order, but i havent had any idea what order they go in

Katarn07

Vector Prime
Dark Tide 1: Onslaught
Dark Tide 2: Ruin
Agents of Chaos 1: Hero's Trial
Agents of Chaos 2: Jedi Eclipse
Balance Point
Edge of Victory 1: Conquest
Edge of Victory 2: Rebirth
Star by Star
Dark Journey
Enemy Lines 1: Rebel Dream
Enemy Lines 2: Rebel Stand
Traitor
Destiny's Way

I'm not sure how many more there are after that. The Unifying Force is the last one but I don't even know how it all ended yet truth be told. You might have to be nuts about both SW and the SW books out their to appreciate these. The again, some SW nuts hate these with a passion. I'm actually indifferent. I liked what I read and the overall story arc that I know.

westford

The Courtship of Princess Leia (if you've not read it). Contains the fab Han Solo line "Kiss my Wookie!" :D

And the Han Solo trilogy was quite good too.

Kate

Hmmm....

Well, the Han Solo trilogy by A. C. Crispin is excellent, and I'm not even a fan of SW.

grumpus

to me they all seem good and different. the han solo books are really good, i finished them earlier this year.

The_Raiders

Finn said:
Does it exactly have to be a Star Wars book? There is plenty of other stuff one can read as well.

Yeah I agree, I'm a big star wars fan too, but there's tos of great books to read, may i suggest books by Patrick F Mcmanus? His book are reall great, and hilariouse, I've read everyone of them but one, each chapter is another different outdoors true story, and there're very funny! (y)

Indy_Chic

Kate said:
Hmmm....

Well, the Han Solo trilogy by A. C. Crispin is excellent, and I'm not even a fan of SW.

Though that was an older post, I strongly believe that trilogy is a fantastic read! And I recommend the New Jedi Order series, that is definitely something to check out!