3-3/4" Indy and Map Room

hemble

Hi All

When the new Indy Toys came out I was hoping that they were as good as the SW toy line was so I could do some diorama's with them and I have to say that I wasn't dissapointed. So to start of the 3-3/4" dio's I thought that the Map Room was a good start to this collection.

RECIPE

1: The figure is from Hasbro's Deluxe Indy in disguise with ark set, the only things I changed on this figure were the wrap around and the extra head piece that hangs down which is pieces of pleatherc ut to size and glued in place. The robes were resized to give a snug fit and then given a wash of diluted cloth glue to harden it.

The staff of Ra is a piece of plasti-rod cut to size and the medallion I got of the net it was resized and the printed off and glued to the top of the staff.

2: Base is two small bases glued together and then glued down onto some cardboard and sanded, Then the main base was cut from some old scrap marine foam and the buildings were also from some scrap marine foam. Fine sand was used to cover the base and the figure and base were painted using vallejo and Reaper paints.

mr1.jpg

mr8.jpg

mr6.jpg

mr7.jpg

mr5.jpg

hemble

Thanks for the comments guys, always appreciated and keep an eye out more figures/customs coming.

Ron

KSC2-303

That is amazing work! I really wish Hasbro had revisted this set with the new figures. Even a straight rehash would have been fine by me.

hemble

Thanks KSC2-303 glad you liked it and Fingers x that Hasbro do same rehashers we can only hope.

Ron

KSC2-303

I think you inspired me to try this out myself. One question, what did you use to make that tiny fence?! It's so detailed for such a small scale!

hemble

Hi All

Indy fan 235 - thanks for the kind words.

KSC2-303 - Hope to see your map room soon, as for the fence if it's the small fences around the buildings I used marine foam, I just cut it to size.

And the fence around the dig site were the germans are digging it's made from pins with the heads cut off and then red sewing string was wrapped around it.

Ron

hemble

HI All

Agent Spalko
You should make the entrance to the Map Room diorama as well. That would be awesome.

I'm actually going to do some shadow box diorama's and do the entrance and the map room again, plus some other scenes from the movies.

Ron